Sponsored

Washington State: What dealer are you using?

olallabiker

Badlands
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, diesel/2017 sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going with a local dealer Bruce Titus. Purchased my first Bronco 76 and 88 Bronco 2 from that location , different dear at that time, but I like local.
Sponsored

Fordfan

Badlands
First Name
KnD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger Tremor XLT, '22 Roush Bronco "R" Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well my wife said that I shouldn't be telling all you guys about our little secret in Morton, now all you guys with earlier reservations the me will get your broncos before me now. Lol
I know Jim :) Great people!

Dusty Rhodes

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrex
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've "talked" to Sound Ford and thats where my reservation is through, but they make me nervous as they won't answer any questions and when I spoke to someone on the phone from them, the person wasn't very nice and seemed like she didn't know a dang thing.

I reached out to Bowen Scarff in Kent and they are supposedly getting back to me soon. But I was curious, what's your plan? Have you heard about a good deal from a Washington dealer?

Edit: I just heard back from Bowen Scarff and they said "We will be one of the only dealerships not charging over MSRP, we are also including our Lifetime Powertrain Warranty as well on the Broncos :)"
My reservation was at Sound Ford. I went down to check out a few colors on the Sports and the sales person told me they are charging $5K above MSRP. I asked this person if they were sure about that and then they backtracked a bit. I went straight home and called Bowen and the sales manager guaranteed they would not charge a dollar above MSRP. Reservation changed.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know Jim :) Great people!
Yes and vary honest, he will not try to sell you something that you don't need , nor will he bull shit you and try to tell you anything about the bronco orders untill he knows exactly what fords plan is on the reservations system.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know it’s already been discussed a bit today, but here is a link to WA Department of Revenue and destination based sales tax:

https://dor.wa.gov/taxes-rates/retail-sales-tax/destination-based-sales-tax

Of note is the final paragraph reproduced below:

The following are excluded from destination-based sales tax:
  • Sales of motor vehicles, trailers, semi-trailers, aircraft, and watercraft. Sales tax is based on the seller’s location even if the seller delivers the items to customers.

Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let us know how it will go. 2% looks good :)
If Bronco Finder is right that Morton is 7.8% then it's a 2.4% savings from Seattle area. That's significant on a fully optioned Badlands.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If Bronco Finder is right that Morton is 7.8% then it's a 2.4% savings from Seattle area. That's significant on a fully optioned Badlands.
List of Sales tax rates by city: link

Morton is 7.8%. I think Washington has a 0.3% additional auto tax rate but that is everywhere. I’m looking to go to Dwayne Lane’s in Burlington at 8.5%.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm assuming they are MSRP. Is that right?
Yeah probably. Pretty sure no ADM. They were Xplan accepting if Ford made it available. That‘s gone now. Will have to see come order time. Luckily we have some time during order window to switch dealers. The dealers I’ve tried talking to don’t really want to discuss price so I’m just waiting for ordering time when the numbers are known and then shop around. Variable tax rate by dealer location is something to consider as well as distance. I’m in Everett so they were the sweet spot when Xplan was the plan.

Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m reserved with Auto Nation in Bellevue but I’m thinking of switching to Mullinax in Olympia... they had a rep on here stating all Mullinax dealers are honoring Xplan. A 59k badlands with xplan will save me over 1500 bucks.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I moved mine to AutoNation a couple weeks ago after confirming X-Plan pricing. I figure a few thousand off the top of a BadSquatch Luxe is worth more than additional warranty...
Oh damn I just saw this. They are definitely honoring xplan?

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I paired with Bowen Scarff from the reservation site. Catilyn has been super communicative, answered all questions I've had. So far I feel good dealing with them. Only thing is I'm not sure if I'll have to change dealerships when I get my dust station. If the tax is lower wherever that is I'll honestly try to switch to same some $.
Caitlin and team at Bowen Scarff are great on factory orders. Ordered my 2019 Ranger from her.

I would have reserved with them, but got a deal I couldn’t pass up in Beaverton. And having discussed other high demand vehicles with her, I’ve not found them to be very motivated negotiators. Can’t blame them, I suppose. The market in the Seattle metro area is just too plush for dealers to make any concessions on Raptors and the like.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently have my reservation sitting at Evergreen in Issaquah, don't see any reason to change things until things get real and orders can actually be placed. Evergreen has been fine to deal with over the years, have bought some of my vehicles from them along with company vehicles too. There's been some not so great things at times, but that's going to happen at any dealership.

Anybody have any experience with Pat Armstrong Ford in Wenatchee? I'm always in the area and it would be a sizable sales tax savings (assuming everything else is equal).

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called Sound Ford this morning. They are totally lost, completely out of the loop on everything. The person I talked to believed that reservation holders would order through Ford, and the dealer role was basically just for the customer to take delivery. He said that they just received a large book of information from Ford that they are supposed read by Monday. He also mentioned that they were extremely busy and most of of their staff have been laid off due to COVID.

I was already pretty sure I was going to move, but that conversation really sealed the deal. Sounds like they are just overwhelmed at this point.

I stopped by Skagit Ford this morning. As is already known, MSRP. Otherwise they seem like decent folks. The sales manager didn't want to say or possibly didn't know when the order banks would actually open. I asked about allocations and he did agree that it could be an issue for some, but since I was a day one reservation, I'd likely be fine assuming no late availability delays.

Since I was there I test drove a Base Sport. First impression is NOT great. The exterior is what it is. I like the basic interior and dash layout. The speedometer analog gauge is difficult to read at a glance due to not labeling all the 10mph increments. i.e. the labels go 20-40-60. Visibility over the hood seems really poor. In my 2018 F-150 the hood is almost not visible. The engine vibrates pretty significantly at idle. Cabin noise was more than expected. Power seemed lacking at first, then I realized it was in eco mode. Sport mode helped quite a bit. Overall it "feels" a little cheap.
Sponsored