Sponsored

Waiting until the middle of April for a drive belt!!!!

blanchardsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I’m one of the 2.7 L engines that went kaput in the beginning of February. Finally got my dealer to agree to pay for everything got my engine, got my turbos, got my pipes, everything‘s in except for one item! The drive belt. Told it it’s not scheduled to be shipped until the ending of April at this point!!! I’m speechless at this point. I have to wait 12 weeks for my engine to be repaired! I understand I did get to drive my bronco for a little while & people still don’t have theirs. But I just have to express my frustration! 🤦🏻‍♂️ Three months of car payments for nothing.
Sponsored

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ooof! Sorry to hear this. Hang in there.

760 bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you contact ford? You should be able to get them to cover the car payments for the 3 months the car was out of service….

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I’m one of the 2.7 L engines that went kaput in the beginning of February. Finally got my dealer to agree to pay for everything got my engine, got my turbos, got my pipes, everything‘s in except for one item! The drive belt. Told it it’s not scheduled to be shipped until the ending of April at this point!!! I’m speechless at this point. I have to wait 12 weeks for my engine to be repaired! I understand I did get to drive my bronco for a little while & people still don’t have theirs. But I just have to express my frustration! 🤦🏻‍♂️ Three months of car payments for nothing.
I am six weeks into waiting for a new digital dash with no end in sight. I have been in a loaner Ford Fusion for the last 46 days.

That said, I have reached out directly to Ford here and have created a case number and I have been working with them for the last day towards expediting the part. They have been quick with responses but no exact word on when the part will be here.

Last edited:

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't be the oil pump drive because there are tons in the depots. The 2 accessory drive belts are supposedly at the packager now in sufficient quantities. I guess they can't reuse your old ones to get you on the road now and replace when they arrive in a few weeks?

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's my concern once I get my bronco, it I get into a fender bender or something goes out on it, getting a part will be difficult for quite a while. I hope you get your belt soon.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't be the oil pump drive because there are tons in the depots. The 2 accessory drive belts are supposedly at the packager now in sufficient quantities. I guess they can't reuse your old ones to get you on the road now and replace when they arrive in a few weeks?
Only thing I could think of is a timing belt.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Belt on the oil pump drive, 2 accessory drive belts. The cams are driven by chains.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The belt is that specific? Belt makers don’t make a rep,a cement belt that meets the specs of the assembly line belt?

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

WaitX there was a question that they weren’t paying for a replacement motor?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are the 2.7L F150 belts the same? What about the belts off of the old motor?

OP
OP
blanchardsbronco

blanchardsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I asked for a part number. Nope.... price for this "belt"...... nope.
She then said it is more like a tube, she couldn't say. But ultimatley called it a drive belt........ Said there are requests in the US right now for 534..... So I am somewhere in there........ I wanted to start looking for one...... Gotta talk to someone else tomorrow. Fo Mo Co is suppose to do their weekly call in to me. But the girl on the other end never sounds like she knows her ass from hole........ oh never mind!!!!! :mad:

OP
OP
blanchardsbronco

blanchardsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
WaitX there was a question that they weren’t paying for a replacement motor?
Yes at first my dealer said it was my fault..... I got water in my motor. Because I got stuck in 14" of water once...... After a couple of days, and an email from me requiring compression tests, a ford engineer to look at it and a sample of the said "water"... they came back and told me Ford wouldn't cover it but they would...... 👌

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t know if this will help your situation, but my BL was in the shop for just under 3 wks and I was politely putting pressure on the Service Manager to get the thing fixed.. Needed a computer module. The dealer got a Ford Engineer out and he/she was able to somehow have the part pulled from the production line. Bronco was done two days later. Might be worth talking to your Service Manager and request it to be escalated.
Sponsored