Sponsored

Want to know if the Bronco Sport can be used for overlanding?

justinbmcbride

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think we already all know the answer, but I made a review video about it anyway.

Sponsored

Ambassador

Badlands
First Name
Standing_Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking forward to watch the video Justin

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What if we already know the answer? ?

Thanks for posting! Enjoyed your last video.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think you first have to define "overlanding" for yourself. The term is used pretty broadly, cuz it sounds cool. It ranges from what I see to just old school camping, to multi month excursions.

I think most fall much closer to the former than the latter. I think if you like staying in ground tents, or cot tents, then it will work just fine for less than week trips.

If you want longer, I think you could argue, that neither Bronco fits the bill particularly well.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we already all know the answer, but I made a review video about it anyway.

Hey Justin! I do subscribe to your channel on YouTube and enjoy your videos man. This was a nice review.

Don't see any issue with the Sport and have said it before on the forum that the capabilities are good and fine for what most would need on light and some mid level trails.

Even my 2dr, Badlands, Sasquatch won't hit anything higher than mid level until after it's 5th birthday and final payment since it is going to cost me a small fortune. :)

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are quite a few people who would disagree with you on that. Many sites, including Overland Expo seem to think that the Bronco Sport Badlands, in it's lifted application with some 31s (like the setup from 4WP) would be more than sufficient for the vast majority of overlanding trips. The vehicle is standard with 8.3" of ground clearance on the 28.5" tires which, I believe is on par with the Base Bronco without the Sasquatch Package. Add 1 inch of lift and you are at 9.3" of ground clearance without bigger tires. Then add 2 more inches in added tire height with 245/70R17 tires and you are at a respectable 11.3 inches of ground clearance (just .3 inches from a big Bronco with the Sasquatch Package). It has a 150lb dynamic roof weight capacity, which is just fine for most off-road applications, and 600lbs static roof weight capacity. The only terrain I would not want to tackle with this setup is extreme rock crawling (which really isn't overlanding, that is a sport you do with a vehicle that is not your everyday DD).
Sponsored