First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry this happened. At least you got a taste of what driving a Bronco was like. Many of us are still waiting. How does that saying go...it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all...I dont think its true, but hopefully you find another.
Sponsored

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Get something back from it, go see Dr. and chiropractor. You were injured even if it doesn’t seem like it right away. Make the other party’s insurance pay for that, especially if they were negligent

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Back on 10/30/2015 I took delivery of my '16 ND Miata. There were almost none in the US at the time as they were an all-new model for the 2016 model year.

Three weeks after I took delivery a deer decided to runin to the side of the thing. Things happen that are just out of your control. Insurance took care of it after waiting a while for a new fender.

A few months later in June of '16 a F-250 with a big, shiny chrome bumper decided that my front end needed to be rearranged and backed into me. Insurance took care of it again, but I had to wait a month for the hood alone.

It sucked, and I thought that the car was cursed. However It's been nothing but good vibes ever since. I can't believe that I've had that car for seven years already.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry to hear that. I just got hit by a lady who didn’t yield on a non protected green light. Insurance says 9500 for damage and airbags went off. We’ll see what dealership says. Drove the bronco home, other car was destroyed. No major injuries. Wondering how the depreciated value works.

12636D34-0931-48B2-B74A-F2E6EF8CEDD6.jpeg

F1A804E6-660B-4561-B97E-DB5FBA7AB406.jpeg

1674BE72-4EED-4E06-B4A7-C3568F1BF1E5.jpeg

Sucks. I have the same deal going with my New Shelby GT500 I was rear ended in. I just hired a lawyer for my depreciated value / Loss of Use Case.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unfortunately 2-door Wildtrak's seem to be magnet's for tragedy - Waited 740 days for mine and it was hit 10 days into ownership by a drunk driver. $27k in damage, but they did decide to fix it. Took around 8 weeks. Currently in the diminished value claims process. Best of luck to you, glad you're alright!

Yep me Shelby is in the shop as we speak. 41k in damage and they are fixing it.

I will be going after them Big Time for Diminished Value.

Sponsored

Novi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak (2-door), 2022 Audi RS5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep me Shelby is in the shop as we speak. 41k in damage and they are fixing it.

I will be going after them Big Time for Diminished Value.
As you should, I'm sorry about your Shelby that's awful 😞

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
VA is 75% (salvage + repairs). Easily totaled due to the very high salvage value on a 2 door Wildtrack.

Insist on actual replacement. As in "insurance company, go find me one and buy it, including shipping".

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was rear ended in a very minor accident in a new Passat a few years ago. Insist on depreciated value. They will try to give you around $500, but if you're patient and persistent, they will go up from there. After several lowball offers, they finally caved and gave us $2,500. It took almost 6 months! The hit your Carfax takes is real, and this is the only consolation you get!
Absolutely. If your Bronco does get repaired,. make sure you get compensated for the decreased resale value of the vehicle. A vehicle's resale value is definitely negatively impacted by a crash, so you deserve to be compensated for that. They will probably not "offer" it to you, you'll have to ask/demand it.

Herb

Bike007b

Black Diamond
First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the saddest forum I have ever read.
my condolences to you all!
I hope you are all ok and the broncos may come back to life!

so sad!!!!

Bike007b

Black Diamond
First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Absolutely. If your Bronco does get repaired,. make sure you get compensated for the decreased resale value of the vehicle. A vehicle's resale value is definitely negatively impacted by a crash, so you deserve to be compensated for that. They will probably not "offer" it to you, you'll have to ask/demand it.

Herb
It’s called diminished value. Also do a loss of use claim if you don’t get a rental.

Sponsored

jmschweiger

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3, Jeep Liberty Renegade, 2003 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am sick to my stomach. Finally got my baby after 654 days from placing the initial order. Had her for 3 weeks only to have someone think that a flashing yellow turn signal means "F*ck it, go!" instead of "Yield to oncoming traffic". Not sure if it's totaled or not yet. Luckily, no one was hurt. Vehicles can be replaced. People can't. Trying to remained focused on that at the moment.

Glad no one was hurt, that is the most important thing. I was in an accident where the air bags did not deploy and my Bronco was totaled. The damage was nowhere as bad as yours. in fact, someone one this forum purchased it and it wroking on getting it running again. The link is here.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...e-restoration-modified-rebuild-planned.59015/

The good news for me was that my insurance give me market value and I was able to make more then $20K, so I was happy to get it total as I had a second reservation at Granger, so I am back in the queue again :)

I think the reason it was totaled was because I had the lux package to getting all the electroic stuff workng again could be a real pain, but that is my guess.

Jeff

Oarngesi

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been looking at the salvage sales on these it seems there totaling these pretty easy. Damage may not be bad but parts may be hard to come by

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My heart breaks for you. Glad you're ok. 392 time!
Sponsored