Sponsored

Want to end up with 33s - Black Diamond or Badlands?

rinconryder

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have 33s on my F150 with a leveling kit and to me it seems just right. So here are my options as I see it given that Vinyl Seating is a must have for me:

1. Badlands at $50,730.00

2. BD Squatch at $47,520 and then put on 33's after the tires wear out.

3. BD at $43,090 with the expectation that I would have to put arms, coil overs and 33's on - I actually think the stock rims are kind of cool.

Kind of torn. Any input would be greatly appreciated, even as to the advantage of just choosing badlands over the BD in either form.
Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you can swing it I would just go with the BL and be done with it becuase it has exactly what you know you want. The entire system is built around those 33’s so you don’t have to do anything down the road. Also you will have some warranty option there as well.

But I don’t know your other factors, like what interior you favor for example.

Last edited:

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am is same the situation. I would order the BD sas if I know I could get the signature lights? Nobody seems to know though.

Ochoco Driver

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, 2008 BMW 135i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 33" K02's, progressive Bilstein shocks and a leveling kit on my Ram 1500. That's how the Badlands comes equipped form the factory. Both work well off-road, so I would recommend the Badlands.

bronc_rwc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@centra28 raises good points but I'm in the same position (prefer 33s on the 2dr to 35s) and am thinking BDSquatch or BaseSquatch to start and just throw on 33s after the 35s wear our. My reasons:

- Cheaper (way cheaper in case of BaseSquatch)
- Don't like orange BL interior
- I may be the only one but I prefer the blacked out BRONCO lettering on the base grill
- Worried about replacing an expensive electronic swaybar disconnect out of warranty (Jeep electronic disconnects are notorious for failing) and prefer a simple and reliable manual quick release
- Don't need/want High or Lux

Given my situation, paying a big premium for the BL doesn't make sense but of course depends on your particular needs/wants.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 33s on my F150 with a leveling kit and to me it seems just right. So here are my options as I see it given that Vinyl Seating is a must have for me:

1. Badlands at $50,730.00

2. BD Squatch at $47,520 and then put on 33's after the tires wear out.

3. BD at $43,090 with the expectation that I would have to put arms, coil overs and 33's on - I actually think the stock rims are kind of cool.

Kind of torn. Any input would be greatly appreciated, even as to the advantage of just choosing badlands over the BD in either form.
#2 BD Squatch will not give you the extra suspension travel that comes with Badlands. I'm considering BD also, but leaning towards BL and the extra travel is one of the reasons. Badlands also comes with the Dana 210 front axel. I have seen nothing that says Sasquatch comes with the upgraded axel which I think one should have with 35s. BL comes with Advanced 4x4 which has better Low gearing than the shift on fly 4x4 standard on BD. This offsets final drive advantage of Sasquatch if you're going automatic. Lastly, I prefer the upgraded Badlands rim carbonized grey trim rings to the shinier Sqautch trim rigns.

I'd go 1 or 2, but would personally never consider #3. Too much of a pain in the ass. Why go modify this vehicle when you can simply buy the way you want?

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Contemplated same after moving on from First Edition. I settled on Badlands because it has other features that I want not available on BD.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@centra28 raises good points but I'm in the same position (prefer 33s on the 2dr to 35s) and am thinking BDSquatch or BaseSquatch to start and just throw on 33s after the 35s wear our. My reasons:

- Cheaper (way cheaper in case of BaseSquatch)
- Don't like orange BL interior
- I may be the only one but I prefer the blacked out BRONCO lettering on the base grill
- Worried about replacing an expensive electronic swaybar disconnect out of warranty (Jeep electronic disconnects are notorious for failing) and prefer a simple and reliable manual quick release
- Don't need/want High or Lux

Given my situation, paying a big premium for the BL doesn't make sense but of course depends on your particular needs/wants.
I wonder if the sway bar is still easy to disconnect manually when the electronics give out? I would be interested to see if hopefully it’s just a matter of unplugging and unscrewing the sway bar still

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Sasquatch big front axle/locker and the 4.7 ratio would be a much bigger deal than the suspension. If you get the 4.7 and downsize to 33" tires your highway RPMs are going to be a bit higher than normal, where the 4.46 BD ratio on 33s would be the same as 4.7/35s.

The front axle/locker add a huge increase in capability, if you'll use it.

Personally I'd do BD non-Squatch. If you want a lift, do what Ford did and use slightly stiffer springs so it sits higher at rest. I don't think coilovers/arms are required if you just want 33s.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am is same the situation. I would order the BD sas if I know I could get the signature lights? Nobody seems to know though.
You CAN'T get signature lights on Black Diamond. Won't happen. Fuggedaboudit !

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Badlands also comes with the Dana 210 axle
I have been searching all day trying to find this information. I’ve searched all over fords site and can’t verify that BL comes with M210 axle. Does anyone happen to know where it *currently* says it does come with 210 in front? I’ve seen the old flyer from several months ago but have nothing actually from Ford right now to prove it.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been searching all day trying to find this information. I’ve searched all over fords site and can’t verify that BL comes with M210 axle. Does anyone happen to know where it *currently* says it does come with 210 in front? I’ve seen the old flyer from several months ago but have nothing actually from Ford right now to prove it.
It’s on here

FFB93996-EB46-49B6-8698-D5179BDB6BF8.jpeg

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Want to end up with 33s - Black Diamond or Badlands? Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 10.16.33 AM

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you. Do you happen to remember where it was on the Ford site? I’ve been trying to find that exact document on Ford under bronco and under press site and can’t seem to find it anywhere
Sponsored