Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love the sunrider its been on my bronco for 3ish months now and is open unless its raining.

I have to disclose that It did take bestop 3 tries to get me my unit. Fedex is brutal here with their handling of large packages and ended up breaking 2 of them in the exact same way.

The support staff was lovely to deal with and very helpful (to anyone waiting on email box replies just call them its much easier and faster). No questions asked replaced it both times and even got the shipping department to adjust their packing methods to get it to me safely.

I live in a large city so most of my driving is about 20mph and its just perfect. On the highway Its honestly fine until about 85mph even with the windows open. Ive had no problems having conversations with the person next to you without shouting.

I haven't noticed any water intrusion after hard rain or the hand wash up the block that uses power washers.

The best part (other than open roof life) is being able to reach up and close it at the first raindrops within a few seconds while driving at moderate speeds (30ish).

My only wish is that I could roll with both the roof rack and the sunrider at the same time.

Overall impression 11/10 would buy again without thinking about it.
Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

PSA for all sunrider owners, check your corner seals! Mine had some gaps & experienced A-pillar drips after the first car wash. Installed weather stripping & this should help remedy the issue.

UPDATE 1 YEAR LATER: Zero leaks when bringing the bronco through car washes, and kept the sunrider installed during a historically rainy winter.

Before:
Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_5536.PNG

After:
Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_5535.PNG

Seals used:
Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door tempImagexCGSsW

Last edited:

3bedrooms

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PSA for all sunrider owners, check your corner seals! Mine had some gaps & experienced A-pillar drips after the first car wash. Installed weather stripping & this should help remedy the issue.

Before:
Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door tempImagexCGSsW

After:

Seals used:
just wanted to pop in and say that this fix worked perfect for me! I had a massive leak on first install. I tried to adjust the plate like another guy suggested, tried to start over, all with no luck.

I bought the same weather stripping and did it at the same place, and it now works perfect. I added some of my own pics for anyone else with same problem.

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door 7D9F0E34-2D50-44E3-8B35-8CB9F8FEB0E9

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door A065BB89-92D6-4173-8F22-240502E469E4

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door BB9DC805-4580-460A-964C-0F49A9D37141

leaking from here on both sides:
Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door 4FC6A0E2-5870-46E3-A9DC-23F1B4467910

After:
Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door 0D4C3A14-45F4-425E-85DE-E10617720684

Cheers dude!! Thanks for the great advice.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

just wanted to pop in and say that this fix worked perfect for me! I had a massive leak on first install. I tried to adjust the plate like another guy suggested, tried to start over, all with no luck.

I bought the same weather stripping and did it at the same place, and it now works perfect. I added some of my own pics for anyone else with same problem.

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door 0D4C3A14-45F4-425E-85DE-E10617720684

After:

Awesome...glad it helped! Cheers

BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine rattles and squeaks a lot. Anyone else?

The truck is solid, so the Bestop noise annoys me.

The rattling isn’t too bad. When I hit big bumps, the top bounces a bit. Not too big of a deal.

But, the squeaking drives me crazy. Small bumps cause it. It’s definitely the top, not the truck.

Not sure if there’s anything I can do, except crank up the radio.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The rattling isn’t too bad. When I hit big bumps, the top bounces a bit. Not too big of a deal.

But, the squeaking drives me crazy. Small bumps cause it. It’s definitely the top, not the truck.

Mine is quiet. Maybe a matter of lubricating the seals?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi Mark. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FORD - thanks for the reach out. But, it’s not an issue with the truck. It’s an issue with the Bestop top.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been trying to diagnose where the popping sound comes from my Bestop on a 2 door. I've had the darn thing off so many times. I've applied foam pads on the back, underneath where the metal meets metal and still no luck. Have you had any luck finding what is even causing the noise?

CaptainRob

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had the same rear gap problem on my 2 door sunrider and did a video of the fix I did, plus a tip on how to insure that you don't drive into your garage with the top open lol

Troiab

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL/Chevrolet Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

After:

Would you be able to explain or provide a marked up photo of where you installed the 5/16 insulation? I attempted yesterday - no luck.
Are you installing after every open and close?
Brett 8508195074

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had the same rear gap problem on my 2 door sunrider and did a video of the fix I did, plus a tip on how to insure that you don't drive into your garage with the top open lol
Great tip on the garage door opener! Bookmarking this for later...

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2 door was in the dealer for some minor stuff and they gave me a 4 door soft top to drive. When it rained it poured right in the windows or when the door was open.

Does the sunrider do this?
Sponsored