First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BL, SAS, LUX / 2017 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With the number of issues I've read about with these hard tops I made the decision to order mine with the soft top and to wait and see what the aftermarket world comes up with first. I'll run the soft top for a year or two then see what's on the market and buy whatever has proven itself to be the best top. Even if it costs me upwards of 5K I'm okay with that.
Sponsored

Allagash

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BL, SAS, LUX / 2017 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So if I can ever order a Bronco. I should be happy with a soft top and hope for a good and reasonably priced aftermarket hard top
Better than stock...most likely. Reasonably priced...? Highly unlikely.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

More like never remove the top under any circumstances...I was already planning on never removing doors so I guess I'll add the hardtop to the list as well.

I've mentioned here before and I will again that I have a feeling Ford will be replacing our MIC 2.0 tops within the next year or two.
Replacing with the very few issues softtop. Although I am hesitant to remove rear windows since if the $1.00 connecting tab breaks you have to replace the whole panel. Never opened past first position yet and doors stay on u til warranty runs out

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the number of issues I've read about with these hard tops I made the decision to order mine with the soft top and to wait and see what the aftermarket world comes up with first. I'll run the soft top for a year or two then see what's on the market and buy whatever has proven itself to be the best top. Even if it costs me upwards of 5K I'm okay with that.
Way upwards, so far.

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So if I can ever order a Bronco. I should be happy with a soft top and hope for a good and reasonably priced aftermarket hard top
Good luck with both.

I have the Bestop Trektop in the garage, so I will put it on soon enough.

Sponsored

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly, we passed on the ESP the second time around with Ford. They refused to honor things like having a rental available for service and after reading the fine print almost nothing is covered besides engine.

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly, we passed on the ESP the second time around with Ford. They refused to honor things like having a rental available for service and after reading the fine print almost nothing is covered besides engine.
I have a 21180 2.7 engine, middle of the hot zone, so that's why I purchased the warranty. If it shells out and they replace it... or if it never shells out. I will be happy with either outcome.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a bad idea. Any worry about the weight being on the rubber seal?
I would worry about it if it was sitting like that for a few weeks, but for a few days there is no reason for the rubber seal be damaged by it.

For Christmas this year I plan to get that fancy lift system from SmarterHome so I don't have to deal with this or worry. It'll help me have the top off a lot more next summer.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which ESP are you talking about? There are different companies that write ESP for Ford dealers.

For example, I have the EasyCare TotalCare service contract which covers all vehicle components but (of course, doesn't cover body panels but none do that)

What is not covered:
  • Damage that occured prior to the purchase of the contract or after the contract expires
  • Adjustments to correct squeaks,rattles,water leaks or wind noise
  • Non-factory installed radios and speakers
  • Light bulbs, lenses, and sealed beams
  • Upholstery
  • Carpet, paint, ornamental moldings and interior trim
  • Convertible tops, glass, plastic, framing, cables or seals
  • Any part or component damaged by varnish, rust, corrosion, moisture or condensation
  • Damage caused by any external cause such as collision, theft, freezing, lightning, hail or flood

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. It is people like me who suck?

You know, I am willing to bet that the service manager I discussed the issue with would tell you that I was polite, respectful, and understanding.
Just because I am unhappy with the outcome doesn't mean that I am going to be an asshole. It appears that you might be biased against the people who actually didn't read every last bit of the fine print and never considered that the hardtop is trim.

Considering that I only loosened the bolts ONE time and it immediately broke following that, we can surmise that the factory is the only culprit that might have over-torqued it. It was not visibly cracked when I removed the bolts and didn't crack until I moved it 3 inches rearward and set it gently back down on the Bronco.

But, I am the problem... LOL 😂 Ok got it. Thanks for playing.

Polite or not, too many people have an entitled attitude these days and want something for free and that how you came off in the op. If what you say is true, and it was in fact over tightened from the factory, unfortunately theres no way to prove it. As an advisor my suggestion would be call your insurance company and start a claim.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Which ESP are you talking about? There are different companies that write ESP for Ford dealers.

For example, I have the EasyCare TotalCare service contract which covers all vehicle components but (of course, doesn't cover body panels but none do that)

What is not covered:
  • Damage that occured prior to the purchase of the contract or after the contract expires
  • Adjustments to correct squeaks,rattles,water leaks or wind noise
  • Non-factory installed radios and speakers
  • Light bulbs, lenses, and sealed beams
  • Upholstery
  • Carpet, paint, ornamental moldings and interior trim
  • Convertible tops, glass, plastic, framing, cables or seals
  • Any part or component damaged by varnish, rust, corrosion, moisture or condensation
  • Damage caused by any external cause such as collision, theft, freezing, lightning, hail or flood
It was the one Ford sold us.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Polite or not, too many people have an entitled attitude these days and want something for free and that how you came off in the op. If what you say is true, and it was in fact over tightened from the factory, unfortunately theres no way to prove it. As an advisor my suggestion would be call your insurance company and start a claim.
That actually might work. Certainly worth trying.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This may be a dumb question, but would having the MIC top Line-Xed help with its durability or would it just offer yet another reason why the poor construction won't be covered by the warranty?
Sponsored