First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Installed my sunrider on a 2 door yesterday. Pretty awesome. Much more convenient than removing the hard panels. Worth the price. I was in a hurry to install it before work though, so I’ll have to check if I have the same figment issues stated here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Harumph

Harumph

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed my Sunrider this evening. Fit is perfect.

I did have to make an adjustment so the front edge of the top covers the midpoint of the seal above the windshield.

With all pieces in place, tighten the 2 bolts securing the Sunrider to the anchor. Wait to tighten the remaining 6 bolts until after the top is latched in place. Then tighten the 2 bolts anchoring the top to the Bronco cap. Now with the 4 bolts tightened from inside the cabin, unlatch and fold back the top. Finally, move to the top side and tighten the remaining 4 bolts.

I find the passenger side latch is a little tighter than the driver side latch. I'm expecting the twill fabric to stretch/relax under tension, over time. We'll see if the theory holds water. All edges and seals are consistent from side to side. No gap in the back.

Test drive put a huge smile on my wife's face. Worth it just for that alone! 👍

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I installed my Sunrider this evening. Fit is perfect.

I did have to make an adjustment so the front edge of the top covers the midpoint of the seal above the windshield.

With all pieces in place, tighten the 2 bolts securing the Sunrider to the anchor. Wait to tighten the remaining 6 bolts until after the top is latched in place. Then tighten the 2 bolts anchoring the top to the Bronco cap. Now with the 4 bolts tightened from inside the cabin, unlatch and fold back the top. Finally, move to the top side and tighten the remaining 4 bolts.

I find the passenger side latch is a little tighter than the driver side latch. I'm expecting the twill fabric to stretch/relax under tension, over time. We'll see if the theory holds water. All edges and seals are consistent from side to side. No gap in the back.

Test drive put a huge smile on my wife's face. Worth it just for that alone! 👍
Can you followup with photos of the specific bolts that you reference above. I'm picking my Bronco up Weds and the Sunrider is waiting in the garage.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Harumph

Harumph

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you followup with photos of the specific bolts that you reference above. I'm picking my Bronco up Weds and the Sunrider is waiting in the garage.
The instruction manual you'll use for the install is going to be the easiest way to show the order to tighten bolts.

Follow the Bestop instructions. The order is important.
Section 2 - Tighten these bolts

Section 3 & 4 - fit all pieces and leave bolts a little loose.

Section 4 - now tighten the two bolts securing the Center Halo Bracket to the Hard Top. The other two bolts (shown with washers) should remain loose for now.
Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door underside

Close the top and latch it. Make sure the front edge of the top seals against rubber. Check for gaps. Adjust the top as needed to have consistent edges and corners.

From Section 4, Tighten the remaining two bolts (with washers) to lock the rear of the Sunrider Top in place. Now unlatch the top and lay it back.

Go to the top side and tighten the remaining 4 bolts.
Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door topside

You're done.

@Beach_Bum Since you have your Sunrider, take a look at the instructions and this will all make sense.

Good luck and enjoy!

Last edited:

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, @Bestop_Team can you reach out to your CS reps and have them respond to tickets. I called on 3/28 about my issue, spoke to a CS rep, was told to send an email, I did, got an automated email response with a ticket number and silence from @Bestop_Team so far.

Last edited:

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just another update on my top. Everything is A-OK, fit is good, operation is good, no leaks and the wind noise after removing the spacers and closing the gap went to nearly nothing. It's quieter than my Mic 2.0 HT panels were.

Glad ya'll got yours sorted as well. Now if @Bestop_Team would ever call me back I may be able to help them out!

One thing I did have to do was put a small bit of foam pipe insulation where the bow goes across the top. When the top was closed and the windows were open there was a large amount of buffeting on the top causing a pretty severe "flapping" noise.

I first tightened up the velcro around the bow and it didn't help. I then got some 1/2" foam pipe insulation (what you put on water pipes) and it made the noise disappear.

I took about a 3" section and put a piece on the driver's side, center and passenger side. The insulation is too thick to wrap the bow and re-do the velcro so cut about a 30 degree or so piece and used it. Just undue the velcro, wedge it in there between the top and the bow and re-do the velcro. I guess you could use pretty much anything, mine just needed to be "tightened" up a bit. Noise/ vibration has completely gone away.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Installed and working great! I went without the spacers too like everyone above. Initially I think I over tightened the bolts where the spacers are supposed to go on and had a hard time shutting the top, loosened them a bit and it closes fine but still requires a little force. That's my only concern at the moment, that and seeing what happens the first time it rains.

OP
OP
Harumph

Harumph

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed and working great! I went without the spacers too like everyone above. Initially I think I over tightened the bolts where the spacers are supposed to go on and had a hard time shutting the top, loosened them a bit and it closes fine but still requires a little force. That's my only concern at the moment, that and seeing what happens the first time it rains.
My top has become easier to latch. If yours doesn't improve, try the suggestion (post #66).

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was tough on the passenger side for a few days, I think they just need to "settle-in" a bit, it's perfect now.

OP
OP
Harumph

Harumph

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any results from a rain/carwash test?

I had a storm blow through here yesterday that was short but gusty. I saw a puddle on my floor mat where I had opened the door to step into the Bronco. Not sure if the puddle happened when I opened the door. I felt around the seal and found no moisture. No drips or signs of leaks (while still raining). The side of the dash (above the puddle) had a drop or two. The door panel was dry. 👍

Just wondering if anyone has noticed a leak.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any results from a rain/carwash test?

I had a storm blow through here yesterday that was short but gusty. I saw a puddle on my floor mat where I had opened the door to step into the Bronco. Not sure if the puddle happened when I opened the door. I felt around the seal and found no moisture. No drips or signs of leaks (while still raining). The side of the dash (above the puddle) had a drop or two. The door panel was dry. 👍

Just wondering if anyone has noticed a leak.
Hi there, Frank. This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you with this leaking concern on my end.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine was tough on the passenger side for a few days, I think they just need to "settle-in" a bit, it's perfect now.
Opened it up today, zero issues latching now. Glad I didn't remount it

OP
OP
Harumph

Harumph

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi there, Frank. This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you with this leaking concern on my end.
Hello @Ford Motor Company
PM sent with info requested.

Title of the PM is "Rain Leaking into my Bronco"

Thanks for your help!!
Sponsored

Last edited: