Sponsored

Washington State: What dealer are you using?

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the southern part of the state, going with Damerow Ford. Does anyone know if the March 19 order deadline is a thing? I was told I needed to have my reservation converted by then.
I can confirm - it is a thing - you need to have your reservation converted to an order by that date (unless they change it again - but as of today - thats the date.
Sponsored

ufdlim

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4h
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey, new to these forums. Looking to make a reservation soon and wanted to see if anyone in WA state is ordering from outside of the state to take advantage of some deals. Granger is like 20+ hours away but it would be a cool trip back. But I don't think I can apply a trade-in offset for when I have to register the car in WA afterwards?

TazmanianRob

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline/BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've "talked" to Sound Ford and thats where my reservation is through, but they make me nervous as they won't answer any questions and when I spoke to someone on the phone from them, the person wasn't very nice and seemed like she didn't know a dang thing.

I reached out to Bowen Scarff in Kent and they are supposedly getting back to me soon. But I was curious, what's your plan? Have you heard about a good deal from a Washington dealer?

Edit: I just heard back from Bowen Scarff and they said "We will be one of the only dealerships not charging over MSRP, we are also including our Lifetime Powertrain Warranty as well on the Broncos :)"

i ordered through Bowen Scarff. The have been responsive and knowledgeable, plus no markup.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone here using Dwayne Lane's Skagit Ford and tried to update their order?

I sent an order update a week and a half ago on Saturday 5/29. Dealer said he would send me a build last Wednesday 6/2. That came and went with no update. Sent a follow-up email on Thursday 6/3 1PM. No response. Called on Saturday and got a call back Sunday. We went over the order on the phone and he said he would send me an updated build sheet after the call. Get home and wait...no email or build sheet. Sent an email on Monday 6/7 and no response. Turns out he is off Monday and Tuesday. That is fine. Call him today since no response to my email and he says he can't update the order and has a call in to the area rep to get it sorted out. Apparently a couple customers are in this situation with him. It has been a week and a half and it is something that should be so simple that is just dragging on and on... When I talk with him on the phone he knows about the Bronco issue and we talk about my order just fine. Getting that last bit of action is exhausting.

Anyone else in this situation with the dealer?

Sponsored

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sent an order update a week and a half ago on Saturday 5/29. Dealer said he would send me a build last Wednesday 6/2. That came and went with no update. Sent a follow-up email on Thursday 6/3 1PM. No response. Called on Saturday and got a call back Sunday. We went over the order on the phone and he said he would send me an updated build sheet after the call. Get home and wait...no email or build sheet. Sent an email on Monday 6/7 and no response. Turns out he is off Monday and Tuesday. That is fine. Call him today since no response to my email and he says he can't update the order and has a call in to the area rep to get it sorted out. Apparently a couple customers are in this situation with him. It has been a week and a half and it is something that should be so simple that is just dragging on and on... When I talk with him on the phone he knows about the Bronco issue and we talk about my order just fine. Getting that last bit of action is exhausting.

Yes - I have actually been into my dealer to change my order after the last email from Ford delaying again. ALL dealers are stuck right now - and cannot edit or change a thing or they will blow up your order - I literally sat in the office with them and it was terrifying to see how this works - for my changes they had to get help from the regional support folks for fear of actually deleting my order by changing it at all - so no, you are not alone - its just another Ford problem - the dealers cannot change it - its that the tools they have been given - are from 1982 and are shit.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes - I have actually been into my dealer to change my order after the last email from Ford delaying again. ALL dealers are stuck right now - and cannot edit or change a thing or they will blow up your order - I literally sat in the office with them and it was terrifying to see how this works - for my changes they had to get help from the regional support folks for fear of actually deleting my order by changing it at all - so no, you are not alone - its just another Ford problem - the dealers cannot change it - its that the tools they have been given - are from 1982 and are shit.
Thanks for the reply! Now just something entirely different to worry about!

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That guy had no sense of urgency, at order time didn't know squat, and didn't give me much confidence at all. I transferred to Bickford and it was a night and day difference in communication.

I'm still VINless though, so there is that :(

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That guy had no sense of urgency, at order time didn't know squat, and didn't give me much confidence at all. I transferred to Bickford and it was a night and day difference in communication.

I'm still VINless though, so there is that :(
Yeah. I think I chose poorly. :(

I'm a midday 7/15 res, so luckily (maybe unluckily haha) there is time to update my order. I appreciate the response!

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. I think I chose poorly. :(

I'm a midday 7/15 res, so luckily (maybe unluckily haha) there is time to update my order. I appreciate the response!
When they went to the "Allocation Methodology" it essentially made our time stamps mostly ceremonial - you/we - are in a line which now resembles a mob versus a line - with 3000 dealerships in the US - we are all in a queue that cannot even be measured - I tried to go in and literally add every single option I originally left off hoping it would help me - now resigned to just getting mine when my time is up - and hopeful as a (day 3) reservation I see mine a year from now - and even then - not holding my breath.

Sponsored

CUrt_Russell

Big Bend
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, somewhat.

I placed my online reservation (at Ford.com) using Dwayne Lane's back in July 2020. I used them to hopefully save some sale tax - but probably not knowing how this state loves taxes. And what I'm learning about customer service. I'm a little worried.

