Voided Warranty: with 35’s+ and 7sp?

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford engineers are stipulating that the 7sp with low crawl ratio won’t pass their durability testing with the 35in tires and the Sasquatch package, will they void warranties on all 7sp that add the 35in or 37 inch MT after purchase?

Would this not set up a huge liable class action suit against Ford after they paraded just that through mass social media on their reveal?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No thoughts or no one cares? Maybe Ford is right and no one will order the 7sp? Then it’s not an issue. Haha

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
It depends on the manufacturer.
GM with Hummer for instance did pay for “normal” off-road damage and still warrantied up to a certain point trucks with larger tires. For instance, very early H2 9.25 front diffs would sometimes crack when you came down hard with spinning tires before they were redesigned. I never heard anyone running 37s have issues with warranty replacement, 39.5+? Yea they didn’t help too much there.

I think we’re going to see a lot of broken M190 diffs pretty fast. Looking at the specs and available info the M210 should be across the board.

It’s an interesting point that Ford twitter spokesman said the “Base” model was a blank canvas to build whatever one desires... and then install M190 diffs on them...

Personally I also plan on the 7 speed.

That’s going to make this interesting.

Last edited:

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No thoughts or no one cares? Maybe Ford is right and no one will order the 7sp? Then it’s not an issue. Haha
You can order the Badlands with a manual; it comes with 33's. Not sure how putting 35's on it will void the warranty. It also appears that you can option 35's by themself.

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It depends on the manufacturer.
GM with Hummer for instance did pay for “normal” off-road damage and still warrantied up to a certain point trucks with larger tires. For instance, very early H2 9.25 front diffs would sometimes crack when you came down hard with spinning tires before they were redesigned. I never heard anyone running 37s have issues with warranty replacement, 39.5+? Yea they didn’t help too much there.

I think we’re going to see a lot of broken M190 diffs pretty fast. Looking at the specs and available info the M210 should be across the board.

It’s an interesting point that Ford twitter spokesman said the “Base” model was a blank canvas to build whatever one desires... and then install M190 diffs on them...

Personally I also plan on the 7 speed.

That’s going to make this interesting.
Thanks for the feedback. I was going by someone saying engineering did not sign off on the 7sp going with the 35 Sasquatch package. If this is the case it will be interesting to see how ford handles it.

I know for a fact that if ford does not offer the sas and 7sp more than a few will add 35:37 tires. Just as ford showed off in many videos in there reveal.

Currently Ford is getting killed with warranty costs. It’s in the billions...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can order the Badlands with a manual; it comes with 33's. Not sure how putting 35's on it will void the warranty. It also appears that you can option 35's by themself.
I’m saying engineering does not believe the 7sp and 35 will work long term. If this is the case how will Ford react to customers that added them like ford did on the reveal?

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the feedback. I was going by someone saying engineering did not sign off on the 7sp going with the 35 Sasquatch package. If this is the case it will be interesting to see how ford handles it.

I know for a fact that if ford does not offer the sas and 7sp more than a few will add 35:37 tires. Just as ford showed off in many videos in there reveal.

Yes I’ve read about the no manual on Sasquatch, I’m not sure what the deal is in that. The Sasquatch package, I’m starting to see, is very important for getting the better differential. Gears and tires are relatively cheap changes, the front diff is a PIA to change.

Depending on cost, and manual availability on sas, I will likely do exactly what you mention

7 speed base model, regear to 4.88, run 35 or 37s. The differential is the weak point it appears.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Where was it confirmed that engineering was the deciding factor here? It could just as easily be bean counters.

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed this too. I'm getting a Badlands with a MT. I see that 35s are an option. Doesn't a Badlands+35's essentially give you the Sasquatch package? I'm thinking this is the way I'm going.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If they have a Ford Performance package with 35s, your warranty will remain intact.

Sponsored

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I noticed this too. I'm getting a Badlands with a MT. I see that 35s are an option. Doesn't a Badlands+35's essentially give you the Sasquatch package? I'm thinking this is the way I'm going.
You would just need the lift.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone else void a warranty because you or the dealer upsized the tires?

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you don't add the Sasquatch package, you won't get the front and rear lockers, 4.7 drive ratio, and the position sensitive Bilstein shock absorbers.

Ford Bronco Voided Warranty: with 35’s+ and 7sp? t2wCwSh
The Badlands comes standard with F/R lockers and the position-sensitive Bilstein shocks. It also has a "unique Badlands suspension". Not sure what that entails, but it does include a sway bar disconnect.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Badlands comes standard with F/R lockers and the position-sensitive Bilstein shocks. It also has a "unique Badlands suspension". Not sure what that entails, but it does include a sway bar disconnect.
Yes I agree, I just think the Sasquatch has upgraded parts and/or heavier duty.
Sponsored