First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have a few questions about washing the plastics inside and out on the Bronco, they seem to not clean so easily, if at all. Mud stains on the fenders and also plastic bumpers don't seem to wash away in all cases, it washes away then there is some residue that never seems to come off, is there a trick ? Also we have an OuterBanks and it seems to have the cheapest looking plastics inside, the plastic seems to have a grain, in some areas like the center console, and doors the doors and center console do not clean very easily. Is there a trick to getting the dirt / oils out ?
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is this "washing" that you speak of? lol :)

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dry shampoo?

Ford Bronco Washing the Bronco ... 1642916425079

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have a few questions about washing the plastics inside and out on the Bronco, they seem to not clean so easily, if at all. Mud stains on the fenders and also plastic bumpers don't seem to wash away in all cases, it washes away then there is some residue that never seems to come off, is there a trick ? Also we have an OuterBanks and it seems to have the cheapest looking plastics inside, the plastic seems to have a grain, in some areas like the center console, and doors the doors and center console do not clean very easily. Is there a trick to getting the dirt / oils out ?
My OBX is spotless. Plenty of good interior cleaners from The Chemical Guys and Griots Garage.

Sponsored

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
+1 for the Chemical Guys plastic cleaners/protecter, it's awesome stuff!

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like Adam's products (www.adamspolishes.com). I used the interior detailer spray yesterday and wiped down the interior and everything looks much better.

On the exterior trim pieces, I plan on using their tire and rubber cleaner to clean and then coming back with their VRT after drying to enhance and protect.

They have great products and usually have some type of sale or promotion going on.

OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for all of the suggestions, however I am looking for a type of detergent mixed with water in a bucket with a traditional sponge to just wash the car with and get rid of the mud marks, is there such a thing, warm water maybe ? I mean protecting the parts from sun water etc, is one way to go, but I'm not looking to go through that trouble, I want to use the car for what it is when it wears out we can replace parts, but also be able to wash it with a normal wash process that will get rid of mud marks, first wash with residual mud marks seems uncharacteristic of a materials surface.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor - 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for all of the suggestions, however I am looking for a type of detergent mixed with water in a bucket with a traditional sponge to just wash the car with and get rid of the mud marks, is there such a thing, warm water maybe ? I mean protecting the parts from sun water etc, is one way to go, but I'm not looking to go through that trouble, I want to use the car for what it is when it wears out we can replace parts, but also be able to wash it with a normal wash process that will get rid of mud marks, first wash with residual mud marks seems uncharacteristic of a materials surface.
Maybe you are using the word detergent for shampoo. Whatever you do , don't use dish detergent on your truck, it will remove your wax and make things much worse.
As mentioned earlier, Adam's Polishes is a great resource and they have lots of easy beginner videos.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rest of the Bronco yes. The plastics and flares need a different love. I use a chemical guys all purpose plastic cleaner and a brush. Then some back to black or some other black plastic restorer. Cheers.
Sponsored