Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want the factory winch mounting plate for the factory HD bumper. Warn makes that as well but right now can’t sell it.
Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, not many folks have mentioned it, but these bumpers are all set at Sasquatch-width. Even if you have flares, but they aren't the wider Sasquatch ones, these bumpers will all stick out oddly.

That being said, you won't get the strength out out at the ends if they had some sort of user-selected width that bolted in.
Yes. If you wheel enough to need a bumper (and winch) this stout then you want to be able to turn and get your front tire on a rock or rut and the bumper extending to the end of the flare hinders this. Also, like you said, what about non-SAS flares or removing the flare? This bumper is too wide.

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like this bumper and am considering it. I think I'd cut it down and cap the ends

Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is an answer for someone with cad abilities to work with as a starting point. This is one of the best old school bumpers on the market...The Prineville, Oregon's Buckstop
Adapt and overcome.... shorten the ends to allow the wheels rock crawling contact , change brush guard to bronco outline, and move the grill guard bars out of the stinkin camera's way.
the winch is completely enclosed and protected from harm. Cast aluminum where appropriate to save weight. Please -get to it designer!
Ford Bronco Warn Elite Bumper w/ Grille Guard Tube Announced for 2021 Bronco 1627477153177

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be ideal if a company would create a bumper with the winch recessed down and behind the bumper. A lot of aftermarket Toyota (and probably other manufacturer) bumpers are made this way. I don't like having my winches exposed. Here's my 4Runner for reference:
Ford Bronco Warn Elite Bumper w/ Grille Guard Tube Announced for 2021 Bronco 20210621_190640
Ford Bronco Warn Elite Bumper w/ Grille Guard Tube Announced for 2021 Bronco 20210617_182333

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would think that a couple of air ports that funnel the wind back behind the bumper onto the intercooler would suffice.

Basically build a bumper that can accommodate the sensors, and include a CAI sort of feature for the intercooler. Done!?

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just want the factory winch mounting plate for the factory HD bumper. Warn makes that as well but right now can’t sell it.
Is there an ETA on when it's available? I dont follow the aftermarket world.

Edit: oof, banned. @everyoneelseinthisthread

stuston

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, 7.3L Excursion, Multiple TDI's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you already have the Winch and Relocation kit sitting in the corner waiting to be installed.. its just a matter of finding the right bumper at that point! :) Or you could commit a bit of Blasphemy and put the Harbor Freight Apex Badlands synthetic on this....It already comes with the relocation mount.. just need heavy gauge wires to where it needs to run.
Blasphemy? Only if you're too fancy for your skinny jeans.

Have you looked under the hood? No room under the bronco hood for any aftermarket parts.
It's just a mess under there, but there's room. What are you trying to put in there, an overland tent?

Including shipping, but no upgrades such as fog lights or synth.

bumper $1530
zeon10 $1130
reloc $82
-----
$2742
Ford wanted $2500, and that was ridiculous to me.

$1800, wowowow... Good thing I can just design and build my own I guess. Not like I haven't been spending weeks working on modeling/creating drawings for custom fabricated parts at work. Dealing with vendors to get stuff cnc cut and welded. We have a powder coat booth at work so that's covered. Sounds like I'll have a full custom solution to show off a few weeks after I get my Bronco.
Call me when you have a prototype. BTW, I want it to go all the way to the end of my Sas fenders.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call me when you have a prototype. BTW, I want it to go all the way to the end of my Sas fenders.
Gonna be a while, I'm in the "Run Arounds" club, VIN but not yet built. SO, it's gonna be December (or who knows when) before I have a Bronco to get measurements from. I don't think the dealership will let me pull the bumper off of their mannequin but I should ask...

If someone posts 3d parts files for the Bronco I can get to work now, but I doubt that will happen. I asked my dealer to request them for me from his Ford rep, I see that going no where.

OP
OP
gizmohd

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blasphemy? Only if you're too fancy for your skinny jeans.

It's just a mess under there, but there's room. What are you trying to put in there, an overland tent?

Ford wanted $2500, and that was ridiculous to me.

Apex 12000 comes with the relocation kit... got it for less than $600 w/coupon... Found a deal on the Warn bumper for under 1300 (had a coupon).. still under 2k for a bumper/hitch solution that allows me to still use the front camera..

OP
OP
gizmohd

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From warn.com:

89970 CONTROL PACK RELOCATION KIT FOR ZEON WINCHES
Short kit 31”
The Bronco’s forward-facing camera will be blocked by the Grille Guard Tube and an upright mounted winch control box. However, you can retain the camera’s functionality if you select the Elite Bumper Without Grille Guard Tube, and relocate the winch’s control pack from atop the winch. Control box relocation hardware is available.
Conrtrol pack is mounted inside the bumper on the passenger side

OP
OP
gizmohd

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I just took delivery of the bumper today... I can see there is airflow in different channels to get air into the intercooler... I'll do a writeup in a month or so when I take delivery of my truck and do the installation.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs