Sponsored

Was about to slap down the deposit for a rubicon..

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all. Just saying hi and that I’ll be lurking around.

I had my heart dead set on a rubicon for awhile now for my next vehicle. But got wind this bronco frenzy right before covid. Just my luck that I arrive at the party right when it gets put on pause.

Hopefully the reveal will be soon as my current car’s lease is over in July.

2 things the new bronco MUST have:
- removable doors (it’s what makes the Jeep truly unique)
- it looks good with 37” tires (I’ve been dreaming about big tires on a Jeep since I was in my 20’s (years ago ;))
Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi all. Just saying hi and that I’ll be lurking around.

I had my heart dead set on a rubicon for awhile now for my next vehicle. But got wind this bronco frenzy right before covid. Just my luck that I arrive at the party right when it gets put on pause.

Hopefully the reveal will be soon as my current car’s lease is over in July.

2 things the new bronco MUST have:
- removable doors (it’s what makes the Jeep truly unique)
- it looks good with 37” tires (I’ve been dreaming about big tires on a Jeep since I was in my 20’s (years ago ;))
Why the reveal is imminent, it won't go into production until December of this year at the earliest sooo

OP
OP
jaeggernaut

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yup. If I like, I’ll need to figure out something in between. Do something ‘stupid’ since it’ll only be a year-ish ;)

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I think you are in luck. w e know it'll have removable doors and top, and the pictures with the 35s, looks like it'll fit 37s without much effort.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, I think you are in luck. w e know it'll have removable doors and top, and the pictures with the 35s, looks like it'll fit 37s without much effort.
Do we know the removable doors for sure though? The photos showed removable top, but I didn't see where we had 100% confirmation the doors come off. Would be nice if they did. The doors look more like traditional doors compared to Wrangler, that is why I wonder about how easy they come off?

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we know the removable doors for sure though? The photos showed removable top, but I didn't see where we had 100% confirmation the doors come off. Would be nice if they did. The doors look more like traditional doors compared to Wrangler, that is why I wonder about how easy they come off?
yes, it is 100% confirmed that the doors are easily removable and stow-able. What isn't confirmed is how the configuration will be afterwards, it appears there will still be a crash bar across the door opening.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can take the doors off of anything and drive around as long as you have mirrors.

I'm just saying.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, yeah I recall that thread and had commented in it. I wasn't sure though, if we now have concrete evidence the removable/partial doors actually made it to the production Bronco. Guess we will see soon enough at the reveal.
well, the two most obvious things I can point out to you are: mirrors are mounted to the body, not the door, and the doors are frameless, meaning that with window down, they would require half the stowable space than a framed door, and also easier to handle.less bulky.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
well, the two most obvious things I can point out to you are: mirrors are mounted to the body, not the door, and the doors are frameless, meaning that with window down, they would require half the stowable space than a framed door, and also easier to handle.less bulky.
Yes lack of window frame will be a nice plus on a removable door, in terms of stowage. My hard Jeep doors in contrast, are bulky having the frame. Although looks like the rear door on the 4 door Bronco model, has a triangle that will stick up a bit from the door. But still better than having a full window frame.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes lack of window frame will be a nice plus on a removable door, in terms of stowage. My hard Jeep doors in contrast, are bulky having the frame. Although looks like the rear door on the 4 door Bronco model, has a triangle that will stick up a bit from the door. But still better than having a full window frame.
yeah, that triangle on teh 4-dr is not good. it means that there is a corner missing in the glass at the bottom, which is likely due to interference with the wheel well when rolled down....so, no cutting fenders on the 4 door, or at least not towards the front side of the wheel well, you'd have to only cut to the back, which means stretching the wheelbase.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They are sort of like Jeep JK half doors with power windows, and maybe trail doors built in.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I had just found out about the Bronco is Feb/March. I've been wanting this thing since 2004...

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The other thing I think for wanted with the doors is a clean look. With the hinges on the inside like normal. Gives you the clean car look instead of the military/farm look of the jeeps hinges. Style and flowing lines have always been important to Ford. Jeep if they have style its as an afterthought of hardcore functionality.

The trick i wonder about the doors is do the panels come off with it open or shut or both. Because you dont want to chip the paint on the edge of the fender, i think maybe you roll the windows down, get out, shut the door, reach in the window and pop some clips and remove?

I dont know the whole concept has obstacles, hope we see soon.
Sponsored