Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Shit happens. Not just to you. To everybody. I’m sure there’s been projects you’ve started that didn’t go as planned. Imagine if you had…well….”YOU” breathing down your neck every time you run into another set back. Hardly conducive for solving the problem quickly.

Try to be a little more understanding
Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shit happens. Not just to you. To everybody. I’m sure there’s been projects you’ve started that didn’t go as planned. Imagine if you had…well….”YOU” breathing down your neck every time you run into another set back. Hardly conducive for solving the problem quickly.

Which Ford store are you a tech at?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There’s a whole set of new gears that have to get a bit of use. My personal feeling is that the clutch is bit soft as well. Going to have it checked in the next day or so.
But when brand new the gears had no use. Rebuilt it should act exactly as it did at delivery. No different break-in.

Is clutch actually soft or has it been so long since you last rowed gears (if they gave you a service loner it would hVe been automatic)

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But to schedule a job without parts on hand? That's days with vehicle just sitting g on dealer lot. Unless vehicle has been tagged out of service then it should be still being driven until parts srrive.

OP
OP
JC2DR

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
But when brand new the gears had no use. Rebuilt it should act exactly as it did at delivery. No different break-in.

Is clutch actually soft or has it been so long since you last rowed gears (if they gave you a service loner it would hVe been automatic)
Could be the time in between use. Not really a big deal. They want to check it anyway.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But to schedule a job without parts on hand? That's days with vehicle just sitting g on dealer lot. Unless vehicle has been tagged out of service then it should be still being driven until parts srrive.
IIRC - they had parts on hand. Wasn’t until they got into the job that they found another part was needed.

Like that’s never happened to any of us :whistle:

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m hoping I don’t have warranty repairs before or during my Moab and CO off roading trip in Aug.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a total dealer failure. Appointment in 2 weeks, parts should have been ordered and in, if not, a phone call resetting the appointment. Compare and contrast with my experience. Called for an oil change/tire rotation and gave them the service bulletin notice notice for my well documented headlight switch failure. Hour and a half later, headlight switch fixed, tires rotated, oil changed. Parts were on hand. Dealers vary in customer service...

OP
OP
JC2DR

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
IIRC - they had parts on hand. Wasn’t until they got into the job that they found another part was needed.

Like that’s never happened to any of us :whistle:
That happened to me as well. They had the parts as per the SB, but when they opened it they found they needed another part. Also, when speaking with the tech there were some other minor things that were needed to finish that they had to get as well. Listening to the tech and parts guys, Ford is not exactly following though on every respect to these kinds of repairs.

OP
OP
JC2DR

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

You make perfect sense, normally it’s an easy thing to do. However, when you are told it will take a week and then on the day you get there and are told it will take a few more days, then on that day there is a part that’s now needed and it will take even more time. That’s not right. If you tell me that it will take 3 weeks or 4weeks, that’s fine, I’m patient. But when you keep moving the goalposts and not calling to tell me? I don‘t care at that point whose neck I’m breathing down. To be fair, it wasn’t the tech that had me angry. (I was terribly incorrect about him in my original post) my tech is really good. Fascinating to talk to about the repair. And from what everyone in that dealership said as well as others outside the dealership that know him tell me, he’s the best around. It was more a customer service issue for me.
Sponsored

Last edited: