Sponsored

Voice Command Button - Can It Control SYNC and AA/ CP Simultaneously?

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dumb question, but can't for the life of me find an answer to this, and it's driving me crazy.

Long story short, for several reasons I prefer not to stream music from my phone but instead run a sizable USB drive with my music library on it - but I DO run Android Auto for phone and navigation connectivity.

The problem, it seems, is if I want to pick a specific artist or album out of that thumb drive through SYNC menus, I have to be stopped. Once in motion, that doesn't appear to be possible.

I thought voice controls would be the solution here like it is in many other vehicles with AA or CarPlay, wherein a short press on the voice button on the steering wheel would command the vehicle's own infotainment system and a long button would trigger the phone projection.

But a short press on my Bronco's steering wheel voice command button actually moved the screen away from SYNC, into Android Auto, and cued the Google Assistant. Which cannot, to my knowledge, control SYNC functions.

Is this what I should expect? Again, seems contrary to many other cars with Android Auto that I've owned/ driven/ etc...
Sponsored