Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good point. For me personally the 4 door too closely resembles a Jeep. The 2 door screams BRONCO to me. It looks like what I've wanted since I was a kid.

If having a 2dr build delays my build, so be it. Sucks though because my reservation went in about 2 hrs after they opened.
If I had to guess, your reservation is early enough that your build won’t be delayed just because it’s a two door. I think it’s everyone a week+ after reservations initially opened up that are more likely to be delayed, but we just have no way of knowing.

I hope my order doesn’t get delayed, but it won’t stop me from ordering what I want.
Sponsored

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I plan on waiting until the ordering window is almost closed in case more information comes down the pipe. I want a base, manual Sasquatch with *hopefully* a white top. That puts me solidly in the MY22 camp. I have a late Oct reservation and I'm OK with waiting nearly a year for the exact Bronco that I want.

I just hope Ford figures out the MY22 ordering before the window closes. I don't want to have to be forced to order something that has no information on it ?‍♂

OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
bring my drivers lic, thanks for the advice ... but this post is kinda petty tbh ..
Well coming from the guy that receives all the phone calls and emails from customers thinking that the dealer is just going to order their abomination of a build without any security of a purchase is a foolish endeavor. It would shock you to see how many people show up to buy cars without insurance, expired drivers licenses. Ford said yesterday that they will be watching very closely that the same person who orders the bronco purchases it, in other words if the dealer games the system and orders vehicles and sells them to someone else their allocation is likely getting cut in a big way. All I am trying to get across is that if you want a good experience come prepared. I have only been doing this for a living for 16 years, so I thought I'd share what may make someone's experience better and potentially give a later reservation holder the opportunity to see their Bronco sooner
?

OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on waiting until the ordering window is almost closed in case more information comes down the pipe. I want a base, manual Sasquatch with *hopefully* a white top. That puts me solidly in the MY22 camp. I have a late Oct reservation and I'm OK with waiting nearly a year for the exact Bronco that I want.

I just hope Ford figures out the MY22 ordering before the window closes. I don't want to have to be forced to order something that has no information on it ?‍♂
That is an interesting one for sure and no information came out about if you could order a MY22 during the initial window. They did elude to it but didn't specifically state how that process was going to go. I'm hoping for more information about that in the coming days!

lonediver2002

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It is already widespread knowledge that certain items are going to be at a demand level higher than production and suppliers can keep up with. Some items are earmarked as late availability to add to the drama. Expect certain commodity restrictions to change as more and more reservations become orders and a clearer picture evolves. We have seen this with the F-150 and Transit for 2021 already. Right now the lowest take rate appears to be on the Big Bend with a 4 cyl engine. So if you want yours sooner than later that might be a consideration. Generally speaking the more options you put on any vehicle the more likely it is to get held up, that said order what you want, just realize that the dealer wants to sell you a car as soon as they can just as much as you want it yesterday, they do too!

If you are of the mindset that I am and are content with waiting another 6 months to a year after production starts to get exactly the one you want that is still to play for. You will also enjoy a few new colors, options and special packages on the 22 model. Just like you I have read all the forums, order guides and screenshots posted here for a long time and I am excited about the rig.

Side note: Your dealer is not going to know exactly which options are holding things up until Early April on the earliest reservation holders.

Finally, please for the love of God don't show up on the morning of the 19th expecting your dealer to know what the heck is going on. They are receiving the information at the same time you are. Build dates are going to be determined by your reservation time stamp not the day you go to the dealer. Don't be the last minute guy/gal either, but please be patient. You remember what happened the day you could first make your reservation and the website? Do you really want to be the guinea pig? Make an appointment on the 20th or after, have your build sheet printed out from Ford's Build and Price tool, bring your drivers license and a form of payment for your deposit, expect a few hiccups the first few days at least (not the dealers fault entirely, they rely on the website from Ford to be working correctly).
well if that is true, i may be in luck. going with the BB Area 51 2.3L Aux switch and upgraded bumper.

Sponsored

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just talked to a friend at Ford, and the 4-door Big Bend with the 2.3L and soft top is expected to be the bronco the least ordered configuration and should get your build through the fastest... unless the masses move to that configuration and they run out of something else.
I didn’t mean it would be the quickest, as in they will be built first, but they can’t build Bronco’s with 2.7’s, Sasquatch, or two doors if all they have are parts for standard 4-door Big Bends.

I am only relaying information to try and help keep people informed. The Big Bend configuration I posted above won’t get you your Bronco built first, but it could help you sidestep some potential delays.

If my reservation isn’t early enough, every option I’ve chosen (according to my friend at Ford) could slow it down or even bump it to 2022.
But here's the thing, if I'm Ford and I project the Big Bend configuration is the least popular, then I won't prioritize those commodities for that model. So, those that order that BB config could be waiting until MY22. No one knows

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I'm pissed... I was on Vacation when the Bronco went live, and with the website down I figured I'd make my reservation when I got home. Little did I know those extra few days messed me up.
Sponsored