The dealer contacted me and had me complete the build/order. The online reservation at Ford's site changed to contact the dealer with an order date for March 5. I thought I lost my place in line and asked about that.

This is where doubt and concern started about this dealer. Very slow to respond, at least a day, usually more. The only update I received from the dealer was a sales pitch that seemed to be an auto-generated email.

I asked a question about the possibility of changing my order (adding aux switch) without losing my place in line, after two or three days he got back to me saying probably not and he would check with his people to confirm. Never got back to me. I learned in online forums that I couldn't change anything once I have the VIN. Still no update from him.

I've updated him when I got the emails from Ford. It seems he should get the same emails and update me, but nope.

I ordered Big Bend, Race Red, 3.7, tow package, MID, and soft top. I learned that, except for the tow package, I'm situated well for the order. I didn't order the MIC hard top or other accessories that are having problems in the supply chain. The current status is in production. The original build date was June 7, then pushed back to June 21. The in-production and window sticker update were June 16 (from Ford's website). I'm hoping and waiting for the 'it's built' email from Ford.

One last thing about this dealer, something he said that sticks with me, he says "I've been here for ten years and I've never lied". He said that unsolicited and not in reference to anything we were talking about, I was asking about dealer mark-up. I'm worried.

Other than the slow communication and that one comment, things are okay with Dwayne Lane Dealership in Washington. I haven't sat across from the finance manager yet, so we'll see how that goes. Fingers crossed.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, somewhat.

I placed my online reservation (at Ford.com) using Dwayne Lane's back in July 2020. I used them to hopefully save some sale tax - but probably not knowing how this state loves taxes. And what I'm learning about customer service. I'm a little worried.

The dealer contacted me and had me complete the build/order. The online reservation at Ford's site changed to contact the dealer with an order date for March 5. I thought I lost my place in line and asked about that.

This is where doubt and concern started about this dealer. Very slow to respond, at least a day, usually more. The only update I received from the dealer was a sales pitch that seemed to be an auto-generated email.

I asked a question about the possibility of changing my order (adding aux switch) without losing my place in line, after two or three days he got back to me saying probably not and he would check with his people to confirm. Never got back to me. I learned in online forums that I couldn't change anything once I have the VIN. Still no update from him.

I've updated him when I got the emails from Ford. It seems he should get the same emails and update me, but nope.

I ordered Big Bend, Race Red, 3.7, tow package, MID, and soft top. I learned that, except for the tow package, I'm situated well for the order. I didn't order the MIC hard top or other accessories that are having problems in the supply chain. The current status is in production. The original build date was June 7, then pushed back to June 21. The in-production and window sticker update were June 16 (from Ford's website). I'm hoping and waiting for the 'it's built' email from Ford.

One last thing about this dealer, something he said that sticks with me, he says "I've been here for ten years and I've never lied". He said that unsolicited and not in reference to anything we were talking about, I was asking about dealer mark-up. I'm worried.

Other than the slow communication and that one comment, things are okay with Dwayne Lane Dealership in Washington. I haven't sat across from the finance manager yet, so we'll see how that goes. Fingers crossed.
I just got off the phone from with him about my order change that I requested 3 weeks ago that still hasn't happened. He says his area rep hasn't gotten back to him and he has other people in the same position. On that communication front he says he doesn't send emails or make calls when nothing happens. :mad: Too many customers with Bronco, Lightning and the like. :rolleyes:

I did actually receive an update preview and it is pretty wrong. I want Shadow Black 2D 2.7L V6 Base with Sasquatch, Aux switches, floor/cargo liner. The preview was for Shadow Black 2D 2.3L I4 Badlands with automatic w/ floor liners. I wasn't mad until this point and now I'm getting there. I'm not in need of this vehicle so I'm not trying to let anything about it affect me negatively but it is getting hard at this point.

Sounds like you were able to get an order in and built, so that is nice! Congrats! He says he thinks all orders being built right now are soft tops and that is close to reality, but there are some hardtops as we have seen on the forum.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Positive update here: got my order update squared away! :giggle: Set up a meeting with the dealer and drove out there. Looks like we were talking past each other in terms of Base model. For whatever reason, dealer kept thinking base engine instead of Base trim. When I got there he had a print out of the order guide and he immediately turned to the Badlands section and I said no, I’m trying to step away from Badlands to a Base model, trim or series whatever it’s called. He looked a little confused and I said it towards the front. He turned there and it clicked. After that it was smooth sailing. He must not have gotten any Base orders or something. We went over the options, got a preview and it matches what I want. All is good now. Wish it didn’t come that amount of effort but it’s resolved now. No idea if area rep is needed or what, but I don’t really care. What has happened has happened, so no use dwelling on it.

BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Emailed with Ryan at Awesome Ford in Chehalis again today and asked him about the additional deposit mentioned in Ford's email. He said AF would not be asking for additional deposit and reiterated no ADM and honor X-Plan. Had nothing but good interaction with him so far. 8.5% sales tax. He also mentioned he's getting one too.
Have you taken delivery yet? Did Awesome Ford honor no ADM?
Sponsored