First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was one of my favorite trails on our Colorado trip. In large part because there was not another single vehicle in sight when we were there. On the entire trail the only other human we saw was a sole hiker heading down the hill while we were going up.

Warden Gulch is an in and out trail. You climb on a rocky road up through the trees until it opens up near the abandoned Allen-Emory gold mine. You are now in a beautiful basin. We went up the trail close to the gold mine. It had snowed recently (an early September snow) so we had amazing views of snow capped peaks and trees all around. We had quite a bit of snow on the trail on the way up as well. We were not very concerned about getting stuck since there were trees all around to winch out as a last resort.

I have no idea if it is usually this free of other people. For us that was the best part. Sitting and having lunch miles from anyone else near an abandoned gold mine was a special treat.

Ford Bronco Warden Gulch - Montezuma Colorado IMG_9864

Ford Bronco Warden Gulch - Montezuma Colorado IMG_5991

Sponsored

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks awesome!

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks awesome!
It was! It is such a good feeling to be on a trail that is a little bit challenging out in the Colorado mountains. This one won't beat the crap out of your vehicle but you also know that most cars couldn't be there.