Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dumpster fire about sums it up. I've seen people walking in and ordering and getting scheduled the same week. And their builds are identical to people who are Day 1. Biggest thing right now is allocations. Then constraints. I don't think reservations and time stamps even come into play anymore.
I know it's been known that priority code makes no difference other than PC'99 when it comes to scheduling. But we have seen the allocation rules change through the rollout. I'm thinking PC has quietly been given weight in scheduling.

Some orders are pulled right away with the latest was an order pulled after a 3 day wait in the 3/28 Build Week thread. We were told that reservation timestamp would still carry weight when scheduling. But for walk-ins there is no timestamp other than the date the order was placed. If buildable walk-in orders are being previewed, the earlier order should be scheduled first. But if the later order is given a PC'10 and the earlier is given a PC'19, I have a suspicion that the PC'10 is getting pulled first.

My walk-in order that was pulled was PC'10 while the other 2 walk-in orders were PC'19.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Creeker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did this, although my reservation was 8-4-21 so not an early one. Ordered Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch Lux Soft top tow on 8-9 (reordered 10-18).
Was told I was in a long line so I ordered another at a different dealer-
Order date 11-1-21. Badlands 2.7 Lux soft top (no tow or Sasquatch).
I dropped tow from my first order around the same time.
Received 2/7 build dates for both in December. Both pushed to 2/14.
My build exactly - Badlands, SAS, 2.7, soft top, tow, but high package. Reservation time stamp 1-20-21 but still no build date. Ugh, so frustrating. Congrats to you on winning the lottery.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just my observations in watching this system operating:
  • Think of soft top and hard top Broncos as two completely separate lines. Don't draw any conclusions about one based on the other. The outlook is wildly different. Like potentially years different.
  • Because of the allocation rules, each dealer is becoming somewhat of a separate line too, and this might get even more extreme as the order books at some dealers get cleared out. Fastest way to get a particular Bronco is to spam a bunch of dealerships with the same order (and don't tell them what you're doing, because it could screw these dealerships out of a name match when the thing ultimately gets built). This is the perverse incentive set up by the geniuses at Ford.
  • Assuming the order is the same, reservations will beat walk-ins at the same dealer. Earlier reservations will beat later reservations at the same dealer -- again, only guaranteed if the order is the same. That's all that the reservation really gets you.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it depend what you order the more you have on your Bronco longer it well take because Ford is using the parts they are getting to build the simple Broncos because they can build more Broncos that way.Ford is hoping people who placed reservations back in 2020 give up so they can get 2022 and 2023 MSRP and not 2021 MSRP for the Bronco.
Yup!
Or the dealerā€¦. ??
Iā€™m wondering if they can give the allocation Priorities to the new walk people to make more money???

My sales I already said
that they hope Res-people cancel so they can make moer money off of them. but theyā€™re still gonna honor MSRP if you stick it out.

The only reason I donā€™t quitā€¦is because I donā€™t really need a car I just want itā€¦ butā€¦.that dream is starting to fadeā€¦.
The light the end of the tunnel isā€¦the people that waited for over a year and a half, so far they have saidā€¦.once they get it they say itā€™s Totally worth it!

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m going on!!!

Sponsored

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reservation timestamp is only relevant with respect to other orders at the same dealer. Ultimately, allocation is king.

With the change in allocation rules for MY'22, I was placed in allocation purgatory. I tried to move my reservation order, but quickly realized that was another false claim by Ford. A week after MY'22 order banks opened, I placed 3 identical orders at different dealerships in addition to rolling over my reservation order.

Reservation Order: 2-dr OBX 2.3L High Tow
Identical Walk-In Orders: 2-dr BD 2.3L Tow

Not much difference between the two. I still maintained the 2-dr with the default constrained MIC top and the tow package that has been constrained from the beginning.

Received a VIN and build date for one of my walk-in orders last week. Canceled the others and will keep my reservation order rolling over so that I'll trade-in the holdover Bronco until my time in allocation purgatory is over.
Fully agree with first line. We are in post reservation world. You need dealer allocation and factory commodoties to line up to get built (before res number even comes into play). If and only if there is another build the same as yours (down to the accessories) at your dealer will it end up being sorted by res number.
I put in retail order 1/5 and sales manager showed me the 200+ orders sitting in his queue. All kinds of broncos. 2 Ā½ weeks later I get the scheduled for production email. Of course I also had ordered a fully non constrained 4 door 2.3 soft top Black Diamond without tow or any accessories (except the door bags). I can only guess skipping every accessory and computer chip I could gave me the edge against the other 200. (I did order Mid package)

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a reservation that I converted to an order last october as well as a 'walk in' order i just placed last week. Same build, different dealers, we'll see what happens.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My wife ordered hers (base Sasquatch with hard top) without using her reservation. Gonna use reservation for raptor. I bet we get raptor first.

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do have a reservation, but after the last production pull I was wondering the difference between walk in vs reservation. Is walk-ins put behind reservations and if the dealer canā€™t match the available options to their reservations it goes to walk in orders? Or are walk-ins on a separate list? Or is this whole thing a dumpster fire and no one really knows the greater Ford master plan?
It's a dumpster fire. Short story is for the 22 update my dealer actually submitted a new order instead of updating my reservation order. Consider the 22 order a walk in then. The new 22 order was picked up for scheduling 5 days later. The reservation order was never picked up and was canceled by me last week after my walk in order wad built.

21 - 4dr BB MIC Tow
22 - 4dr BD MIC Tow Roof rails

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I, like many others, also placed a second order with a different, larger dealership with the hopes of them having a higher allocation and work the system that Ford so stupidly changed. The GM there ran through my entire build and recommended changes based on current build restraints (according to him, my only restraint was the heavy duty bumper). He said with that method they've had walk-ins get built faster. He said the quickest they've had so far was 90 days from order placed to delivery (probably a build with absolutely no restraints)

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've put a plan in motion, I'm testing to see if this is the case. I ordered a 4dr BD 2.7 MIC Mid Sas vs my reservation 2dr BL 2.7 Mid.

See what gets pulled first lol. I'm betting the 4dr even though it has MIC and just ordered
What I dislike about plans like this is it puts extra orders in the system and gives dealers access to abandoned orders to markupand sell.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 2 very basic builds in (basesquatch 4 door). Given one is at Chapman so I won't see that until 2028, but the other is at a high volume dealership and was a walk-in a few months ago. I think August... I'm about to go to 3 or 4 more dealerships and just order the same damn build, drop a hundred at each, and whoever gets it first wins.

I'm going to do that and then 2024 I'll get all 4 the same week.
Its $1000 deposit now good luck

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've put a plan in motion, I'm testing to see if this is the case. I ordered a 4dr BD 2.7 MIC Mid Sas vs my reservation 2dr BL 2.7 Mid.

See what gets pulled first lol. I'm betting the 4dr even though it has MIC and just ordered
I was thinking of putting the very same plan into motion... take whichever comes in first. Hmm. We have ways. :)

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Every raptor made is a hardtop reservation/order not filled that some people have been waiting a very long time for.

scottfwalter

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a reservation that I converted to an order last october as well as a 'walk in' order i just placed last week. Same build, different dealers, we'll see what happens.
I did the same thing. The race is on!
Sponsored