Sponsored

Warn Winch option negates driver assist benefits of the High/Lux package?

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So back to my original question. It doesn’t make sense to opt for the Lux package and add the Warn Winch option from Ford.
I would get the package you want and go aftermarket. Ford is charging too much for that winch, which could be purchased elsewhere for much less.
Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Simple fix; remove the head unit of the winch and relocate it on the radiator bracket with some 1/8" steel strap. It is a common mod in the Tacoma forums.
You have a picture of this? I'm curious. Not sure what to Google to get what I need to see.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You have a picture of this? I'm curious. Not sure what to Google to get what I need to see.
There are many threads on this. Lookup "winch solenoid relocation" and typically you will find them on Tacomaworld. Not my picture, pulled from the internet.

Ford Bronco Warn Winch option negates driver assist benefits of the High/Lux package? Solenoid Relocation

OP
OP
Essmith94

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would get the package you want and go aftermarket. Ford is charging too much for that winch, which could be purchased elsewhere for much less.
Looks like the Warn Zenon they are offering is with steel cable and not synthetic anyway.

Sponsored

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have a look at the HF 12,000lb Badlands winch. It is getting rave reviews. I've given up on Warn. I had purchased their new 10K lb ZEON winch for my last Rubicon build. The rechargeable remote is complete crap. First one failed. Replacement wouldn't hold a charge for more than a day or two - so it was ALWAYS DEAD when you needed it. All this joy for ~$1200. Picked up a Badlands for a Jeep Cherokee project. $599 but this weekend they had a 25% off coupon that worked on the winches. MUCH better wireless remote. Synthetic rope (or course). Less than 1/2 the price and as good or better than the Warn. (Go look at the reviews.)

jrustyasl

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle: Honda VTX 1300
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wondered since the bronco shares the same platform as the ranger if a bumper for the ranger might work for the bronco as well. Of course not sure how this would line up with the body lines, but looks like a cool option for like the wild track trim.

94213B6F-3525-400D-AC40-078FAD766B12.png

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So back to my original question. It doesn’t make sense to opt for the Lux package and add the Warn Winch option from Ford.
These are all pre-production models you are looking at. Pre-produced to weed out issues like this.

Rest assured if Ford ends up selling a winch and Lux options together, ACC and every other feature will work.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Have you actually looked at what Lux includes? If the ONLY thing you care about from the Lux pack is ACC and IF the winch interferes with that than MAYBE it might not make sense.

But seeing as Lux comes with lots of other stuff I deem necessary on a new vehicle...Lux is a no Brainer.

Screenshot_20210103-175158_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Essmith94

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you actually looked at what Lux includes? If the ONLY thing you care about from the Lux pack is ACC and IF the winch interferes with that than MAYBE it might not make sense.

But seeing as Lux comes with lots of other stuff I deem necessary on a new vehicle...Lux is a no Brainer.

Ford Bronco Warn Winch option negates driver assist benefits of the High/Lux package? Screenshot_20210103-175158_Chrome
I completely agree. I am getting the Lux package. I wanted to get the Warn Winch as well but don’t want to if it is going to negate half of what I bought. So looks like I will wait on aftermarket for a better winch option or wait until Ford proves that it will all work together.

OP
OP
Essmith94

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to be on the safe side you should probably go ahead and cancel your reservation. Let the other guys try it out before you make a costly mistake.
Funny... I will happily eat pinapple pizza off of my MGV seats under the shade of my Gray MIC top and and not complain once!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These are all pre-production models you are looking at. Pre-produced to weed out issues like this.

Rest assured if Ford ends up selling a winch and Lux options together, ACC and every other feature will work.
Ford has already stated that their optional winch Partially blocks their Front Camera and that they are NOT going to fix this (at least initially). To assume that the Winch add on does not negate other features would be a pretty big risk for us guinea pigs.

No way I'd drop that coin for Lux and get the factory winch. I guess worse case, someone would be happy to buy you setup from you ?

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The adaptive cruise control "might" be ok, I specifically remember seeing the inner parking sensors blocked.... Matter of fact the Filson Bronco was showing proximity sensors in alarm when they were moving it around in Seattle
Ford Bronco Warn Winch option negates driver assist benefits of the High/Lux package? Screenshot_20210103-175158_Chrome
Maybe the “production” bumpers will have the sensors locations changed so as to work around the winch.
Sponsored