Sponsored

Warthog vs Rubicon 392 ( Car and Driver)

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No need to make jokes to get the attention of you being wrong out of the spotlight. We can still be friends. I'm done here..
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This looks like a fun thread. BTW 3.0, 3.5 and electrics are lame, you might as well just drive a turbo civic.

you can make anything fast, you can’t make anything cool and V8’s are cool.

392 FTW.

Ford Bronco Warthog vs Rubicon 392 ( Car and Driver) 1605675672335

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you will all be surprised at the low price of the 392 Wrangler, in the Ram pickups the hemi upgrade from the V6 is only $1500. Not sure why people keep comparing it to the cost of a diesel.
Talking 2 different hemis here. 5.7 is not the same as the 392.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ouch but remember short wheelbase locked rear on ice,lots of new bronco owners about to hit the road in 35 frog popper locked lifted broncos next winter what could go wrong lol.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Me proven wrong, where? I'm the only one who has provided anything other than talk. Including from Tesla direct.

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just to be clear, I never admitted being wrong, I admit having batteries on the brain when I typed in a google search and inadvertantly added the word batteries. Regardless it brought up several instances of you being totally incorrect. You have provided nothing to back up you claims of the US being the largest lithium and or lithium battery exporters and seem to be having a hard time owning up to that. I'm man enough to admit a mistyped search, can you admit you were proven wrong?

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy crap! I was like “my Tesla is really fast and eco boost engines can be more fuel efficient and still make boatloads of power” and y’all went off on a 5 page war. I’ve never really understood the “car” guys that are so invested in discrediting and hating on electric cars. To me, it’s just another type of drivetrain to enjoy for its inherent qualities. I don’t want to race an electric (have a dedicated Porsche race car), I don’t want to tow with it (7.3 Excursion), and I don’t want to take Sunday pleasure cruises in it either (that’s usually the old Mustang). But on long road trips or daily commuting, you really can’t beat it. It’s comfortable, quiet, smooth, and when I’m really fatigued, it will basically drive itself. It’s clear that fuel economy regulations are going to continue ratcheting up. My point was that we don’t have to be afraid of getting completely neutered “performance” cars like the 70s. Today’s environmentally friendly cars can smoke the doors off the big block muscle cars of the good ole days. To me, this is a win for all of us.

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not spending +$65k on an out dated and uncomfortable off roader. 2.7L BD for the win! Priced it at $47k.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
you might as well just drive a turbo civic.

you can make anything fast, you can’t make anything cool and V8’s are cool.

392 FTW.

Ha ha. My wife drives a turbo civic. I also have a 311hp turbo charged sport bike for the crazy hair days (I’m a bald guy but you get the meaning). I know how turbos can put out the power and respect them but dayum that 392 sounded SWEET! Nothing sounds as good as a built NA motor. Gonna agree that V8’s are cool ?.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha ha. My wife drives a turbo civic. I also have a 311hp turbo charged sport bike for the crazy hair days (I’m a bald guy but you get the meaning). I know how turbos can put out the power and respect them but dayum that 392 sounded SWEET! Nothing sounds as good as a built NA motor. Gonna agree that V8’s are cool ?.
Lol that sport bike would scare the hell out of me! I’m an old school, NA, big V8 rumble kind of guy lol. I respect fast but I can’t stand lawnmower civics and their high pitched exhaust lol.

But, yep!! I am biased since I own the 392! But it sounds amazing and feels even better!

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok, we've established it was a mind fart for me to put the word battery in the search to prove your statement wrong. I was multitasking. Your retarted if you think anyone really thinks lipos come out of the ground. I even established in another post where the main raw materials come from. You said the US is the largest exporter of lithium batteries and have yet to prove my provided documents wrong. You and megatwit got butthurt that I established that electrics aren't as eco friendly as you "earth hero's" think and are trying you use the mining batteries thing to distract from the fact that you have been proven wrong. This is a JR High tactic. Show me where my documentation is wrong and your statement that the US is the largest exporter of lithium batteries or lithium. Just for fun, here's a picture of a few lithium batteries I have that are not in service right now. I also included some parts and pieces from my soldering station that I use to build battery packs, several lithium chargers, a 2021 Bronco (so you know it's actually my pic) and a few ASE Master Certified Tech plaques you get every time you recertify. You know, just in case you want to act like you know more about cars than me too.

Ford Bronco Warthog vs Rubicon 392 ( Car and Driver) 20201118_081529

Last edited:

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That 392 sounds great, the power, the torque, 0-60 in 4.5secs, oh lord.

*IBTL
Sponsored