stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If a reservation holder wants to wait for a 22 model is it possible to convert the 21 reservation to a 22? It does not appear to be the case. And does anyone know if you can reserve a 22 now? The ford site still shows an ordering system for the 21. Would you just go to a dealer to reserve a 22?
Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm really hoping that everyone changes their order to a 4 door Big Bend to get a Bronco early ironically making my 2 door move to the front of the line. It could happen, right?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just talked to a friend at Ford, and the 4-door Big Bend with the 2.3L and soft top is expected to be the bronco the least ordered configuration and should get your build through the fastest... unless the masses move to that configuration and they run out of something else.

Here’s a list of the items that might slow you down:

Sasquatch
Lux
Leather
Hard tops
2-door
Wildrak (strictly because of standard Sasquatch)

Looks like most of us will have to be patient.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As others said, my build is my build. I'm not lessening it so I get a vehicle 90 days earlier that I plan to own for years. That is simply silly.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah - what’s a little more time at this point in order to be as satisfied as possible? I’m ready when I get the call and each passing week is just another few dollars to put away to decrease those 36 payments!

Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just talked to a friend at Ford, and the 4-door Big Bend with the 2.3L and soft top is expected to be the bronco the least ordered configuration and should get your build through the fastest... unless the masses move to that configuration and they run out of something else.

Sasquatch
Lux
Leather
Hard tops
2-door

Why would you believe that the least desired vehicle would be the quickest off the line? Wouldn’t that be the last one produced if it’s the least popular choice?

I can’t imagine many (any?) people who have waited this long already making big sacrifices in options in hopes - not a guarantee - that it might (might!) mean a quicker delivery date.

My Ford contact states they sometimes begin with the most optioned-filled units and move down from there ...

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would you believe that the least desired vehicle would be the quickest off the line? Wouldn’t that be the last one produced if it’s the least popular choice?

I can’t imagine many (any?) people who have waited this long already making big sacrifices in options in hopes - not a guarantee - that it might (might!) mean a quicker delivery date.

My Ford contact states they sometimes begin with the most optioned-filled units and move down from there ...
I didn’t mean it would be the quickest, as in they will be built first, but they can’t build Bronco’s with 2.7’s, Sasquatch, or two doors if all they have are parts for standard 4-door Big Bends.

I am only relaying information to try and help keep people informed. The Big Bend configuration I posted above won’t get you your Bronco built first, but it could help you sidestep some potential delays.

If my reservation isn’t early enough, every option I’ve chosen (according to my friend at Ford) could slow it down or even bump it to 2022.

Last edited:

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sasquatch
Lux
Leather
Hard tops
2-door

Why is the 2dr a slow down? Aren't the majority of orders 4dr?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is the 2dr a slow down? Aren't the majority of orders 4dr?
I’m assuming they underestimated how many two door purists have been waiting years for the new Bronco and want one the first year. There will almost certainly be more four doors in the long run, but I think Ford was just surprised by the amount of people who want a two door the first year.

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in no hurry and not willing to settle for less options to get mine faster. I have my 2015 JKU that is my daily driver and 4 wheeling vehicle.

Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford can produce say 10,000 a month and you're #50,000 (so 5 month wait). But because of supply issues, they can only have the parts to make 5,000 2.7's a month and 5,000 2.3s. Imagine that if of the 50,000 in front of you, 42,000 want 2.7's and 8,000 2.3s. In this case, if you wanted the 2.3, you'd get you Bronco in 2 months instead of 9 months (42,000/5,000 per month).

Numbers, examples, etc. all made up but I hope you get the idea.

*edit - What's different about this isn't that Ford is making the model they think will sell best since they all will, they are just trying to make the most models they can. It's very different than usual.

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d be surprised if anyone gets a Bronco in 2021.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love Idaho. Good luck. My build has been the same for months, so I'm ready to order. If I end up waiting, so what. It'll most likely be more than a year between reservation and delivery.

Ha ha, suddenly I'm in the mood for ketchup

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m assuming they underestimated how many two door purists have been waiting years for the new Bronco and want one the first year. There will almost certainly be more four doors in the long run, but I think Ford was just surprised by the amount of people who want a two door the first year.

Good point. For me personally the 4 door too closely resembles a Jeep. The 2 door screams BRONCO to me. It looks like what I've wanted since I was a kid.

If having a 2dr build delays my build, so be it. Sucks though because my reservation went in about 2 hrs after they opened.
Sponsored