Sponsored

Visual estimate of 2021 Bronco wheelbase and size (112 inch wheelbase guesstimate)

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
We didn't get any good side shots IIRC, but subtracting the suicide door on the Frankenranger puts it at about the same as the Wrangler 2-door.

Personally I'd prefer about 104" but it looks a lot more like 96-98"
Keep in mind that the Wrangler has weird wheel placement, with the front wheels riding over the edge of the front bumper, and an abnormally long hood. If it were a normally proportioned vehicle the Wrangler would have a wheelbase of about 90", so the Bronco could have a lot more passenger/cargo room on an equally short wheelbase by virtue of being constructed more traditionally. I always have to remind myself of that when people start talking about two figure wheelbases for the two door.

Bronco v Wrangler wheelbase.jpg
Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Case in point, here's the Wrangler overlaid with the tarp teaser, don't know why I didn't just do this the first time around but assuming these two have identical wheelbases, we're looking at an extra six inches of cabin room since the hood is basically offset thanks to the Bronco's inclusion of front overhang. Still, it's a bit smaller than I'd hoped, even shorter than the Wrangler in one or two areas, so here's hoping this isn't exactly to scale, I'm hoping for more cargo capacity than a Fiesta.

Bronco Wrangler Overlay.jpg

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Our Pajero has a 95" wheelbase which makes it extremely maneuverable but also makes it hop like a mountain goat over rocky trails. Also it has very little rear cargo room. The ZJ is 106" and has a lot more room inside, and it rides more gracefully over the trails (although the smaller tires means having to pick a more careful line). I'm hoping the 2 door Bronco is more in line with the ZJ in length (4 door wranglers always looked like stretch limos to me - very awkward looking) but of course with a bit more cargo room and better offroad chops.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport also has a 106" wheelbase. It rides great and has just the right amount of cargo space for my needs - and is easy to maneuver and park. I was hoping that the 4-door Bronco Bronco would be about the same - not 112". Otherwise I would be looking at the 2-door (even though I really would like a 4-door). But if the 2-door is only going to be about 100" - 102" then that will not provide enough cargo space for my needs. And then I would be looking at the Baby Bronco - but only if it would have the mid-size wheelbase and offer the manual (which it very well may not) and be more than just another cross-over. So I may end up just keeping my 6-speed manual Jeep - which has everything that I really need or want anyway. And since it has a ding on it - it is already broken in. :)

Last edited:

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2.0T
Keep in mind that the Wrangler has weird wheel placement, with the front wheels riding over the edge of the front bumper, and an abnormally long hood. If it were a normally proportioned vehicle the Wrangler would have a wheelbase of about 90", so the Bronco could have a lot more passenger/cargo room on an equally short wheelbase by virtue of being constructed more traditionally. I always have to remind myself of that when people start talking about two figure wheelbases for the two door.
Extremely solid point you made there, didn't even think about that (and to think I'm a Jeep guy, lmao).

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really hope the Bronco 2d is over 100”. Anything smaller and it’s strictly a Jeep clone rock crawler and probably without sfa. What’s the point of that.

112” on the 4d is a nice length. I always thought the Jeeps 4d were a little too long.

Last edited:

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going to throw my "guess" in at about 116" for the lwb. On the assumption that it is rolling on 17's and guestimating where that inner rim dimension falls I got estimates between 115 and 117 (blue vs red).
Ford Bronco Visual estimate of 2021 Bronco wheelbase and size (112 inch wheelbase guesstimate) 1579182186859

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spoken like one'a them damn engineers...always wanna talk about facts.
Could I have checked some documentation? perhaps. But where is the fun in that! I wanted to draw my own pretty picture like everyone else!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going to throw my "guess" in at about 116" for the lwb. On the assumption that it is rolling on 17's and guestimating where that inner rim dimension falls I got estimates between 115 and 117 (blue vs red).
Ford Bronco Visual estimate of 2021 Bronco wheelbase and size (112 inch wheelbase guesstimate) 1579182186859
If those are 17" wheels, how small are the tires?

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If those are 17" wheels, how small are the tires?
Using that same highly accurate NASA level gauge, no less than 31", either way I'm not impressed with the tread pattern on this particular build, this build reminds me of the Sahara trim Wrangler lol. I'm sure we'll see some out on BFG's or better soon enough

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think its worth mentioning that the original Broncos were 104" wheelbase. My dad had an '85 (or thereabouts) Bronco. I loved the interior space. If I were to get a 2 door, I think I would want the same roominess that the '80s models provided.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think its worth mentioning that the original Broncos were 104" wheelbase. My dad had an '85 (or thereabouts) Bronco. I loved the interior space. If I were to get a 2 door, I think I would want the same roominess that the '80s models provided.
Um, no?

The original Bronco's had a 92" wheel base. you are thinking about the 3rd gen Big Broncos, 1980+ (78/79 where also big Broncos, Gen 2)

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Um, no?

The original Bronco's had a 92" wheel base. you are thinking about the 3rd gen Big Broncos, 1980+ (78/79 where also big Broncos, Gen 2)
Ah... my bad. I quick Googled a 1967 and 104 came up, but I think that was referring to later model. Damn Google. Anyhow, yes, I did like the room in the 80s models.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah... my bad. I quick Googled a 1967 and 104 came up, but I think that was referring to later model. Damn Google. Anyhow, yes, I did like the room in the 80s models.
I like the Big Broncos as well, I have an '82. but for a toy, I prefer the smaller size of the early Bronco's, and am glad to see that that is what the new BroncoBronco is being designed after. I would like to see them bring in a BIGBroncoBronco in a couple of years as well, that is based off of the F-150 frame. So that we end up with 3 Broncos, the Baby, the Bronco, and the Big.
Sponsored