pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I typically keep my Bronco parked in my garage with the doors off. Every single time I start it up in the garage, I get all this warnings. It usually takes about 5 - 7 seconds for them to clear but the E Break is always engaged (without me engaging it).
It only happens randomly when I'm parked anywhere outside of my garage with the doors off (never happens when doors are on)
I've tested all theories. On inclines, near walls where the sensors will go off, flat surfaces, with seat belt engaged, etc. It doesn't matter, it's always random outside of the garage.

Anyone else have this issue? I don't want to take it into the dealership if it's normal.

Also anyone else have to sometime turn their radio off and on to get sound to come out? (Bluetooth connected, will show the song is playing but not sound until I press the power button off then on again. Then it works fine)

20220525_161457.jpg

20220525_161459.jpg

20220525_161502.jpg

20220525_161506.jpg
Sponsored

Redrooster33

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes! This is happening to me too. First with doors on, on a few occasions. I took it to the dealer, they ran tests an said everything was ok. Then, I recently took my doors off and it happened almost at every start. I put the doors back on and haven’t had it happen since.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I typically keep my Bronco parked in my garage with the doors off. Every single time I start it up in the garage, I get all this warnings. It usually takes about 5 - 7 seconds for them to clear but the E Break is always engaged (without me engaging it).
It only happens randomly when I'm parked anywhere outside of my garage with the doors off (never happens when doors are on)
I've tested all theories. On inclines, near walls where the sensors will go off, flat surfaces, with seat belt engaged, etc. It doesn't matter, it's always random outside of the garage.

Anyone else have this issue? I don't want to take it into the dealership if it's normal.

Also anyone else have to sometime turn their radio off and on to get sound to come out? (Bluetooth connected, will show the song is playing but not sound until I press the power button off then on again. Then it works fine)

Ford Bronco Warnings when starting 20220525_161506

Hi there! Send a message to us with your VIN and the name & location of your Ford dealership, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

OP
OP

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes! This is happening to me too. First with doors on, on a few occasions. I took it to the dealer, they ran tests an said everything was ok. Then, I recently took my doors off and it happened almost at every start. I put the doors back on and haven’t had it happen since.
Does your park brake automatically engage as well?

Redrooster33

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It does. But when I hit the gas, it releases.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same (with the doors off).
Oddly enough I have found it happens rarely if I buckle the seatbelt PRIOR to starting it.
On occasion it will still do it, but it was every time without buckling up first.
Who knows?!

OP
OP

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It does. But when I hit the gas, it releases.
My does nothing even when I hit the gas. I have to press the button to release the brake.
Did Ford reach out to you? I'm currently PM them with my info. They are looking into it.

Redrooster33

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just sent Ford a message. Thank you for getting this started. Please keep me updated. I’ll do the same.

OP
OP

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same (with the doors off).
Oddly enough I have found it happens rarely if I buckle the seatbelt PRIOR to starting it.
On occasion it will still do it, but it was every time without buckling up first.
Who knows?!
I thought that was the issue but when i buckle first it doesn't change anything. I even thought maybe it needed to load so I would press the ignition without my foot on the brake to turn in the screen and let it load. Nope, no difference.

Bl4ckf1n

Outer Banks
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep/Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i also get this almost every time with doors off. been crappy down here in florida lately though, so i haven't had them off in a while.

Sponsored

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same happened to me, almost exactly as you described. No issues once put back on, but haven't taken them off a second time yet.

BroncoBenny

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco and a new one too
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same exact issues with all the same warnings for me when I took the doors off. Glad I am not the only one. Maybe Ford will get this fixed. Wierd that it engages the parking brake too. Thought it was a fluke the first time it did it. But it has been doing it every time. Even when I have my seatbelt buckled.

NotaJeep

First Edition
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Same issue here with warnings and E brake engaging automatically. You get any response from Ford?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same exact issues with all the same warnings for me when I took the doors off. Glad I am not the only one. Maybe Ford will get this fixed. Wierd that it engages the parking brake too. Thought it was a fluke the first time it did it. But it has been doing it every time. Even when I have my seatbelt buckled.
Hi there. This concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

WLDTRK

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi there. This concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Mine also throws a bunch of warnings and engages the e-brake on startup. If there is a solution I would love to keep it from chiming a dozen times everytime i start up with the doors off. and the e-brake is so annoying. I just assumed it was normal for all these things to happen.
Sponsored