Sponsored

**VOTE HERE** Top color choice for your 2021 ford BRONCO

What color choice for your preordered BRONCO ?

• Total voters

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's an entirely different topic (that was beaten to death like a dead horse beaten to death by a dead horse that was beaten to death by a live horse in the Ranger forums).

The incredibly brief answer is: It worked exactly as Ford designed it to work and she got her truck exactly as promised and in perfect condition with 8 miles on it.

Now, the forums were a total shit-show. Just as they will be on here once ordering actually starts and VIN's are generated due to unrealistic personalized expectations of global manufacturing processes.
Do you know if the vehicle's color impacts its prioritization and when it gets built?
Sponsored

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's an entirely different topic (that was beaten to death like a dead horse beaten to death by a dead horse that was beaten to death by a live horse in the Ranger forums).

The incredibly brief answer is: It worked exactly as Ford designed it to work and she got her truck exactly as promised and in perfect condition with 8 miles on it.

Now, the forums were a total shit-show. Just as they will be on here once ordering actually starts and VIN's are generated due to unrealistic personalized expectations of global manufacturing processes.
Thanks. I actually went back and read some of your posts from this last month that explained things. Appreciate it.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you know if the vehicle's color impacts its prioritization and when it gets built?
As this is actually tangentially on the topic of the thread i'll answer it instead of pulling this thread away from topic.

And this is only as I know it from going through Ranger pre-order. If they have made changes due to Covid or shifts, that is something I won't know and couldn't be expected to know.

For Ranger pre-release: There seemed to be no rhyme or reason about build date based on the color of the vehicle. Ford must have 100% parts on-hand before they will START to build a VIN. Therefore, I suppose that if the physical volume of paint on hand was below whatever their threshold is, they would delay starting ANY VIN build with that color.

(You can accurately extrapolate this 100% parts-on-hand requirement to every.single.aspect of production for a VIN)

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know there was discussion previously about Ford not being able to add a white hardtop as an option since that would require a different assembly line for the white paint being sprayed on. My question is why could Ford not have the white hardtops painted in advance and install them at the time that the graytop would be installed? Or would that also require a different assembly line?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there was discussion previously about Ford not being able to add a white hardtop as an option since that would require a different assembly line for the white paint being sprayed on. My question is why could Ford not have the white hardtops painted in advance and install them at the time that the graytop would be installed? Or would that also require a different assembly line?
Considering they're painting tops black and body-color, including white, I don't see why there would be any sort of assembly line problem for white tops

Sponsored

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there’s no white top available, my vote changes from Velocity Blue to Carbonized Gray. There will be riots though if no white tops are made haha

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want Ford to offer a molded in white color hardtop, not a painted white top.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Prio to yesterday I was definitely in for Cactus Grey with white top and silver grill. I voted Velocity Blue as I came across a pic yesterday with a white top and loved it. Also, I think there are going to be tons of Cactus Grey Broncos rolling around Charlotte (may be true for VB as well).
But will they add white tops to the options?

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ha, you and I are eyeing the same three colors. Race red looks great, just depends on the white top and accent color option.
I love the rapid red but will probably go with antimatter.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't decide between the Rapid Red and Cyber Orange!

Parsa

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Nissan Xterra 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love Cactus Gray but wife hates it. I would have to see Area 51 in person but think we'll play it safe and go Carbonized Gray. I wish there was a color similar to Toyota Cement Gray or an Army Green. 4 door Big Bend btw
In 2000, when I bought my Nissan Xterra 4x4, my wife was adamantly against me buying the Solar Yellow color, even though I liked it the best. So I got the primary red color. A few years later she said, "You know, maybe you should have gotten the yellow Xterra if you liked it. It does stand out." My advice is that if it's your car, go with the color you like.