First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why would that be? I'm never going to remove it.
I've been off-roading in the woods and scratched up the roof bad enough that it needed to be repainted a few times. Not all trails are groomed.
Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It is. That Honda is just cheap plastic, no wonder it faded like that. MIC top is fibreglass
No itā€™s the intense Hawaiian sun. Iā€™ve seen Chevy avalanches, fords, dodges, and even the painted roofs on older vehicles getting bleached up by the sun.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm getting a base 2dr AMB...soon after I get ...(if it's built)..I'll be dropping it off at the body shop to have the silver wheels and the roof painted black to match...I'm not going nuts over this vehicle...
Painted black or AMB ? Can you paint the grey tops AMB ?? I want 4-door AMB but didnā€™t know you could paint tops ?

Sponsored

JakeLucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Turbo T-Bird, Q50, ā€˜74 Corvette, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see what youā€™re sayings. will the painted top be a scratch fest? Yes. For those that [frequently] remove them.

MIC looks great? Maybe. Weā€™ll have to see the final product in person.
Im hopeful that MIC is a different material than whatā€™s shown here and that it wonā€™t fade like that. Hopefully at least in most places. If I weā€™re getting FE or any model with painted side mirrors, Iā€™d go with painted top. But, thatā€™s just like my option... man.
If youā€™re really determined and dedicated, you can keep that material from looking like that.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok do other companies deal with Webasto? And do they struggle as well ??
I have no idea what other companies use Webasto products, but they likely had the kinks worked out long ago. Like any new product, the first effort may fall short and that's what we're seeing.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Painted black or AMB ? Can you paint the grey tops AMB ?? I want 4-door AMB but didnā€™t know you could paint tops ?
Some claim this type of material has a chemical in it that makes it difficult (expensive) to prep to make the paint adhere to it.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought about that first...maybe too much AMB...If your Body shop guy can get the AMB paint..I'm almost sure the tops can be painted..might depend on the texture when they build them..,(I have kicked around AMB body with a silver top..to match the wheels ..also)..

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok do other companies deal with Webasto? And do they struggle as well ??
Webasto is very good at what they do, but they were building a new manufacturing facility in MI to produce the Bronco tops. That facility was not completed on schedule because of COVID shutting things down and effecting commodity availability.

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought about that first...maybe too much AMB...If your Body shop guy can get the AMB paint..I'm almost sure the tops can be painted..might depend on the texture when they build them..,(I have kicked around AMB body with a silver top..to match the wheels ..also)..
Would be great to find out how easily painted the tops are. That would be a great solution. Would love AMB matching top !

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

banditmask

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge 3500 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will the MIC top ever be available in black or is the grey the only option. I thought i seen somewhere there was late availability on a black MIC, Iā€™m not referring to the late availability hardtop.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm ordering a shadow black top knowing full well I may have to wait. What's another several weeks, or months after waiting almost 18 months?
Sponsored