Warthog vs Rubicon 392 ( Car and Driver)

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Hey @Administrator ..... can there be a dedicated thread created for the Electric / Lithium / Non-Direct Warthog vs Rubicon 392 discussion?

Asking for a friend.

Advertisement

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
Holy crap! I was like “my Tesla is really fast and eco boost engines can be more fuel efficient and still make boatloads of power” and y’all went off on a 5 page war. I’ve never really understood the “car” guys that are so invested in discrediting and hating on electric cars. To me, it’s just another type of drivetrain to enjoy for its inherent qualities. I don’t want to race an electric (have a dedicated Porsche race car), I don’t want to tow with it (7.3 Excursion), and I don’t want to take Sunday pleasure cruises in it either (that’s usually the old Mustang). But on long road trips or daily commuting, you really can’t beat it. It’s comfortable, quiet, smooth, and when I’m really fatigued, it will basically drive itself. It’s clear that fuel economy regulations are going to continue ratcheting up. My point was that we don’t have to be afraid of getting completely neutered “performance” cars like the 70s. Today’s environmentally friendly cars can smoke the doors off the big block muscle cars of the good ole days. To me, this is a win for all of us.
If I had your money I would also have five cars to drive around depending on my mood! LMAO

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RubiTrux in Boone NC won’t be excited to see the 392 Jeep as they do HEMI conversions that exceed $100k....
They will just switch to putting V8's in the Bronco. LOL

Paint

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Vehicle Showcase
This thread is amazing.

Also, that Jeep is gonna be marked up to the stratosphere and MSRP at least 70-75k to start.

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
competition is a wonderful thing...

BroncoTRDPro

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro, Grand Cherokee, H3, DMC-12
Vehicle Showcase
I am a huge Jeep and Dodge fan mostly because they throw up a collective middle finger to fuel economy. Their answer is always throw a large displacement V8 with a lot of horsepower in an aging products to keep it fresh - see Charger and Challenger. That strategy may come back to bite them with electrification coming and if gas goes up again. Ford canceling all their cars for “SUVs” is another possible bad move. This Jeep 392 is special because we won’t see vehicles like this anymore soon. Also, save the manuals!

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am a huge Jeep and Dodge fan mostly because they throw up a collective middle finger to fuel economy. Their answer is always throw a large displacement V8 with a lot of horsepower in an aging products to keep it fresh - see Charger and Challenger. That strategy may come back to bite them with electrification coming and if gas goes up again. Ford canceling all their cars for “SUVs” is another possible bad move. This Jeep 392 is special because we won’t see vehicles like this anymore soon. Also, save the manuals!
I thought the same thing about Ford dropping all sedans but I guess technically the Mach E will be considered a sedan although all electric.

gentlemanbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Clubs

Ford GT 660 HP 3.5 Ecoboost but Fords not gonna do that. They should at least tune it to 450 with more torque than the 392 Wranglers.

I can’t believe this Jeep is going to come out before we even get our early reservation Broncos. And it’s going to have over 150 more HP than the 2.7. Another Ford fail.
It's not like Ford had to engineer an entire new vehicle or anything.....
Ford is refunding reservations last I checked.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My favorite part of the 392 pipe-dream is the cost estimate "The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 will go on sale in the U.S. early next year and should cost around $60,000."....yeah right..if they mean the base version will start at about $62K and work its way up......

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Clubs

My favorite part of the 392 pipe-dream is the cost estimate "The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 will go on sale in the U.S. early next year and should cost around $60,000."....yeah right..if they mean the base version will start at about $62K and work its way up......
My buddy owns a dealership. He has 5 on order. $67-74k is what he told me.

Frank N

Base
First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Clubs

the base is 60k, and 1500 for delivery.
Do you want any options? Like a steering wheel and seats? That's 5k... LOL

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah what’s up with no pricing on the 392?

gentlemanbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Clubs

I think the Warthog will be priced a bit more affordable, only because the raptor is already in that price range. I don't see why the bronco version would be pricier, unless theres something I'm missing.

Advertisement

Advertisement