Sponsored

Warthog vs Rubicon 392 ( Car and Driver)

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Everybody relax with all this crazy talk that Ford failed because Jeep is releasing the 392, and blah blah blah, Ford didnt fail, the goal was to bring back one of the most iconic suv's and make it one of the best selling and best off roading vehicles on the road. And while we are waiting to see the end results so far with looks and sales they are doing better then planned and def not failing. Jeep can have a 70 or 80k 392 Jeep but being priced that high doesnt sell so thats not what Ford wanted right away bringing the Bronco back. And once the warthog gets released hp will be a lot closer if not better if they want and still have the better looking vehicle. So everyone relax with all the negative comments and relax and have a little faith in the Bronco, or go buy the 392 Jeep if you have the 80k to spend.
Welcome, nice to have another new member that can see through some of the crap that gets slung around here and make sound and reasonable arguments without being argumentative. (y)(y)(y)
Sponsored

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you will all be surprised at the low price of the 392 Wrangler, in the Ram pickups the hemi upgrade from the V6 is only $1500. Not sure why people keep comparing it to the cost of a diesel.
But to do it in a GC trailhawk it’s 3395 for a 5.7 and 3895 for a 5.7 in summit I think.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone who thinks performance and sound environmental practice are mutually exclusive needs to take a spin in my Tesla. I know it doesn’t make V8 noises, but Randy Pobst lapped one faster than a Ferrari 458 Italia at the Streets of Willow. Also, I actually really like the sound of the electric motors. It sounds like a freaking Tie Fighter from Star Wars when you stomp on it.

Edit: My point is that I have every confidence that the 3.5 eco boost (or even 3.0) will easily whip the 392 in performance and fuel economy.

Edit edit: But the 392 will sound cooler.
People tend to forget that electric vehicles still need fossil fuels to create the electricity and the environmental impact that making those batteries has. Mining the lithium, flying it to China for processing, then back to the states for assembly. Then the real issue will come when they need to be disposed of properly. Most electric car "enthusiasts" will have owned their first and last one. There are no free rides.

Last edited by a moderator:

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Umm, ok.
Ford Bronco Warthog vs Rubicon 392 ( Car and Driver) Screenshot_20201117-204322_Chrome

The US is absolutely not the leading exporter. China makes more lithium batteries than anyone in the world.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Warthog vs Rubicon 392 ( Car and Driver) Screenshot_20201117-204855_Chrome

Sponsored

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to get on the kool aid wagon but no the USA is not. Also you’re statement does not make sense.

Edit: never mind everyone else beat me to it.

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What exactly is the point you are trying to make? Even your source says China makes more batteries.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is direct from Tesla that shows where resources come from. The jet fuel and diesel from agrigating these resources to Nevada more that offset the trees saved by building a Tesla. Don't take this as me being anti Tesla, it just needs to be understood that we are shielded from what happens behind the curtain.
Ford Bronco Warthog vs Rubicon 392 ( Car and Driver) Screenshot_20201117-205838_Chrome

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you will all be surprised at the low price of the 392 Wrangler, in the Ram pickups the hemi upgrade from the V6 is only $1500. Not sure why people keep comparing it to the cost of a diesel.
Yeah but thats going up from v6 to the 5.7 liter, the 6.4 liter will cost more, and its not just the couple thousand on the engine, they built up the frame, way better exhaust, 2 inch lift, better fox shocks, and a upgraded screen and other features from the regular Rubicon, So if a Rubicon with most of the features this new 392 will have puts you over 60 thousand right now then its only common sense that a new Rubicon with all the new features and engine that i just named plus more will be a good bit more then 60k. But me and a lot of others might be wrong, they could sell it for the same price they sell a Rubicon for now with all the key features for a little over 60k but then no one would buy the Regular Rubicon and it would be very bad for business. So i guess we will see, you could be right, IDK i mean i hope you are i just dont see it.

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last time I checked Hong Kong was part of China. 20.2% is a lot more than 15.
Sponsored