Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 2016 Ford Mustang Convertible in Race Red and also two black decal racing stripes.
I drive it year round in Michigan and it gets hit with salt, snow, ice, etc.
So far, I don't see any issues with it at all.
I couple of pictures of it. Next to a 1965 and in the snow...

Mustangs head on.jpeg

Mustang in the snow.jpeg
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Might be a good idea to see how the new Ranger’s paint is holding up. Since, it’s going to be painted in the same plant.

Update: I took my own advice and looked up Ranger paint issues. I’m a bit worried now. ?

Last edited:

Dooms

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How is the white holding up? Oxford White is currently my leading candidate for my Bronco.
OW is a great colour! I ts a flat white but it can get very bright in the sun, especially in the winter when it blends in with the snow. Hard as hell to keep clean but very nice when it is. I would go for OW again but that Area 51 is too irresistible for me right now ?

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OW is a great colour! I ts a flat white but it can get very bright in the sun, especially in the winter when it blends in with the snow. Hard as hell to keep clean but very nice when it is. I would go for OW again but that Area 51 is too irresistible for me right now ?
The Cactus Grey is the one tempting me to stray from OW! I’m just afraid that in 5/10/15 years I’ll get tired of the color. I’ll always like white. ??‍♂

stik0401

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang and new Bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Concerning matching paint colors, they are all challenging if not done correctly.

A good shop will blend into the surrounding panels and then clear coat to the nearest seam. This method makes the variance in paint mixes pretty much impossible to see.

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep, my original choice was OW, and it may very well be what I end up getting, but the Area 51 is looking pretty good lately now that it looks just blue and no green/teal, and the devil on my shoulder keeps whispering "Race Red Race Red Race Red". I think Im down to those 3. Today.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update: I took my own advice and looked up Ranger paint issues. I’m a bit worried now. ?
Maybe Bronco can be ordered UNPAINTED? From the Ranger forum 10 months ago:

Hi Folks,

"Michigan Truck Plant has to get their act together. This paint quality is unacceptable. The Plant Manager needs to be removes for allowing this to happen. There is no excuse for this poor quality. The buck stops at the Plant Manager. He is doing a very poor job as he is geared to production for his bonus, not vehicle quality. I so wish Allen Malay was back in charge than the "Pretty Boy" Mark Fields or this POS, Jim Hacket of Steelcase Office Furniture....Sheesh! We need a Product Engineer at the helm of Ford....Hope the 3rd quarter dismal failure ends Hackets tenure of CEO...He needs to go."

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a shop put a clear coat of plastic paint protection on my raptor. The guy that owned the shop was upset that he quoted me so low. I only took it down one really super narrow trail and it left scratches in the plastic. The shop owner thinks he could get them out with a heat gun, but haven't tried yet. I could also remove the wrap in theory and the paint would be perfect underneath. In theory.
Guys that go to the track often put big blue sheets of protection for while they are on the track. Perhaps that would be a better way to protect the paint if you aren't out on the trails all the time.

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Folks a good paint protection film on the hood, side fenders and A pillar and ceramic coating over the whole bronco is all your going to need for good protection from rock chips and easy maintenance. Also maybe the windshield protection film too...

Norsman

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a shop put this stuff on my wife's VW atlas... 1 year now and not a scratch or chip. https://www.xpel.com

It is on the forward facing parts but you can literally have the entire car done. I like the idea of a ceramic coating as well.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the heads up!

If anything, if I have $$$ to spare, I'll switch from Red to Orange, then have the shop next door paint it a real Orange instead ?

Ford Bronco Warning on Race Red color img_10212

OP
OP
Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is this just the camera? Because it looks really orange
1596335353879.png
It is partly the camera, but not entirely. The orange undertones are undeniable, to the point that it did look orange-red in certain lighting. Usually just intense red in daylight, and never a dark red. At night under artificial lighting you would swear it was an orange car though. Still though, no one was ever confused when I told them to look for my red car.

I would say this is far more orange than say, Volkswagen's Tornado Red, which is what our Alltrack is (that's what we upgraded to to get enough legroom for rear-facing carseat behind the passenger seat). VW's color is very nearly a Boston red, just with slightly less blue in it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a shop put this stuff on my wife's VW atlas... 1 year now and not a scratch or chip. https://www.xpel.com

It is on the forward facing parts but you can literally have the entire car done. I like the idea of a ceramic coating as well.
Thanks for the recommendation!
Sponsored