First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder how many of us are standing by waiting for a local dealer to step up like Granger, Stephens, and Kearny Mesa Ford with a fair offer in writing. I imagine the straight shooter dealers will get flooded with buyers moving reservations at the end of October.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been wondering "Would somebody really TRUST the dealer that comes in at this point with a similar offer"? I'm not very sure that I would trust them. Coming in early, effectively setting the table, as well as being as up front and open as can be means something and does have a "value". That Johnny come lately - they have some work to do.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Calling my local dealer tomorrow and if they don’t offer something similar to Kearny Mesa and in writing I’ll be making the switch.

Same here??

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm really hesitant to do anything like that. You end up having to spend a bunch of money to travel, and I'm not sure Ford is being particularly honest about how the Broncos are going to be distributed. Ford does NOT have a direct to consumer model like Tesla. Them going in reservation order seems incredibly unlikely. They will distribute production according to some algorithm that takes into account reservation number, production batches, geographic dispersal, dealership relative sales volume, etc etc etc. I just have this feeling that the geographic dispersal and allocation relative to sales part of the equation are going to cause dealerships with extraordinarily high Bronco reservations vs usual sales to end up with pretty long wait times. I could be totally wrong, but I worked in logistics for a manufacturing company for a number of years and know allocating new, in-demand products is complicated...

Sponsored

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm really hesitant to do anything like that. You end up having to spend a bunch of money to travel, and I'm not sure Ford is being particularly honest about how the Broncos are going to be distributed. Ford does NOT have a direct to consumer model like Tesla. Them going in reservation order seems incredibly unlikely. They will distribute production according to some algorithm that takes into account reservation number, production batches, geographic dispersal, dealership relative sales volume, etc etc etc. I just have this feeling that the geographic dispersal and allocation relative to sales part of the equation are going to cause dealerships with extraordinarily high Bronco reservations vs usual sales to end up with pretty long wait times. I could be totally wrong, but I worked in logistics for a manufacturing company for a number of years and know allocating new, in-demand products is complicated...
This is my concern as well, although you have actual real world experiential to back up your thoughts. Me? I'm just guessing, but I think these dealers offering deals and getting a ton of people to pick them are gonna have a lot of people with unrealistic expectations pitching a fit come production time.

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If that’s the case I’m happy to wait some extra time to avoid a $5k ADM. Seems to me Ford would want to put the kabosh on dealers playing games if they have a specific distribution strategy and allocation limits. But the reality is the market is not kind for people in search of in demand product......

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is my concern as well, although you have actual real world experiential to back up your thoughts. Me? I'm just guessing, but I think these dealers offering deals and getting a ton of people to pick them are gonna have a lot of people with unrealistic expectations pitching a fit come production time.
Unless those dealers are attempting to "manage the expectations" with timely and consistent communications. Can 1 person do all of that comm for a particular dealer? No, probably not. But if that dealer has set up a group of folks to specifically attack a LARGE introduction then yes, the dealership could do just fine. I'm new to this "ordering a vehicle thing" and am putting a LOT of trust into my current dealer choice - still holding onto that switch card though if I don't feel enough "love".

Edit: I do have faith that the folks who have reserved with the "smart" dealers on this forum will "feel the love" of those dealers. Maybe not now but certainly through delivery and maybe afterward in some way. Yes, I also believe that those dealers have a few sets of eyes checking these communications for signs of trouble/confusion/consternation.

Last edited:

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unless those dealers are attempting to "manage the expectations" with timely and consistent communications. Can 1 person do all of that comm for a particular dealer? No, probably not. But if that dealer has set up a group of folks to specifically attack a LARGE introduction then yes, the dealership could do just fine. I'm new to this "ordering a vehicle thing" and am putting a LOT of trust into my current dealer choice - still holding onto that switch card though if I don't feel enough "love".

Edit: I do have faith that the folks who have reserved with the "smart" dealers on this forum will "feel the love" of those dealers. Maybe not now but certainly through delivery and maybe afterward in some way. Yes, I also believe that those dealers have a few sets of eyes checking these communications for signs of trouble/confusion/consternation.
To clarify, I'm not suggesting the dealerships will fail, but the logistics of Ford getting alllll the specific Broncos to one dealer, at a speed people expect, might be an issue.

So those folks with all their eggs in the massive basket may see a lot of people getting Broncos before they do.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder how many of us are standing by waiting for a local dealer to step up like Granger, Stephens, and Kearny Mesa Ford with a fair offer in writing. I imagine the straight shooter dealers will get flooded with buyers moving reservations at the end of October.
Need something in the Northeast. I hear rumblings about CT and NY but nothing seems set in stone

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To clarify, I'm not suggesting the dealerships will fail, but the logistics of Ford getting alllll the specific Broncos to one dealer, at a speed people expect, might be an issue.

So those folks with all their eggs in the massive basket may see a lot of people getting Broncos before they do.
Fair enough. I might have misunderstood your question/comment and for that I apologize. I still have hope and belief that the larger dealerships (in terms of Bronco volume anyway) will have a strategy already laid out rather than making one up as things move along. Those dealerships and their logicians should be able to figure it out without a lot of drama for the customers.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will be switching dealers in the next few weeks, not later than the first week of October as it will give me time to make sure the switch goes before Ford shuts down the mechanism. My current dealer/ sales folks I have zero faith in. They may be fine but I have no reason to trust they will be.

I hope a local dealer steps up with a better price than Xplan but have doubts this will happen. Bozard seems decent. I most likely not go out of state, not because of not trusting Stephens or Granger but because Ford may just bung up delivery and I really don't need the hassle, I hate flying, not a fan of snow and really do not want to road trip my Bronco back home inside the breaking period.

Let me vent. Dealers generally piss me off, I do not want to take food from the mouths of their babies but I also do not feel the need to be played as a fool. It is like getting a cold call from an investor to buy a property we have. "Want to sell your house? Yes I do, it is empty, I transferred out of town. I will take $250000 cash for it and sign it over tomorrow, comps out at $300000, we are just waiting to get the hardwood floors refinished and the market to come up a little, covid ya know. How much do you owe on your mortgage? click." My current dealer Gary Yoemans gives me the same feeling, really, all I want is Xplan, and we know it is not that good a deal, but I will be damned if they will put that in writing.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Time will tell. But pure speculation about unknown scheduling aside, there are several outstanding customer-based dealers out there that stepped up to the plate immediately without hesitation. What became evident right out of the gate was who the stand up dealerships were. The Grangers, Kearny-Mesas, etc., are to be commended for being enthusiastic about service, honesty and customer satisfaction. Big events like this with a lot of profit at stake always render transparent who the good guys are. Even if I have to wait a bit longer, which not a given by any means at this point, I have confidence in my dealer and know I am getting a great deal.

BattleBornBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope the reduced logistic costs of shipping to one dealer is incentive for Ford to push bulk orders early ? I'll be crying if my neighbor gets their Bronco first, but will happily travel over 1,000 miles to avoid ADM at Granger. If I have to wait months for this, it just means I'm buying more beer while I wait and more accessories after I take delivery.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still waiting to hear back from my local dealer on a few questions but not feeling to confident in them. And if I switch it will be to Granger since they are so close. At least I will know what I'm getting into without having to poke, prod, and beg for answers or commitment from some of these local yahoo's who think we don't have options.
Sponsored