Sponsored

Want to end up with 33s - Black Diamond or Badlands?

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm thinking Black Diamond with 32's replace with 33's used on BL later too
Sponsored

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My BD build is 8K+ less than my BL build. I'm going BD all day. There's not that much money worth of "need" for me to upgrade.

But I'll put 33's on it the day I get. Leaning to BF goodrich AO2's.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you. Do you happen to remember where it was on the Ford site? I’ve been trying to find that exact document on Ford under bronco and under press site and can’t seem to find it anywhere
you betcha - when you're looking at the Bronco page, click the "compare models button :)
Ford Bronco Want to end up with 33s - Black Diamond or Badlands? Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 10.40.34 AM
"

Fiestafan

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
#2 BD Squatch will not give you the extra suspension travel that comes with Badlands. I'm considering BD also, but leaning towards BL and the extra travel is one of the reasons. Badlands also comes with the Dana 210 front axel. I have seen nothing that says Sasquatch comes with the upgraded axel which I think one should have with 35s. BL comes with Advanced 4x4 which has better Low gearing than the shift on fly 4x4 standard on BD. This offsets final drive advantage of Sasquatch if you're going automatic. Lastly, I prefer the upgraded Badlands rim carbonized grey trim rings to the shinier Sqautch trim rigns.

I'd go 1 or 2, but would personally never consider #3. Too much of a pain in the ass. Why go modify this vehicle when you can simply buy the way you want?
I’m not sure about a lot of that. I believe the difference in travel is only 10 ml (less than 1/2 inch) so don’t see it as a big deal (and I guess you could remove the bump stops after you got the 33s if you really cared). And I’m pretty sure the Sasquatch package comes with both the upgraded front axle and the advanced 4x4.

4dr badlands with the 2.7 and the 33s would be my ideal choice too. The problem is the 50k price tag. That’s why I may end up going basesquatch. I’ll see how it hoes with the 35s. I may be glad I did anyway but if not I’ll change to 33s when they wear out. Think I’ll save about 4-6k doing it that way.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands with 33s, pretty much has the same suspension as Sasquatch.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Badlands with 33s, pretty much has the same suspension as Sasquatch.
Can you provide evidence of this? Both Badlands and Sasquatch have suspension lifts, but it seem they are different. I have seen no documentation on any specs for BL or Squatch that gives specifics. If you have this info, please share.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not sure about a lot of that. I believe the difference in travel is only 10 ml (less than 1/2 inch) so don’t see it as a big deal (and I guess you could remove the bump stops after you got the 33s if you really cared). And I’m pretty sure the Sasquatch package comes with both the upgraded front axle and the advanced 4x4.

4dr badlands with the 2.7 and the 33s would be my ideal choice too. The problem is the 50k price tag. That’s why I may end up going basesquatch. I’ll see how it hoes with the 35s. I may be glad I did anyway but if not I’ll change to 33s when they wear out. Think I’ll save about 4-6k doing it that way.
Suspension travel front/rear
200/215 (Base) 2Dr
200/215 (Base)(millimeters) 4Dr
240/261 (Badlands) 2Dr
240/261 (Badlands) 4Dr

I have seen no documentation that says Sasquatch is any different from the Base. As far as I understand, Badlands is the only option for extra travel, Sasquatch not. This is one big plus for the Warthog!

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you provide evidence of this? Both Badlands and Sasquatch have suspension lifts, but it seem they are different. I have seen no documentation on any specs for BL or Squatch that gives specifics. If you have this info, please share.
Ford Bronco Want to end up with 33s - Black Diamond or Badlands? 1603997707896

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This says nothing about actual Badlands suspension specs and nothing about Sasquatch specs. I've heard Badlands lift is .6", I've heard Sasquatch possibly up to 2". All speculation. I am looking for specific numbers and what you showed here tells me nothing.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This says nothing about actual Badlands suspension specs and nothing about Sasquatch specs. I've heard Badlands lift is .6", I've heard Sasquatch possibly up to 2". All speculation. I am looking for specific numbers and what you showed here tells me nothing.
Not sure if anyone knows the specific numbers but we've heard from numerous sources that Squatching a Bronco adds some lift. This is evidenced by looking at the Overland concept Bronco. It has 35s without Sasquatch and there is clearly less space in between the tire and wheel well. Yes, the tires are a bit bigger than the ones that come with Sasquatch package. However, look at some photos of a Squatched Bronco and you can see there's clearly more room between tire and wheel well.

Sponsored

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have 33s on my F150 with a leveling kit and to me it seems just right. So here are my options as I see it given that Vinyl Seating is a must have for me:

1. Badlands at $50,730.00

2. BD Squatch at $47,520 and then put on 33's after the tires wear out.

3. BD at $43,090 with the expectation that I would have to put arms, coil overs and 33's on - I actually think the stock rims are kind of cool.

Kind of torn. Any input would be greatly appreciated, even as to the advantage of just choosing badlands over the BD in either form.
Badlands with 33’s from factory. You’ll be happier to just pick up the truck and be done, get the best suspension system offered on bronco and the upgraded led lights as well.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Suspension travel front/rear
200/215 (Base) 2Dr
200/215 (Base)(millimeters) 4Dr
240/261 (Badlands) 2Dr
240/261 (Badlands) 4Dr

I have seen no documentation that says Sasquatch is any different from the Base. As far as I understand, Badlands is the only option for extra travel, Sasquatch not. This is one big plus for the Warthog!
Where did you get those numbers?

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

SOB, started this whole deal looking at Base in July. Jumped around with BB and BD. Now all of a sudden Badlands is looking pretty good, especially with Granger. Ford saw me comin'.

Edit: Wow, effin crazy, now I'm about 99% in on Badlands. Has a ton of features I'll probably use less than 10%.

Last edited:

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think it has been said that the Badlands does not have a lift. But still allows 33s. So it is more than likely stiffer springs that keep the height a little higher. Similar to the Rubicon Wrangler. People swap out their springs for the HD Rubicon springs and it raises the height to just under an inch. If it is the springs that allow the extra clearance it might be worthwhile to find some take-offs. Plenty of people will be upgrading their suspension or adding lifts.
Sponsored

Last edited: