Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So this is just a warning for those who rushed to book off rodeo when they opened up the other locations and didn't read the fine lines.

I booked early September. The wife reminded me that we have something that weekend. So I emailed off rodeo HQ to move my date to early October to a time when I know she will be at a Bachelorette party and I had the weekend to myself.

They never responded.
Feeling a bit disenfranchised by the Bronco delays, plus also getting to finally test drive the Bronco -- satisfying that itch (loved it btw), I felt I'd save the 6.5 hrs drive from PA to Vermont or where it is and just wait for my Bronco to arrive and learn off roading tips on my own.

So I emailed them again this morning asking how to cancel. They got back immediately and said it's a 150 dollar fee to cancel.

Ford Bronco [Warning] Its not free to cancel, nor alter your date for Bronco Off-Rodeo tenor (1) (3)

Ok a bit ridiculous but fine

So I reply back asking again how I can just move the date and they send me this.

Ford Bronco [Warning] Its not free to cancel, nor alter your date for Bronco Off-Rodeo Screenshot_20210727-103906_Outlook

Ford Bronco [Warning] Its not free to cancel, nor alter your date for Bronco Off-Rodeo trump-swan-axios

I'm flabbergasted that they take a $150 fee just to change your date (!). In a world of good customer service from the likes of Amazon, and other large companies, I thought this would be a no Brainer.

Anyway just had to vent 🤯
Sponsored

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Kinda lame that you can't reschedule within a reasonable timeframe.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow that’s BS. I can see if you cancelled within a few days, but a few months out…? Cmon Ford

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah I read that on the sign up page

😂
Yay for you... someone who reads the fine print. ;)

@Vigor they gotta collect money to help pay for all the bad hard tops they sent out... what did you expect? 🤷‍♂️

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With this dumpster fire of a launch, I would hope they’d waive that fee… even if it was “one time only” and within 48+ hours of the reservation date or something. Where they could easily fill that spot and not leave them hanging.

bbkat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I wanted to get in quick but that fine print slowed my row (roll?). Gotta be extra sure.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if we can use our $250 vouchers for this 'experience add-on'?

Or will that not be possible like the merch?

Totally unbelievable Justin for something that is still months away.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They want to discourage people changing their reservations and/or canceling at the last minute. It's like "change order" fees in construction.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yay for you... someone who reads the fine print. ;)

@Vigor they gotta collect money to help pay for all the bad hard tops they sent out... what did you expect? 🤷‍♂️
Idk whether to laugh or cry
Yeah, I wanted to get in quick but that fine print slowed my row (roll?). Gotta be extra sure.
Youre a smarter person than me

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They want to discourage people changing their reservations and/or canceling at the last minute. It's like "change order" fees in construction.
Makes sense. But someone had suggested that they should offer "free change/cancel within X amount of days"

That to me would be reasonable.

Now that they're taking 150 from me whether I go [on a different date] or not go, I really don't wanna go and give em any more of my money.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Makes sense. But someone had suggested that they offer "free change/cancel within X amount of days"

That to me would be reasonable.

Maybe. If Ford outsourced this to an event management company, they likely have their own processes for how they manage events and participants.

Reasonable people think like you, and I agree. The bitch is that these companies have to create policies for the unreasonable people who game the system. It sucks though.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this is just a warning for those who rushed to book off rodeo when they opened up the other locations and didn't read the fine lines.

I booked early September. The wife reminded me that we have something that weekend. So I emailed off rodeo HQ to move my date to early October to a time when I know she will be at a Bachelorette party and I had the weekend to myself.

They never responded.
Feeling a bit disenfranchised by the Bronco delays, plus also getting to finally test drive the Bronco -- satisfying that itch (loved it btw), I felt I'd save the 6.5 hrs drive from PA to Vermont or where it is and just wait for my Bronco to arrive and learn off roading tips on my own.

So I emailed them again this morning asking how to cancel. They got back immediately and said it's a 150 dollar fee to cancel.

Ford Bronco [Warning] Its not free to cancel, nor alter your date for Bronco Off-Rodeo trump-swan-axios

Ok a bit ridiculous but fine

So I reply back asking again how I can just move the date and they send me this.

I'm flabbergasted that they take a $150 fee just to change your date (!). In a world of good customer service from the likes of Amazon, and other large companies, I thought this would be a no Brainer.

Anyway just had to vent 🤯
That is opposite of what I was told over the phone! I am going to the one in Texas Labor Day weekend which was the latest available date for the Texas site at the time. So I asked if a later date opened up could I change to a later date and the man said yes, you get one free date change!

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is opposite of what I was told over the phone! I am going to the one in Texas Labor Day weekend which was the latest available date for the Texas site at the time. So I asked if a later date opened up could I change to a later date and the man said yes, you get one free date change!
Thank for sharing. It's possible they changed their policies after Texas. For instance, they changed it from a 2 day event to a 1 day event. I'm going to fight this. I'll use your anecdote as ammunition.

Thanks again
Sponsored