Sponsored

Warranty - Buy at Dealer A, Service at Dealer B?

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is only the second vehicle that I will have bought at a dealer. The current ride has been almost problem-free for nine years. I've not had to have any big warranty experiences.

So - if I buy the Bronco at Dealer A, which is about 60 miles away, can I have a warranty issue fixed at Dealer B, which is walking distance away? (Albeit, an hour's walk, and some unpleasantries on the way.)

Dealer A is where I bought my current vehicle, and where I've submitted my Bronco order on A/Z plan.

But Dealer B is close enough that if things are bad, I can actually walk there and back. Or at least an Uber isn't all that much money.

Will Dealer B honor the warranty on a vehicle purchased from Dealer A?
Sponsored

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is only the second vehicle that I will have bought at a dealer. The current ride has been almost problem-free for nine years. I've not had to have any big warranty experiences.

So - if I buy the Bronco at Dealer A, which is about 60 miles away, can I have a warranty issue fixed at Dealer B, which is walking distance away? (Albeit, an hour's walk, and some unpleasantries on the way.)

Dealer A is where I bought my current vehicle, and where I've submitted my Bronco order on A/Z plan.

But Dealer B is close enough that if things are bad, I can actually walk there and back. Or at least an Uber isn't all that much money.

The standard 3 yr/36,000 mile and or any "Ford" extended warranty will be honored at any "Ford" service department. The dealership and the service department are separate entities, service does not care where you bought your vehical.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So while a dealership can technically refuse to repair your vehicle unless it's a 'safety' item, that is very very rare.

Your warranty is valid at any Ford dealership across the country. Most of the time a service department doesn't even know that the sales department sold it

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have never bought a new Ford from the local dealer, but have always had them do warranty repairs and recalls, no questions asked.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you buy and extended warranty, only buy a genuine Ford Extended warranty, one that is honored at all Ford dealers, available from all Ford dealers, including ones that sell online at a discount.

https://fordprotect.ford.com/

Don't buy a home brew Dealer or third party extended warranty that forces you to return to the original dealer for work.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... Most of the time a service department doesn't even know that the sales department sold it
So true.

Had nightmare experience at a local Ford dealer, for a TSB (which became a recall) repair reimbursement. My ex-wife's Ford Fusion broke down on the interstate, 200 miles away, while on the way to a work function.

It was towed to a local dealer who helped my wife get into a rental/loaner because she was on her way to a conference.

They got her back on the road, but the vehicle had to go back to the local dealer once back in town. The local dealer's service department/service manager was a complete ass. At one point he said, I have discretion on reimbursements, and if you'd have bought vehicles here I'd have paid the reimbursement, but I don't know you from Adam.

I asked him if he thought the license plate frames with the dealer name was just something I bought to advertise his dealership, or if he thought they were on the vehicle because I like the name, or if maybe I never changed them after buying multiple vehicles, totaling over $100k in sales, there.

I was surprised, although I shouldn't have been, the service department had no tie to the sales department. I bought, and traded, multiple Ford vehicles through that dealer. I've bought my next two Fords at another dealer, further away, but more attentive.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So while a dealership can technically refuse to repair your vehicle unless it's a 'safety' item, that is very very rare.

Your warranty is valid at any Ford dealership across the country. Most of the time a service department doesn't even know that the sales department sold it
Not picking a fight but itā€™s the law. You have been extremely help with the bronco ordering process. If a ford dealership refuses to fix a warranty item it will be breach of warranty and Ford will be subject to a lawsuit Magnuson V moss.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford warranty is universal. However, our local dealer goes one step further. If you buy the extended warranty ( you can barter the price of the warranty), from them, then if your vehicle requires warranty work, they wave any deductible if you have the work done by them.

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Most Ford service department are competent and courteous. 1. They hope to earn your future repair business. 2. If the experience is good- maybe- just maybe you will buy your next vehicle there.
If you encounter an ass- just start going up the command chain to complain. If that doesnā€™t work - take to the internet.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This^

The service department doesn't give a shit where you got it from, they just want to get paid for the work performed. Under warranty means guaranteed revenue for them (albeit very poor revenue, but that's a rant for a different time).

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't forget Lincoln dealerships can do warranty work as well. All of our agency vehicles are bought at a large Ford dealership north of us and are serviced by a Lincoln dealership that is closest to our HQ.

GrandGrady

Big Bend
First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SuperCrew, 2022 4dr Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Shouldn't be a problem at all. We always buy vehicles in our neighbor Texas because they're always cheaper. Never even had a dealer mention that the car wasn't purchased there. We even have our Lincoln serviced by a Ford only dealer. A warranty is a warranty they really don't care.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not picking a fight but itā€™s the law. You have been extremely help with the bronco ordering process. If a ford dealership refuses to fix a warranty item it will be breach of warranty and Ford will be subject to a lawsuit Magnuson V moss.
I am not sure Ford would be a viable defendant, since under your scenario, they did not deny a claim and may not have known about it. I do not know if you would have a claim against Ford under an agency theory, but may be possible grounds.
Sponsored