Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So far we have really been loving the Sunrider, so easy to pop the top. We will be in the OBX next week and it will get a lot of use.
Sponsored

BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does Bestop tend to run sales or discount codes? Maybe Memorial Day?

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that I’ve made a few trips around town I’ve determined that the Sunrider has made my Bronco better. I really like how quick it is to open and close, I’ll use it far more than I would remove panels. I haven’t had it out on the highway or in a rainstorm yet, but so far so good.
D1F424B6-B335-4238-8859-9E2E54915752.jpeg
955BA55C-C548-4A91-9865-813EEF63D8BA.jpeg

ahtussey

Big Bend
First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looking to get the Sunrider for my 2-door but for those of you who have them now or in the past, do you recommend the twill or black diamond? I've been doing a bit of research and there are pros and cons for each. I also really appreciate all the fitment talk on this thread, I've bookmarked it in case I run into the same things. Thanks for your help!

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went twill as it seemed to be the superior material from what I read on some Jeep forums. Seems like the only benefit to black diamond could be that it’s easier to clean, but the twill is like the top material on most OEM convertibles so it should be cleanable.

Sponsored

ahtussey

Big Bend
First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went twill as it seemed to be the superior material from what I read on some Jeep forums. Seems like the only benefit to black diamond could be that it’s easier to clean, but the twill is like the top material on most OEM convertibles so it should be cleanable.
Thanks BroncoAZ, I appreciate it. And you have the same first name as my dad so you must be a good dude :) Cleaning was a con of the twill but there are endless options for convertible top cleaners/protectants so, looks like I have my answer! Thanks again!

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just bought the twill, fit is great, functionality is great. I love being able to just flip the sunrider back in seconds, as opposed to taking a few minutes to get the panels off and stow them in the back where they would not get scuffed up. Still need to see how it goes at highway speeds, but around town it is excellent.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking for inputs about your experience with this top.
  • Fit/finish (for the 2 door Bronco)
  • interior sound level compared to the hardtop with roof rails
  • NVH compared to the hardtop (popping sound)
  • quality of twill compared to vinyl
  • any sealing issues for air or water

Many thanks for sharing your real life experience with this top on a 2 door Bronco! 🤙

Just installed my BESTOP Sun Rider TWILL on my BRONCO 2 DR:

!!!!!! WATCH THE BESTOP INSTALLATION VIDEO !!!!!!!

Really easy to install all the tools except maybe the Allen wrench are included in the BRONCO tool kit - very convenient! Strongly suggest you have someone help you carry over the vehicle for installation. Literally there is 1 step where you need the second set of hands and that takes 1 minute.

It's easier if you have a step stool or you can stand on the door sills. Make sure you have protectors or put something down so you don't scratch the sills.

Take off the antenna and hFld in the mirrors when you are putting the top on. It's just less things to bump.

Be careful of all the seals and make sure they are making contact.

I replaced the spacers with a thinner nylon washer - about half the thickness. I read somewhere that the spacers caused leaks on the 2DR.

The frame and top have a real quality feel and finish.

The fit on the topi is tight, feels good.

Hand tighten everything and then finish tightening everything after all the screws & bolts are installed.

The latches on one side of the top take a little fussing with to open but no big deal.

I drove it and then soaked it with a hose. Water tight - so far!
Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_1989
Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_1990

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_1992

The Bestop Sun Rider is exactly the open air feel I was looking for and its super easy to open and close!

ACow

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda fit :(
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just got my bronco on Tuesday! Had the dealership install this top. Instructions said 30 mins, 3 hours and a visit to the shop I get her back. Didn't try to open it there... Currently it isn't opening... Will investigate more. I thought it's a simple "unlatch and push back". Unlatching works. The pushing back is a no go. And I. About 600 miles from the dealership.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got my bronco on Tuesday! Had the dealership install this top. Instructions said 30 mins, 3 hours and a visit to the shop I get her back. Didn't try to open it there... Currently it isn't opening... Will investigate more. I thought it's a simple "unlatch and push back". Unlatching works. The pushing back is a no go. And I. About 600 miles from the dealership.
Pull the top down with the handholds next to the latch points as you open the latches all the way. There is hook on the latch that needs to be retracted into the latch for the top to open.

Sponsored

ACow

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda fit :(
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's exactly what I did today and managed! It is a nice drive with it. I'm happy I got it

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pull the top down with the handholds next to the latch points as you open the latches all the way. There is hook on the latch that needs to be retracted into the latch for the top to open.
To add to what @BroncoAZ mentioned, it will loosen up over time. After having mine installed for a couple of months, the latches work smoothly and without unnecessary resistance.

This is by far my favorite addition to my Bronco. I did start keeping a hat in the rig, because the wind does a number on my hair. ;)

BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m still on the fence with this purchase. With the Sunrider, you’re pretty much committing to NOT taking the back roof section off, right? (Not driving around with Sunrider and no back roof, not removing the Sunrider whenever you want the roof off).

Do you find that to be a big deal? What do you prefer? The functionality of the Sunrider, or the ability to go completely topless?

Thanks.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m still on the fence with this purchase. With the Sunrider, you’re pretty much committing to NOT taking the back roof section off, right? (Not driving around with Sunrider and no back roof, not removing the Sunrider whenever you want the roof off).

Do you find that to be a big deal? What do you prefer? The functionality of the Sunrider, or the ability to go completely topless?

Thanks.
I don’t have any place to store the rear roof if I pulled it off. You could remove the sunrider in about 6 bolts and then pull the rest of the top if you’d like.

BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, Mitch. But, I’m speculating that once the Sunrider is on, it’s staying on. With alignment, extra work, current Sunrider owners aren’t removing their Sunriders on a regular basis. So, probably keeping the rear roof on all of the time.?
Sponsored