Sponsored

Waiting out for the Warthog? Expected price?

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, question... I've got a reservation for a First Edition 2 Door. But now I'm all antsy about the Warthog. I clearly wanna blow my cash on the most tricked out option (DINK life), but if there's going to be a bigger/better engine in the Warthog, I can wait? But if it's like you said and it's all just accessories that I can get to make my First Edition into Warthog status, then I buy now?

Are you allowed to be that transparent with me and tell me to wait (bigger/better engine for the Warthog) or buy now (Warthog status achievable through aftermarket parts)? Trying to avoid buyer's remorse here because $60k is a lot for disappointment in a few years...
DINK life is the best life!
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any thoughts on the Warthog taking the place of the First Edition for 2022. With the FE's high demand and alot of folks wanting the top of the line fully loaded Bronco, I think it would make perfect sense to replace the FE with a new model (Warthog).

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Any thoughts on the Warthog taking the place of the First Edition for 2022. With the FE's high demand and alot of folks wanting the top of the line fully loaded Bronco, I think it would make perfect sense to replace the FE with a new model (Warthog).
I would think Ford would be way smarter to not make it a limited edition.
7,000 = $ profit
70,000 = $$$$$$$$$$ profit

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would think Ford would be way smarter to not make it a limited edition.
7,000 = $ profit
70,000 = $$$$$$$$$$ profit
I've always wondered how something like this works.

Like, okay... they obviously can't produce a ton of them because the market (people able to afford this top expensive model) cannot be that large. They also can't create-to-order. So how do they even estimate how many units to produce of a new trim model?

Probably a common sense question I don't get. Just feels like you'll either have too many and then need to lower the price and then it be "too common", or, you don't make enough. I feel like the latter is better?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've always wondered how something like this works.

Like, okay... they obviously can't produce a ton of them because the market (people able to afford this top expensive model) cannot be that large. They also can't create-to-order. So how do they even estimate how many units to produce of a new trim model?

Probably a common sense question I don't get. Just feels like you'll either have too many and then need to lower the price and then it be "too common", or, you don't make enough. I feel like the latter is better?
I'm thinking it would be a similar situation to the Raptor Pickup as far as sales. With a higher sticker and agressive looks it won't be for everyone. But I'm sure they'll get enough interest to make it profitable to build. I'd probably buy one, as long as it doesn't come with blue interior. Lol

Last edited:

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 4runner- 33s, Dirtking UCA&LCAs, 6112s, etc
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
as enticing as the warthog sounds, i wonder if we're better off buying a wildtrak/badlands and just installing some good kings/fox/dobinsons mrr/etc. later on if/when they become available

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As enticing as it sounds, I know it'll probably price me out so there's no reason to wait around for anything. If its a MUST have, I'll wait 5 years, save up and have fun with the 2021 for quite awhile

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It'll definitely be close to raptor base price.
Also, highly doubt they'll do a 2 door, if so probably only first year or 2 (see raptor 2 door)
Sponsored