Sponsored

Warn Elite bumper: closer look and intercooler questions.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would definitely be concerned about covering such a critical cooling "port"

On the other hand, intercooling of turbos is used to get more power and uncooled turbos have run for years. But it depends on where the turbo is located. If you block the air be prepared to lose maybe 15,20% off the top, maybe more. You could always remove the turbo and reprogram the chip, but running it hotter will do much of the same.

I would rather block the front camera, which is why no winch is compatible with lux
It's not the turbo you are cooling. It's the compressed air that the turbo has compressed to force into the engine. Cool air = horse power. if it cant cool the air, your manifold air temp goes up. Then the engine has to make adjustments on fuel and timing to adjust for higher manifold air temp. whenever it makes these adjustments you will feel a horsepower loss. If it gets too hot, your engine could experience detonation. Bad stuff.
Sponsored

dj10024

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX SAS MIC 4dr, 1968 Bronco U15
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Over 11K miles over a year with the Warn Elite front bumper and Zeon 8s (with their cover on it most of the time, along with Cascadia 4x4 Hawse Fog Light mount with two KC Era 4s) and the 2.3L/auto had no issues with cooling (living in NC and doing drives to Florida).

Nothing noticed with drive-ability and I would do 22MPG with 93 octane and closer to 19MPG with 87 octane. Non-Sasquatch.

I'm getting a MY22 OBX 2.7L Sasquatch that I'm installing another Warn Elite front bumper that should be updated for the factory fog lights from the standard Ford bumper along with the same Zeon 8s. Will likely relocate the control module this time, as the OBX is a High Package with the front camera.

Will send some pictures and videos in the next few weeks.

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Over 11K miles over a year with the Warn Elite front bumper and Zeon 8s (with their cover on it most of the time, along with Cascadia 4x4 Hawse Fog Light mount with two KC Era 4s) and the 2.3L/auto had no issues with cooling (living in NC and doing drives to Florida).

Nothing noticed with drive-ability and I would do 22MPG with 93 octane and closer to 19MPG with 87 octane. Non-Sasquatch.

I'm getting a MY22 OBX 2.7L Sasquatch that I'm installing another Warn Elite front bumper that should be updated for the factory fog lights from the standard Ford bumper along with the same Zeon 8s. Will likely relocate the control module this time, as the OBX is a High Package with the front camera.

Will send some pictures and videos in the next few weeks.
Yeah I haven't noticed any negative effects other than a not insignificant drop in my mileage due to the considerable combined weight of the bumper and winch.
Sponsored