Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yup. We want to further complicate the supply chain and manufacturing process by taking the lowest volume Bronco model, and splitting it into 2 different, even lower volume models.
If you think about it how is this any different than a pickup? Regular cab, super cab, crew cab. I'd take a longer 2 door with more cargo room any day. I realize we more than likely won't get it but sign me up if we do.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the look, I like the idea of it, I'm gonna vote for it....I think it s a good idea for the childless younger crowd.
I hear a bunch of griping about having just a shade more interior room for the two door....I get it.... 2 doors are cool,..... Gramma drives a sedan.

I'm just old , I guess. Tired of crawling under the tonneau cover to get whatever is stashed at the front of the bed when I know that in a SUV, via the doors and tail gate,
...even my short 5-9 ass can access all of it 100%.....God forbid the truck gets lifted on top of all of that.

A badass offroad SUV and an utility trailer with a loading ramp.....make the world your bitch.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But how do you access that extra space? Climb into the back?
Nick, how do you access the space in your 4 door? Like everyone else from the back of the vehicle. It's a matter of hey I am taking to family on vacation and would like the added cargo space for our stuff. But prefer a 2 door. That's all.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nick, how do you access the space in your 4 door? Like everyone else from the back of the vehicle. It's a matter of hey I am taking to family on vacation and would like the added cargo space for our stuff. But prefer a 2 door. That's all.
But a decent amount of that extra space will be in the back seat legroom right? Doesn’t make sense to leave it cramped. So how do I get stuff in the back seats is how I should have phrased it. This is a problem just with the 2-door in general, but it’s made worse by having the seats further back.

like I’ve said before. I get the idea. But Ford has gone with a pretty much nuts-on dimensionally replica of the original 2-door Bronco, and then the 4-door for those who need the extra space. I honestly think that the long wheelbase two door vehicles just end up looking terrible. See: Explorer and Cherokee 2-door.

Sponsored

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But a decent amount of that extra space will be in the back seat legroom right? Doesn’t make sense to leave it cramped. So how do I get stuff in the back seats is how I should have phrased it. This is a problem just with the 2-door in general, but it’s made worse by having the seats further back.

like I’ve said before. I get the idea. But Ford has gone with a pretty much nuts-on dimensionally replica of the original 2-door Bronco, and then the 4-door for those who need the extra space. I honestly think that the long wheelbase two door vehicles just end up looking terrible. See: Explorer and Cherokee 2-door.
Well let’s assume that the back seats will be occupied by passengers, whether the two door is super short or not. Wouldn’t it be nice to have room for a cooler and a toolbox, and the superior driving characteristics of a longer wheelbase both on and off-road?

I agree with some of your points... I’ll be getting a four door regardless, because of the utility and the ability to run bigger tires and remain stable on steeper climbs.

Personally I think that these super short 2 doors look goofy. See Suzuki Samurai and 2021 Bronco 2-door.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just friggen no.

Just no.

No No No No No.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Roll down the back window! Lol but yeah most of the time the seats would be folded and my dogs or laundry would be in the back. And i load everything from the back. Honestly i will be getting a 4 door and most of the time the seats will be under a tarp somewhere.

Thats the life of no kids. When my niece goes to the beach with us maybe we will put 1 seat in(assumjng they are split).

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

First off the 2 door explorers and cherokees are the bomb. Ive had or had access to both. Loved em even though they were beaten to a pulp when i used em. And 2nd no no no the rear occupants failed to call shotgun and they are to ride cramped in the backseat. If they are lucky i will not lean my seat back into their knees. So that extra foot is in the cargo area where my fridge freezer will be. And although my rear seat occupants will be uncomfortable they will have first dibs on ice cold drinks from the back.

Thats just the way the world works when you want to have fun and look cool doing it.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WTF is so bizarre about wishing that the two door was a little longer and more useable? Obviously there wouldn’t be a business case for two different two door lengths or a two door on a four door wheelbase. Hell in a few years we might find out that there isn’t a business case for any two door.
You're missing my point completely - I wasn't arguing against a longer 2 door - my comment was directed at others who wanted some other extra wheelbase that's slightly longer than the 2 door, but shorter than the 4 door, 0.005" longer than XYZ.

The only way it'd happen is if you got the 4 door wheelbase with 2 doors (basically like someone else said taking the 4 door wand welding the rear doors on), and I could I guess understand someone wanting it for more room (though I find those odd looking and impractical without the rear door), but there's 0 chance you'd get some other wheelbase size is all my point was.

I want the storage capacity of the four door but only having two doors is cooler dammit! The heart wants what the heart wants unfortunately. While I agree it's unfeasible to assume Ford would make something like this, several companies have already made similar kits for Wranglers so with enough money I'm sure someone in the aftermarket would accommodate someone who wants this bad enough.

jlu2.png
I get the extra space, but those just look odd to me.

One of these haha:

Ford Bronco Want 2 door in the full length option? 1593047520114

I'd go for a full-length two-door but with the doors being full length all the way back to the wheels. Mega-doors.
lol! Give it lambo scissor doors.

If you think about it how is this any different than a pickup? Regular cab, super cab, crew cab. I'd take a longer 2 door with more cargo room any day. I realize we more than likely won't get it but sign me up if we do.
The pickups with different cab sizes usually share wheelbases with one another, but have different bed sizes, making it more economical to produce them since you're limiting wheelbase variations.

First off the 2 door explorers and cherokees are the bomb. Ive had or had access to both. Loved em even though they were beaten to a pulp when i used em. And 2nd no no no the rear occupants failed to call shotgun and they are to ride cramped in the backseat. If they are lucky i will not lean my seat back into their knees. So that extra foot is in the cargo area where my fridge freezer will be. And although my rear seat occupants will be uncomfortable they will have first dibs on ice cold drinks from the back.

Thats just the way the world works when you want to have fun and look cool doing it.
Do kids even know what shotgun is? Since those are evil guns?

OP
OP
aplm7

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Never expected this post to get as big as it did, and some good humor. But this at least shows that half or more people (of the sample population) want this... Depending on when you look at the voting...

For all those who ask how you're gonna get to your stuff.... Look at pickup trucks with campers. People pay $3k+ to put the camper on the bed, making it just as hard to get to the stuff, but they still do it because of the benefits.

And with 2 door, we won't have extra things to break or scratch (inside or outside) if we haul stuff often, won't get mud stuck in the cupholders or interiors handles, or need to repair. Less angles to maintain and clean out

Also if you've gone camping and slept in the back area with the back seats down in an SUV, you'll know how annoying it is for stuff to fall in the crack between the door and floor

Last edited:

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if I understand the poll it is which do you want - Bronco of Jeep Cherokee?
Ford Bronco Want 2 door in the full length option? images

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Like others have said, if you make a 2dr the same size 4dr you just ruin function for the sake of style. Yeah it looks quite good I wont lie but at the same time if you have 3 passengers(who you care about like grandma, dad and girlfriend or whatever) do you really want them to squeeze though a tiny opening to get to the rear seats and flob out of it like a fish out of water, or just open the rear door. Again looks actually quite amazing but ruins function. For reference the only actually reason I am getting a 4dr is only for storage and straight up the fact that I tend to carry a lot people places
Sponsored