First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The more I think about it -- I'll wait get a black top. I'm assuming that would push my deliver date back?! . Disappointing but ... Oh well. The grey MIC looks like shit. For me it looks so bad on some colors it disqualifies them and at best looks just tolerable on couple other colors. It feels like you have to settle on MIC if you want any chance of gettin a Bronco this summer. Between the delays and the poor rollout if build and price Ford has fumbled the ball.
I agree!
Sponsored

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im hopeful that MIC is a different material than whatā€™s shown here and that it wonā€™t fade like that. Hopefully at least in most places. If I weā€™re getting FE or any model with painted side mirrors, Iā€™d go with painted top. But, thatā€™s just like my option... man.
It is. That Honda is just cheap plastic, no wonder it faded like that. MIC top is fibreglass

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zackdanger must be busy.
tops.jpeg
Thanks! I knew the answer was here somewhere, but have been searching on/off for a few days with no real luck.

Besides thinking the 2-door MIC also had the hatch, I thought neither MIC nor Mod was getting removable rear windows. That removeable rear windows were a 4 door only thing.

I was already considering waiting for a white top option. Just got more incentive to drag my feet a while.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those willing to wait- are you from the older generation? As a whole delayed gratification seems more prevalent with age.
It's not about age, it's about getting what you want since we are paying premium prices for our broncos. But yes if 58 is old , well then call me a OLD FART , and still willing to wait.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know if Ford has confirmed mod top for FE without being delayed? This should be a no brainer for the 7k reservation holders to expect this top and not a replacement.
MIC is standard on the FE now. Mod top is late availability.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not about age, it's about getting what you want since we are paying premium prices for our broncos. But yes if 58 is old , well then call me a OLD FART , and still willing to wait.
I am in the same boat. I am willing to wait for what I want. It just means that I will have more money to put down when it is time to purchase.

Scooter

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
bytheway said:
What's the weight difference going to be between MIC and Modular? Curious if it will be enough to matter. There's already payload concerns, I'd hate to make it worse.
I saw somewhere on here the weight difference. The modular top is definitely more robust then the MIC top. On a two door video's there's one of them removing the MIC top. You can see the back cap is flimsy. The weight of the modular top is something to consider on the portly Bronco. I am just wondering how much road noise there will with the MIC top and will it leak.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I couldnā€™t agree more. Ill wait too ,then be stuck with that shitty looking MIC top. Where is the promised colour top first announced for the OB ? Canā€™t believe i have to pay extra for a solid roof on top of a $60.k vehicle. Rag top is standard. Who does that. Ford does that.
Jeep does that... actually most convertibles are soft top by default and many don't offer a hard top at all.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LMAO. Ford should've just started things off with MIC only. Bet we wouldn't see 1/10th the complaints and none of these "I'm out if I can't have the painted roof" posts.
Yup. I wouldn't have reserved one at all more than likely. I hate the textured black tops on Jeeps. Buying a Jeep without a smooth painted top has never been a consideration for me. That didn't change when the Bronco entered the fray and I likely would have waited for a painted top before buying. I actually don't care for any tops that aren't body color. I'm making an exception for the black modular top since it'll be easily repainted down the road. Ideally, I'd love to see the body-colored option sooner than later from the factory.

Scooter

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I looked at the other threads on the top's. Supposedly the Modular top is 50% heavier then the MIC.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For those willing to wait- are you from the older generation? As a whole delayed gratification seems more prevalent with age.
I just think the Black Mod Hardtop looks alot better and I'm willing to wait for that better looking Bronco. IMHO
Why not wait for the best instead of settling like the rest. Lol
Sponsored

Last edited: