Sponsored

Was “Planning for Moab” - NOW “Off-Rodeo Reservation CONFIRMED!” - Some questions....

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree, stay on site. Spend the money. Go to Arches and Canyonlands. Spend a day at each. You'll leave religious.

I did this back in Feb. I also took a heli tour of arches and canyonlands. It put the area into perspective and it was worth it to me, but that's $$$.

You are going to love it.
Sponsored

crashandburn

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rusty Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stayed here in Moab for $132 a night and it was great. Just a group of tiny houses. Check out the reviews. Although the drive along the river up to GJ is awesome, I would not do that. If you have extra time, go to Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. There are some cool drives through there that are off road but not difficult. Check these out.
I'm glad to hear this. We're going in October and we booked one of the tiny houses for our stay there (we'll be hiking for a few days too). Thanks!

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm a Moab novice, but there's so much to do and see! The drive to the Offroadeo site itself is breathtaking. Chicken Corners and Long Canyon Road are 2 very easy trails with great views. Fins & Things isn't the most technically challenging trail, but more challenging than the previous 2.

Arches and Canyonlands are other musts. I regret not making it to Canyonlands yet! Dead Horse Point is lovely as well!

Last edited:

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was in Moab for 2.5 days with my dad recently and had a blast. Some of the easy trails were breathtaking. We did Top of the World but I wouldn’t recommend it without experience and if you don’t have a lot of time. It took us 7 hrs round trip from Moab and was worth it because it was on my bucket list and I wanted a challenge, but there is so much other beauty in Moab that I think you should pass on that on.

Arches is great but requires a reservation unless arriving late (after 5 or 6 I think), which still gives you a few hours leading up to sunset. And/or you can take a trail ride in to Eye of the Whale, and then into a side entrance of the park. We arrived to Moab mid/late afternoon and took that option but also had a reservation for sunrise another day.
Ford Bronco Was “Planning for Moab” - NOW “Off-Rodeo Reservation CONFIRMED!” - Some questions.... 1660049348623

Ford Bronco Was “Planning for Moab” - NOW “Off-Rodeo Reservation CONFIRMED!” - Some questions.... 1660049307926

I loved Canyonlands. We took Gemini Bridge trail towards Canyonlands.
Ford Bronco Was “Planning for Moab” - NOW “Off-Rodeo Reservation CONFIRMED!” - Some questions.... 1660049576354

After enjoying the views from above, took Shafer Trail/Potash Road out of cayonlands, down the mesa and experienced some of the same canyons and rivers from a totally different (and more secluded) perspective. Easy amazing trails.
Ford Bronco Was “Planning for Moab” - NOW “Off-Rodeo Reservation CONFIRMED!” - Some questions.... 1660049144446

Ford Bronco Was “Planning for Moab” - NOW “Off-Rodeo Reservation CONFIRMED!” - Some questions.... 1660049206665

Before leaving Moab the last day we did Hurrah Pass. Another easy but beautiful trail. I believe it leads to chicken corners, but we didn’t have time.
Ford Bronco Was “Planning for Moab” - NOW “Off-Rodeo Reservation CONFIRMED!” - Some questions.... 1660049028817

Bring lots of water. Even on easy popular trails, you may not see many people. If doing Arches and/or Canyonlands, I recommend GyPSy Guide app (gps based self-guided tour). It added a lot of context and information; some history and which overlooks are must see, etc.

edit: lastly, sleep when you get home 😊 make the most of your days. those three hours at night or in the morning can make lifelong memories

Last edited:

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a Moab novice, but there's so much to do and see! The drive to the Offroadeo site itself is breathtaking. Chicken Fingers and Long Canyon Road are 2 very easy trails with great views. Fins & Things isn't the most technically challenging trail, but more challenging than the previous 2.

Arches and Canyonlands are other musts. I regret not making it to Canyonlands yet! Dead Horse Point is lovely as well!
Did you possibly mean "Chicken Corners"?

Reactions: abe

Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you possibly mean "Chicken Corners"?
😂😂😂😂 yes, yes I did! I was hungry when typing that. My stomach subconsciously telling me to eat.

Benzito

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If not in Moab, try the next town before or after (in Utah) on that main highway. I think GJ is too far and you aren't factoring in the what-if that could lead to a late arrival at the Off-Roadeo.

MBLANCHARD

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone also mentioned, we stayed at the KOA in Moab. It was great, we did tent camping, but they have showers, a pool and a store with anything you need. The cabins looked very nice there also. Off-Rodeo was only about 30 minutes away.

OP
OP
LoneRider

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All good info, keep it coming.

We have decided to bite the bullet and pay to stay closer.

Next question, once I make my rodeo reservation can a guest be added or cancelled for refund?

I want to get the spot reserved but the guy I am going with hasn’t given me a definitive answer (or cash).

Sponsored

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have the time, Onion Creek is a beautiful trail. It’s easy, ton of small creek crossings will take you about 2 hours or so. It is about 5 miles from the Off Roadeo site.

0079002E-59B6-4C9B-BD86-1D2A86AC45CF.jpeg

E09BCA9F-0520-45E5-B5FD-B9AEC25AB5DC.jpeg

F795EBE7-0DEE-4EFD-8F10-3C944E00D5AB.jpeg

OP
OP
LoneRider

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All good info folks, keep it coming!

Confirmed my reservations today. Will be doing the Off-Rodeo on Sat. Sept 10th! Staying in Moab at the LaQuinta Inn and Suites, not at the fancy resort ($1200/night just WAAYYYY too steep for me)

Reservations for Arches on Sun 9/11, will find something else to do on 9/12 and head for home on Tue 9/13. Getting pretty excited!

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All good info folks, keep it coming!

Confirmed my reservations today. Will be doing the Off-Rodeo on Sat. Sept 10th! Staying in Moab at the LaQuinta Inn and Suites, not at the fancy resort ($1200/night just WAAYYYY too steep for me)

Reservations for Arches on Sun 9/11, will find something else to do on 9/12 and head for home on Tue 9/13. Getting pretty excited!
We have been twice. Once for the Bronco and once for the Bronco Sport. The last time we stayed at the Expedition Lodge right in the middle of town. It was clean and very reasonable for the 'relatively' affordable price. They even have an edible breakfast buffet included. It's not the Ritz, but it beats driving 2 hours before and after the long day.

I also recommend Arches. Check the website, but I think if you enter before 6:30am or so they do not require reservations. And sunrise in the park is awesome.

Ford Bronco Was “Planning for Moab” - NOW “Off-Rodeo Reservation CONFIRMED!” - Some questions.... IMG_0247

Ford Bronco Was “Planning for Moab” - NOW “Off-Rodeo Reservation CONFIRMED!” - Some questions.... IMG_0268
Ford Bronco Was “Planning for Moab” - NOW “Off-Rodeo Reservation CONFIRMED!” - Some questions.... IMG_1389
Ford Bronco Was “Planning for Moab” - NOW “Off-Rodeo Reservation CONFIRMED!” - Some questions.... IMG_1465

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yep and to get into Arches now requires a reservation.
Or you can go in via the Willow Springs Road or Sand Flats Road without a timed reservation. Sand Flats is mainly a dirt road, Willow Springs is a bit more rocky, but not extreme....

OP
OP
LoneRider

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have been twice. Once for the Bronco and once for the Bronco Sport. The last time we stayed at the Expedition Lodge right in the middle of town. It was clean and very reasonable for the 'relatively' affordable price. They even have an edible breakfast buffet included. It's not the Ritz, but it beats driving 2 hours before and after the long day.

I also recommend Arches. Check the website, but I think if you enter before 6:30am or so they do not require reservations. And sunrise in the park is awesome.

Ford Bronco Was “Planning for Moab” - NOW “Off-Rodeo Reservation CONFIRMED!” - Some questions.... IMG_1465

WOW 😲 great shots, me and my buddy who is going with me are both photography’s geeks and that is exactly what we are looking for.

Didn’t realize you can get in early without a reservation, earliest we could get was noon. We are both early risers so if we can get in early we will b e all over that!
Sponsored