Winches never get rained on, don't worry about it 🤣

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered an EVO 10-S on 1/30 from Stage 3, inquired why it hadn’t shipped yet… On hold with no ETA! I don’t want to pay 2x for the Zeon, so guess I’ll have to order a Smittybilt X2O GEN3 10k or maybe just jump to the 12k…?

Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ordered an EVO 10-S on 1/30 from Stage 3, inquired why it hadn’t shipped yet… On hold with no ETA! I don’t want to pay 2x for the Zeon, so guess I’ll have to order a Smittybilt X2O GEN3 10k or maybe just jump to the 12k…?
Sometimes you see them on Amazon or ebay. Purchased mine unopened on ebay from someone that sold their jeep before installing it.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I called Warn CS and they informed that indeed there is no ETA and all orders, even product in-stock at retailers, are on hold and cannot be sold. They are targeting to send updated remotes to all those in the field first, then those in-stock at retailers, then those in production and their warehouses.

I asked if they would offer any discount toward upgrading to a Zeon, but no dice... I commend them for making safety the priority over $$$, but man that really stinks...

Right now I can get 10% off the Smittybilt X2O GEN3 12k so $50 cheaper than what I paid for the EVO 10-S (I was able to get $100 off). And it has a new wireless IP68 rated water resistant remote, same as the Zeon...

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I called Warn CS and they informed that indeed there is no ETA and all orders, even product in-stock at retailers, are on hold and cannot be sold. They are targeting to send updated remotes to all those in the field first, then those in-stock at retailers, then those in production and their warehouses.

I asked if they would offer any discount toward upgrading to a Zeon, but no dice... I commend them for making safety the priority over $$$, but man that really stinks...

Right now I can get 10% off the Smittybilt X2O GEN3 12k so $50 cheaper than what I paid for the EVO 10-S (I was able to get $100 off). And it has a new wireless IP68 rated water resistant remote, same as the Zeon...
I also talked to Smittybilt CS and the GEN3 X20 winch is IP68 rated, but the remote is IP65 rated. He also mentioned:

“The winch remotes are not water proof they have a IP rating of IP65. The biggest difference however, our winches have a ON/OFF switch on the control box.

The Gen 3's on/off switch complete shuts off the power to the winch. So as long as that switch is off while not in use, there's no possibility of unintentional activation”

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got mine on ebay. Every other month a dealership in the mid west dumps winches through this eBay seller. DM if you want a link to the eBay vendor.
Ford Bronco WARN VR Evo Winch Remote Recall 46B329AE-30D5-4EBC-9740-A219220922F9

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a Warn VR EVO 10-S on order since late January. Got impatient and picked up the Zeon 10-S today at the local 4WP shop. Seeing them side by side convinced me the 2X price is likely worth it. Glad I came upon this thread and nice to know the Zeon remote is waterproof.
Sponsored