Sponsored

Was “Planning for Moab” - NOW “Off-Rodeo Reservation CONFIRMED!” - Some questions....

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WOW 😲 great shots, me and my buddy who is going with me are both photography’s geeks and that is exactly what we are looking for.

Didn’t realize you can get in early without a reservation, earliest we could get was noon. We are both early risers so if we can get in early we will b e all over that!
For sunrise, we went to a place called the Windows, with something like seven arches Near each other. There were about 60 people there to watch the sun come up. It was awesome, but a little hard to get pictures without people in them. Go take the hike out to delicate arch a little further into the park.
Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For sunrise, we went to a place called the Windows, with something like seven arches Near each other. There were about 60 people there to watch the sun come up. It was awesome, but a little hard to get pictures without people in them. Go take the hike out to delicate arch a little further into the park.
+1

Delicate Arch is a must see. You can't go to Arches and miss seeing that one.

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All good info folks, keep it coming!

Confirmed my reservations today. Will be doing the Off-Rodeo on Sat. Sept 10th! Staying in Moab at the LaQuinta Inn and Suites, not at the fancy resort ($1200/night just WAAYYYY too steep for me)

Reservations for Arches on Sun 9/11, will find something else to do on 9/12 and head for home on Tue 9/13. Getting pretty excited!
Dinner at the sunset grill has great views around sunset and is located in Charlie Steens home. Also, there is an interesting podcast on the history of Moab, if you need some good listening materials for your trip. Interview with Dan mick, who is local moab legend.

EgreenBadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All good info folks, keep it coming!

Confirmed my reservations today. Will be doing the Off-Rodeo on Sat. Sept 10th! Staying in Moab at the LaQuinta Inn and Suites, not at the fancy resort ($1200/night just WAAYYYY too steep for me)

Reservations for Arches on Sun 9/11, will find something else to do on 9/12 and head for home on Tue 9/13. Getting pretty excited!
I stayed at the resort at the end of June and it was nowhere near $1,200 a night. I think it was around $375 a night when I was there.

OP
OP
LoneRider

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I stayed at the resort at the end of June and it was nowhere near $1,200 a night. I think it was around $375 a night when I was there.
We will be in Moab Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon nights. It was $350/$440/$1200/$1200. Not sure why so much steeper Sun/Mon, but LaQuinta was a total of $1000 for all four nights

Sponsored

Vern

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2006 F250, Ford 2023 Bronco Badsquatch w/ Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am actually on my way back from Moab Off-Roadeo. Had a great time. Did Off-Rodeo on Monday 7/24. Stayed at Red Cliffs Sunday, Monday, Tuesday night. Then swapped over to Best Western Canyonlands for Wednesday and Thursday night. Both hotels were great. Best Western was much cheaper. If I did it over I would probably save the money and stay at the Best Western for the whole stay. After Off-Rodeo Monday did Onion Creek. Great easy trail. Had timed entry for Arches on Tuesday. Drove out at noon back to Moab for lunch and drove back in on Willow Spring road to finish seeing park. On Wednesday did Gemini Bridges. Missed a turn coming out and as a result did 4 Arches trail. Backtracked found wrong turn and came back out. Thursday did Canyonlands and then drove back out on Shafer trail / Potash Rd. All these are easy trails no issue. All had interesting things to see. We enjoyed every one. Have tons of great photos and videos. Buy the trail guide book before you go it was a great resource. We are fired up to go back still have so many trails we want to do!!!

Vern

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2006 F250, Ford 2023 Bronco Badsquatch w/ Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry guys for dredging up the outdated thread. Shouldn't read the forum on my phone at the hotel after a full day driving home.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry guys for dredging up the outdated thread. Shouldn't read the forum on my phone at the hotel after a full day driving home.
Y’know what, though… This is one of those threads that it’s not a problem. Most of the info in this one still applies for anyone planning on the Moab Off Roadeo, so no worries… 😎
Sponsored