Sponsored

Want to buy a Bronco without worrying about ADM or Dealer Shenanigans? Do this first.

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Disclaimer - I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV. Anything and everything I say here is worth exactly what you paid for it - nothing. If you want the real deal info, talk to a lawyer in your state.

The only thing you need to do to ensure you will be happy with the price you pay for your Bronco is to execute a contract with your dealer to buy it at a price you want to pay - BEFORE it's too late to move your reservation/order.

A contract can take on many forms, but the best kind is in writing - and signed by parties who are willing and authorized (important part) to bind themselves.

So many members of this forum are telling tales of "their" Bronco showing up at a dealership and then receiving any number of nasty surprises. If there was a contract, and there was a surprise, then there would be legally enforceable consequences.

Think along the order of "For the sum of $XXX to be used as a deposit against the purchase price of the vehicle, the dealer and purchaser agree to the following: The dealer will sell the vehicle described in Reservation XXXXXX/Order XXXX to the purchaser for a price not to exceed MSRP, plus the actual cost of taxes and other legally required fees, and other dealer costs not to exceed $XXX. The dealer will notify the purchaser within X days of the vehicle being received by the dealer, and the purchaser will have XX days to complete the purchase. The purchaser will be free to purchase the vehicle using any lender or leasing company they choose. Should the purchaser not complete the purchase within XX days of being notified the vehicle is available at dealership, this contract will be void, the deposit will be retuned to the purchaser within X days, and the dealer will be free to sell the vehicle to whomever they choose. Should the dealer not sell and deliver the vehicle under the terms of this contract within X days after the purchaser attempts to deliver payment, the dealer will do <this> (Fill in your desired method of punishment.:D)"

Don't use what I wrote. If you want a valid contract that takes in all the legally required elements and points you want to consider, spend a couple hundred with a lawyer in your state, and get a legally binding document that will have legal consequences if it is not followed.

And if you choose to go this route, be careful of who signs it for the dealership. It needs to be someone who has the authority to do so, not just the salesman. Usually it is the Finance Manager or Sales Manager, or the like.

Here is a short video from a university that talks about contracts related to a different topic, but hits the major points.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Easier, less complicated way is to lease your Bronco. The only upcharges allowed are a nominal prep fee, a disposition fee (paid at end of lease) and doc fees.

OP
OP

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easier, less complicated way is to lease your Bronco. The only upcharges allowed are a nominal prep fee, a disposition fee (paid at end of lease) and doc fees.
It's all a contract. Leasing companies have their own. A dealer may refuse to lease under those terms.

What amazes me about all the reported way above MSRP deals is I suspect people are paying anything way above MSRP out of their own pockets. I can't imagine a bank lending on it. Banks are smart enough to know that a year from now when there are lots of Broncos on the street, the resale value of a used vehicle will be way below MSRP, and they will be screwed if they have to repossess a used Bronco and resell.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Disclaimer - I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV. Anything and everything I say here is worth exactly what you paid for it - nothing. If you want the real deal info, talk to a lawyer in your state.

The only thing you need to do to ensure you will be happy with the price you pay for your Bronco is to execute a contract with your dealer to buy it at a price you want to pay - BEFORE it's too late to move your reservation/order.

A contract can take on many forms, but the best kind is in writing - and signed by parties who are willing and authorized (important part) to bind themselves.

So many members of this forum are telling tales of "their" Bronco showing up at a dealership and then receiving any number of nasty surprises. If there was a contract, and there was a surprise, then there would be legally enforceable consequences.

Think along the order of "For the sum of $XXX to be used as a deposit against the purchase price of the vehicle, the dealer and purchaser agree to the following: The dealer will sell the vehicle described in Reservation XXXXXX/Order XXXX to the purchaser for a price not to exceed MSRP, plus the actual cost of taxes and other legally required fees, and other dealer costs not to exceed $XXX. The dealer will notify the purchaser within X days of the vehicle being received by the dealer, and the purchaser will have XX days to complete the purchase. The purchaser will be free to purchase the vehicle using any lender or leasing company they choose. Should the purchaser not complete the purchase within XX days of being notified the vehicle is available at dealership, this contract will be void, the deposit will be retuned to the purchaser within X days, and the dealer will be free to sell the vehicle to whomever they choose. Should the dealer not sell and deliver the vehicle under the terms of this contract within X days after the purchaser attempts to deliver payment, the dealer will do <this> (Fill in your desired method of punishment.:D)"

Don't use what I wrote. If you want a valid contract that takes in all the legally required elements and points you want to consider, spend a couple hundred with a lawyer in your state, and get a legally binding document that will have legal consequences if it is not followed.

And if you choose to go this route, be careful of who signs it for the dealership. It needs to be someone who has the authority to do so, not just the salesman. Usually it is the Finance Manager or Sales Manager, or the like.

Here is a short video from a university that talks about contracts related to a different topic, but hits the major points.

Contracts are broken all day in today's world. Unless you have tons of time and $ and are okay with not getting the product anyways, you best just try to work with a reputable dealership or you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No but really here is the smell test. Let’s say you get a contract. You r bronco arrives. The dealer says we changed our mind we are going to charge you 10,000$ adm. you’d have to actually pay that and then sue the dealer for breach of contract to get your 10k back. Then the judge will bang his gavel and say why are you so so stupid that you would pay thus much extra for a damn car and then sue for it. JUST. Don’t buy it? Go to a different dealer. Wait for the market to cool down etc etc.

So I appreciate what your advice is here however a contract in this instance has very little protection for the consumer.
Sponsored