Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will also negate any drivetrain warranty.
That isn't how tunes work nor how the warranty works. I've had work done for years on tuned motors by dealers. There is no issue.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just push the accelerator pedal down further and you'll get the same effect. It doesn't magically make it faster. Sport mode just adjusts the pedal position tables relative to your throttle input. It ramps in pedal position more aggressively with lighter throttle input. It does downshift more aggressively, but do you really need that?

If it's that important to you, put an aftermarket tune on it or a Pedal Commander if you don't want to tune it.
I don’t use sport mode often, but it does hold gears longer, shifts feel a bit “faster” and it also matches rpm as you brake in turns, making the exit gear more closely matched to the power peak. I don’t like it for every day driving, but it’s more than throttle position.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That isn't how tunes work nor how the warranty works. I've had work done for years on tuned motors by dealers. There is no issue.

I have had tunes for years as well. VMP, AMS, weapons grade performance and others. Svt cobra, Shelby gt500 and my current Nissan GTR. When you adjust the map it will leave a trace. Corporate will make the final call and not the dealer. I am fully aware of the moss/magnums in act. Yes technically it cannot void your warranty but the manufacturer may fight it to where you will spend more money litigating than the cost of an engine replacement. True some dealers are mod friendly but in the end corporate has the final call.

I know how this has worked in my case. Maybe you have had a different experience.
Sponsored