First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco and F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I traded my Tacoma in for the bronco back in august after waiting a little over a year for it to be delivered. It immediately started making grinding noises and after struggling to find a local dealer to accept to do the warranty work (long story) I was able to get it looked at roughly 3 months after I received it. It’s been at the dealership ever since and I’ve been stuck with a compact SUV. Since the vehicle has had issues since I received it and had been at the dealership waiting for repairs for most of the time I’ve been paying for it, will ford extend my 3 year warranty?
Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good luck. I smacked a deer 6 months into Covid and my Ranger sat there for 4 months waiting on parts to be deemed road worthy. Even after that it was another two months until I had all of my safety features back. Not a peep out of ford. Traded it in before the warranty expired any ways so did not actually matter.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All you can do is ask Ford not the dealer. Yours is in for warranty not caused by you or nature, but a faulty part on Fords behalf. I would call Ford corporate and ask them, if your Service Manger is any good they could ask for you.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you asking if Ford will extend your warranty 3 years free of charge because of the repairs? I doubt they will do that. But of course it doesn't hurt to ask.

Or, are you asking if Ford will deny your purchase of an extended warranty because of the repairs? I doubt they will do that to. If you are looking to purchase I would recommend using Granger Ford or Flood Ford. They offer the same Ford backed warranty as your dealer (no matter what your dealer says) but for much much cheaper.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Call the Ford 1 800 number and tell them your concerns. Be very humble and use your “I need help mom” voice. Yelling and anger won’t get near as much as getting them to feel sorry for you. This has worked for me with Ford and other companies.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dylan518

Dylan518

Black Diamond
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco and F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you asking if Ford will extend your warranty 3 years free of charge because of the repairs? I doubt they will do that. But of course it doesn't hurt to ask.

Or, are you asking if Ford will deny your purchase of an extended warranty because of the repairs? I doubt they will do that to. If you are looking to purchase I would recommend using Granger Ford or Flood Ford. They offer the same Ford backed warranty as your dealer (no matter what your dealer says) but for much much cheaper.
I’m asking if they will extend the factory warranty since it’s been sitting at a dealership for 4 months waiting on parts. I might have to buy an extended warranty seeing as how “reliable” the truck has been so far.

OP
OP
Dylan518

Dylan518

Black Diamond
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco and F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s sad it’s come to this. I miss my Toyota more everyday as I get into May automatic escape for the 4th straight month
Call the Ford 1 800 number and tell them your concerns. Be very humble and use your “I need help mom” voice. Yelling and anger won’t get near as much as getting them to feel sorry for you. This has worked for me with Ford and other companies.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As a result of some of the A/C debacle with my Mustang, Ford offered me an ESP extension and a service plan at no cost to me.

While I've had some mixed experiences with dealers, Ford Corporate has always taken care of me.

I received this after the repairs were completed as compensation for dealer errors and delays.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s sad it’s come to this. I miss my Toyota more everyday as I get into May automatic escape for the 4th straight month
I hate it for you. You have nothing to lose by calling Ford. Call them twice a week, you’ll get someone who is sympathetic to your situation.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

File a complaint with BBB. I did I got a free extended ford protect warranty for turbo problems off the dealer lot. Filing a complaint with bbb takes only 15 minutes online.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Are you having the grinding manual transmission issue? Unless your dealer said it's undrivable others are still using theirs. Yes it's loud when cold but still functions and would at least get you back in your Bronco.

OP
OP
Dylan518

Dylan518

Black Diamond
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco and F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you having the grinding manual transmission issue? Unless your dealer said it's undrivable others are still using theirs. Yes it's loud when cold but still functions and would at least get you back in your Bronco.
Yeah having the grinding noise, they think it’s the slave cylinder, I think it’s the transmission. Either way they say I can’t drive it

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP
OP
Dylan518

Dylan518

Black Diamond
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco and F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I read through most of it. No one else says it was the slave cylinder and I don’t understand how it couple be if the clutch engaging and disengaging doesn’t effect the grinding noise
I found that engaging the clutch makes the noise go away. YMMV of course. I've also read of a few users who had their tranny replaced only for the noise to come back.
Sponsored