Sponsored

Visual estimate of 2021 Bronco wheelbase and size (112 inch wheelbase guesstimate)

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I like the Big Broncos as well, I have an '82. but for a toy, I prefer the smaller size of the early Bronco's, and am glad to see that that is what the new BroncoBronco is being designed after. I would like to see them bring in a BIGBroncoBronco in a couple of years as well, that is based off of the F-150 frame. So that we end up with 3 Broncos, the Baby, the Bronco, and the Big.
Now you're just spending money I don't have.
Sponsored

Jimmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fronty/ FiST/ Z
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am going to throw my "guess" in at about 116" for the lwb. On the assumption that it is rolling on 17's and guestimating where that inner rim dimension falls I got estimates between 115 and 117 (blue vs red).
1579182186859.png
I measured the bolt spacing on the spare 6x5.5" and deduced it is an 18" wheel with a 32" tall Dueler A/T tire.

Jimmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fronty/ FiST/ Z
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think its worth mentioning that the original Broncos were 104" wheelbase. My dad had an '85 (or thereabouts) Bronco. I loved the interior space. If I were to get a 2 door, I think I would want the same roominess that the '80s models provided.
We had an 84 Bronco. They were definitely wider (think F-150) versus a Ranger.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... So that we end up with 3 Broncos, the Baby, the Bronco, and the Big.
We've already got three of them. Everyone always forgets the little unibody pickup -- sibling to Escape and baby.

Some third hand references suggested that a full size which shares F150 parts is on the table and waiting for pass/fail sales figures from the BroncoBronco.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We've already got three of them. Everyone always forgets the little unibody pickup -- sibling to Escape and baby.

Some third hand references suggested that a full size which shares F150 parts is on the table and waiting for pass/fail sales figures from the BroncoBronco.
So I need to buy a BroncoBronco to get Ford to build and sell me the full size I really want? I could get on board for that.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I need to buy a BroncoBronco to get Ford to build and sell me the full size I really want? I could get on board for that.
So, I need to buy a Bronco Bronco to get them to build a full size Bronco , so that , maybe, they will build me an Excursion Bronco ..... Super Duty Bronco .... with a 7.3L, Dana 60's and what ever the heck they use in the rear.... 10.5"?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sounds fun. If Ford can't keep up with demand I'm sure they'd be willing to spread the love around on some more models.
I just bring it up because a co-worker and I were just agreeing that we wish Excursions were available, especially since the 3/4 ton Suburban is gone now too.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So that we end up with 3 Broncos, the Baby, the Bronco, and the Big.
I vote for one more Bronco "R" with SFA >>>>> "R" for rock crawler :shock::rockon:

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I vote for one more Bronco "R" with SFA >>>>> "R" for rock crawler :shock::rockon:
Well, I think that would be a trim level, not a diff model

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Using that same highly accurate NASA level gauge, no less than 31", either way I'm not impressed with the tread pattern on this particular build, this build reminds me of the Sahara trim Wrangler lol. I'm sure we'll see some out on BFG's or better soon enough
Falken Wildpeaks are my favs rn

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2.0T
Falken Wildpeaks are my favs rn
I've heard nothing but great things about them, honestly. They'll most likely be my next set of tires once the stock Goodyears wear out on my Wrangler. I know Ford was using Hankook Dynapro ATMs on the new F150s and Rangers so I wouldn't be surprised to see them come stock on the Bronco. Either them or KO2s on their off-road trims.

Hawk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner Limited V8 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have Wildpeaks on my 4Runner and they've been great so far (about 10,000 miles). Ok, back on topic.

U725

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Roadster, R53 MC40 Mini Cooper S
A buddy just put Wildpeaks on his FJ and he loves them so far.
Sponsored