Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have done some epic ferry trips over the years, mostly with motorcycles (https://www.whidbeylifemagazine.org/benevolent-bikers-buzz-whidbey-island-tulip-ride-2016/) - but a ferry loaded to the hilt with Broncos would be positively awesome.
Nice article. Will have to keep my eye out for that ride!

I have been to the Isle of Man on a bike a handful of times for the TT races. There I have seen ferries filled with 100s of epic bikes....but a ferry of Broncos?

That would be very cool and worth a pineapple sticker!
Sponsored

Brett Lumsden

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ram Longhorn 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Leavenworth area. Getting the Sport Badlands in Cactus .Can't wait to get it out on the trails(logging roads).

JimmyT

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat Spider, Ford Focus, GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just took delivery of my Bronco Sport Badlands + Badlands. Purchased from Jeff Wing at Bickford Ford in Snohomish. Using X-plan. It was seamless and they really took care of me, easy to work with. Their parts guy, Marc Curtis, is a long time off-roader and knows his stuff.

It was a long long wait for the Sport, ordered in July and delivered in February. I know you all waiting on the Bronco will be as eager as we all have been for the Sport. I hope you get a vehicle that meets your hopes and needs as we have with the Sport. Ford engineering really did a great job for us. (Ford IT and marketing has left something to be desired).

HATED1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Olympia! woop woop!

SJane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 440i, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Let's talk taxes in the state of WA. I went to a dealership to check out colors & the salesperson reminded me of the RTA tax. I've been too busy figuring out what color Bronco I want, to re-visit the taxes which will be due. My attention is now squarely on the taxes which will be due.

I've visited the DOL & the RTA sites. It appears the RTA or MVET tax is 1.1% if you're in the greater Seattle area. In example, a $50,000 Bronco will be accessed a tax of $550 for the RTA (Regional Transit Authority). Also noteworthy is that the MVET money is tax deductible, so remember that for your future taxes.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Let's talk taxes in the state of WA. I went to a dealership to check out colors & the salesperson reminded me of the RTA tax. I've been too busy figuring out what color Bronco I want, to re-visit the taxes which will be due. My attention is now squarely on the taxes which will be due.

I've visited the DOL & the RTA sites. It appears the RTA or MVET tax is 1.1% if you're in the greater Seattle area. In example, a $50,000 Bronco will be accessed a tax of $550 for the RTA (Regional Transit Authority). Also noteworthy is that the MVET money is tax deductible, so remember that for your future taxes.
Meh, i'll itemize the RTA portion on my 1040.

About Time

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Supertduty 7.3, 59 Custom 300, 78 550 Backhoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rollin outta Enumclaw, not til 2022 though!!!

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice article. Will have to keep my eye out for that ride!

I have been to the Isle of Man on a bike a handful of times for the TT races. There I have seen ferries filled with 100s of epic bikes....but a ferry of Broncos?

That would be very cool and worth a pineapple sticker!
I race formula cars as a hobby (SCCA Majors and SoVREN vintage) but the TT is a bucket list trip for me!

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re getting a 4 door... as long as the vehicle is considered a “truck” by DOL standards, you can load that 4 door up with weight and drive it onto a scale. Trucks over 6k GVWR are exempt from RTA. Print the ticket and submit to DOL and you’re good to be exempt for as long as the law exists.

Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Silverdale checking in! 🍺🍺🍺

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They will accept the vehicles actual weight from a scale receipt. Check this link from the Tundra forum.

https://www.tundras.com/threads/washington-state-annual-registration-rta-tax.58695/
Now this is a fun one! And I enjoy ways to mess with the DOL/DMV. One of these days when I have to get new tabs on the '51 all those tolls and charges will come due.... But I doubt they are about to get back into the market of manufacturing stamped metal tabs again, so until then, i'll just drive toll-free.

FYI: You can deduct the RTA on your Form 1040.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Assuming you have enough deductions in general to surpass the now larger standard deduction.

I stand corrected, apparently I underestimated the level of incompetence in our State agencies. Considering I feel they are all operating at below a kindergarten level, that is surprising.

I have all my vehicles registered in Chelan County so don't have to deal with this waste of public funds

Magnitude Flow

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Snoqualmie here, Evergreen Ford.