Sponsored

Was about to slap down the deposit for a rubicon..

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The other thing I think for wanted with the doors is a clean look. With the hinges on the inside like normal. Gives you the clean car look instead of the military/farm look of the jeeps hinges. Style and flowing lines have always been important to Ford. Jeep if they have style its as an afterthought of hardcore functionality.

The trick i wonder about the doors is do the panels come off with it open or shut or both. Because you dont want to chip the paint on the edge of the fender, i think maybe you roll the windows down, get out, shut the door, reach in the window and pop some clips and remove?

I dont know the whole concept has obstacles, hope we see soon.
I wonder if the door assembly could slide over the bars when you have the door open. Essentially the door would have two holes in it that the built in door bars slot into.

So you open the door, undo some clips/brackets and slide the door away from the vehicle.

I hope that makes sense.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder if the door assembly could slide over the bars when you have the door open. Essentially the door would have two holes in it that the built in door bars slot into.

So you open the door, undo some clips/brackets and slide the door away from the vehicle.

I hope that makes sense.
Yeah the slider on door thats better. It does leave an issue with keeping the channel clean and accidental closing when not fully slid. But it would be much more secure and pretty easy(when clean).