First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The OP doesn't mention which particular "bronco bolt" was stripped, but I just did some audio work on mine and noticed the torque spec listed for the grab handle by the driver's door hinge is a very low 80 inch pounds (less than 7 ft lbs) so if you're applying much torque to them it'd be no wonder if they stripped.

1633276218609.png
I have to wonder what those are actually threaded into. With such a low number I wouldn't be surprised if it was just plastic. They seemed to have a ton of flex when I grabbed it at the dealer event.

To me that's just asking for breakage trouble.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think the bolts are also Torx Plus, so slightly different shape. I noticed my t40 is a Hair loose. Need to get a t40 torx plus
You are correct. It's a Torx Plus (TP)

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct. It's a Torx Plus (TP)
40IP, not T40?

What is your information source?

Iā€™m not questioning the accuracy of your statement. Just looking for some external confirmation. Thanks.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

40IP, not T40?

What is your information source?

Iā€™m not questioning the accuracy of your statement. Just looking for some external confirmation. Thanks.

Umm... I own a Bronco... I develop mounting hardware for Broncos... and i've tried Torx, Torx Security and Torx Plus... soooo that's my my authority on the subject :)

You need a TP40 (Torx #40 PLUS / Torx Plus 40), at least on the front bumper parts. I've used a TP (Torx Plus) on some internal things.

You can test this yourself. If you use a Torx, you'll notice there is a slight play. Use a Torx plus, no play.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Umm... I own a Bronco... I develop mounting hardware for Broncos... and i've tried Torx, Torx Security and Torx Plus... soooo that's my my authority on the subject :)

You need a TP40 (Torx #40 PLUS / Torx Plus 40), at least on the front bumper parts. I've used a TP (Torx Plus) on some internal things.

You can test this yourself. If you use a Torx, you'll notice there is a slight play. Use a Torx plus, no play.
Were gonna need 2 forms of ID and a letter of Reference from your 8th grade principal to verify your authority. :ROFLMAO:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

really, most people don't know how to properly use a screwdriver. they do not hold the driver straight and use adequate pressure to hold the bit tightly into the fastener so magically the hardware is at fault. there are reasons people cannot assemble ikea furniture neatly.

i remember sitting through a few classes about how to properly use a simple tool while in the us army's aviation mechanic's school. at the time i thought it was insulting to need to sit through the classes, but as i get older there are so many who could benefit from such an education.

the truth is if you are going to do your own work, you need to invest in quality tools and some quality instruction on how to use them.
The Robinson head eliminates almost all downfalls of the stupid, AN Philips head. It's a shame Robinson lost out due to patenting and licensing. šŸ¤·šŸ»
But Torx is definitely better than both. Except with Ham-fisted shade tree mechanics over torquing everything!

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wish websites would say if their products were made in USA or elsewhere. You can never be sure these days, even with so-called American companies.
The FTC should make it MANDATORY that they specify the country of origin.

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But that pedal wrench is actually very useful/necessary for removing pedals on bikes. A standard wrench is too thick.
While it can be used to remove/install pedals, that bottom wrench is actually a cone wrench for adjusting hubs and road bike brake calipers. Pedal wrenches are longer to help remove pedals installed by gorillas.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has any manufacturer EVER provided a tool worth a damn? I'm surprised they didnt include these wonderful bits...

winkelschluessel-mit-zwei-kurzen-schenkel-337740.jpg

TL7421-One-Color.jpg
whoa whoa whoa there compadre. Park Tool makes some of the best damn bike tools ever. Some of their stuff in my toolbox is pushing 30 years old and still works flawlessly

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,ā€˜21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welp I stripped a couple on my SAS wheelā€™s beauty ringsā€¦ used Torx Plus 40.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

whoa whoa whoa there compadre. Park Tool makes some of the best damn bike tools ever. Some of their stuff in my toolbox is pushing 30 years old and still works flawlessly
Ha. I chuckled at OPs photo.

That particular cone wrench sucks to use but it's a damn tough tool. Tougher than most cone wrenches.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Torx Plus !!!

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I unfortunately used the tools they give you and stripped 2 bolts. Is there anything I can do to get them off? It's the three bottom on mod front bumper so I might mount something in the future. Any tools anyone recommends I get, especially to avoid stripping anymore.
Sponsored