Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Still doesn't make any sense to me, if the mod top wasn't late availability, those orders would have been filled before yours, just like they will be with the top being late availability. the top option being standard on a trim level has nothing to do with priority of the build.

trim level is an OPTION, the black mod top is also an OPTION.
The problem is there could be too many orders getting pushed to late availability thus turning my otherwise 21 standard order into a 22 - just to satisfy someone who wanted an optional item for their 21, I could take the MIC top and keep my place in line but there are too many unknowns as to where my place in line ends up with OPTIONAL being allowed for the black mod on other trims.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They dropped the price from wildtrak and fe. Those emails went only to those who held those reservations

It would be in bad form if they fulfilled black top orders for the other trims, before the trims where it comes came standard.
FIFY. People have to stop with the presumption that it is standard. Ford already corrected the standard features and compensated with a reduction in price. Now, the mod top is optional on all trims.

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The problem is there could be too many orders getting pushed to late availability thus turning my otherwise 21 standard order into a 22 - just to satisfy someone who wanted an optional item for their 21, I could take the MIC top and keep my place in line but there are too many unknowns as to where my place in line ends up with OPTIONAL being allowed for the black mod on other trims.
YOU are just another person that wants an optional item for their 21. there is nothing special about having a WT reservation, the trim level on your reservation means absolutely nothing. It can be changed at order time.

The only thing you can do is take the MIC or Soft tops if you want to be sure of getting a 21. But I still think there is a pretty good chance of getting a 21 with a mod top. I'm sure many people that would have opted for the mod top have changed to MIC or Soft for this exact reason.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Still doesn't make any sense to me, if the mod top wasn't late availability, those orders would have been filled before yours, just like they will be with the top being late availability. the top option being standard on a trim level has nothing to do with priority of the build.

trim level is an OPTION, the black mod top is also an OPTION.
Trim level is not an option - trim level dictates the minimum standard equipment on the vehicle - I don't want sway disco, or washout interior or steel bumper...I want high speed desert runner and whatever that comes with STANDARD as originally expressed. That's the difference.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

FIFY. People have to stop with the presumption that it is standard. Ford already corrected the standard features and compensated with a reduction in price. Now, the mod top is optional on all trims.
And the way they corrected it was by making it LATE Availability for the vehicles it was SUPPOSED to be STANDARD on. I'm done with this argument.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trim level is not an option - trim level dictates the minimum standard equipment on the vehicle - I don't want sway disco, or washout interior or steel bumper...I want high speed desert runner and whatever that comes with STANDARD as originally expressed. That's the difference.
You see that is a matter of perception. Ford no longer considers the mod top as standard. They corrected the price to reflect the difference. It is now optional for all trims.

If you are upset that Ford promised something before it can be ordered, then get in line.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You see that is a matter of perception. Ford no longer considers the mod top as standard. They corrected the price to reflect the difference. It is now optional for all trims.

If you are upset that Ford promised something before it can be ordered, then get in line.
I'm not upset about shit here - I'm just stating my opinion of the decision to make the mod top Late Availability and for whom.

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm on the fence, MIC or Shadow Black (SB) will go with Lightning Blue. I reserved late 7/13, but was stamped 7/14. I prefer the modular SB top. I will make a last minute decision based on ordering date/time.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This thread is NOT to bash on the mic top. Idc how you feel about it. This thread is to give me some sense of calm about how late I'm getting my Bronco ?

Who is getting a wildtrak or FE and opting to wait for the black top?
Follow up question --- whats your reservation time stamp?

You guys are my competition, so to speak outside of dealer allocations.

I have a 9:10am 7/15 reservation
10:38 pm on 7/13. And that was with 2 and half hours of constantly getting booted of the damn site. ?. I have a FE reservation, but will go Wildtrak if Navy Pier is FE's only interior. Patience grass hopper, I'll definitely be waiting for Black MOD hardtop.

Last edited:

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

7/16 Wildtrack Reservation and also late October Granger. Waiting for dual tops, if late late will cancel original and go with better discount.

Sponsored

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Models (not trims btw ) will almost definitely be grouped together for production efficiencies. Likely higher priced models over lower priced models. FE's will probably go first. I would suspect a run of FE's even delayed due to top, would still be grouped together, and grouped together ahead of any other models waiting for hard top. But I am sure there are a lot more logistics involved.
Just speculating though.

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm getting my Bronco as soon as I can and will just buy the Shadow Black top as a part when it is available.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First night BD 2-door rez. Missing 3 data points to decide:
  • What's the PRODUCTION MIC top look like?
  • If you decide to hold out for Black MOD, what's a realistic build date?
  • Since MIC is priced in, what's the upcharge for MOD?

Ford Bronco "Wait for black mod hard top" Crew ? 1606269211185

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

July 13th, 8:00pm

I’m waiting but it should be standard on the FE.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Waiting for black top on my FE, reservation confirmation came 6 minutes into reveal. Sonic imagine those with MIC will jump ahead. That's fine. We all want different colors of the body and the top, soft or hard, etc;. I'm sure I'll be a lower number of FEs with Black tops, but really want it. I'll be celebrating each of your deliveries rather way and happy for each and every one!

The MSRP reduction if you order beforebth Black Modular come in is 1,895, so I would think, when the Black Modulars are ready for builds, it would increase by the same amount, 1,895 back up to the original FE and Wildrack Black modular standard price. Only thing is we have to Wait. Trying to confirm an approximate date the BMHT will be in stock for build line and also, the email says I can wait and still get my FE even if 99% are going with the MIC.

Ford Bronco "Wait for black mod hard top" Crew ? Screenshot_20201129-195132
Sponsored

Last edited: