Sponsored

Washington State: What dealer are you using?

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just an FYI, I called Pierre Ford yesterday to ask about the "group buy" $1,000 off MSRP and was told that it was a 1-time deal for a small group and they are not offering it anymore. I also called Autonation in Bellevue to ask about the x-plan deal. The salesperson said they would not not honor x-plan if Ford was not honoring it. I asked that he speak with his manager about it and came back saying they will honor any x-plan pricing if the buyer qualifies. So, looks like I'll be moving from Evergreen in Issaquah to Autonation in Bellevue.
Glad you pressed. For a buyer to qualify, my understanding is that they have to be able to produce a x-plan qualifying PIN.

Jeff
Sponsored

caesar2006

Outer Banks
First Name
Harper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Q50 Hybrid/S, '65 Mustang, '04 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've "talked" to Sound Ford and thats where my reservation is through, but they make me nervous as they won't answer any questions and when I spoke to someone on the phone from them, the person wasn't very nice and seemed like she didn't know a dang thing.

I reached out to Bowen Scarff in Kent and they are supposedly getting back to me soon. But I was curious, what's your plan? Have you heard about a good deal from a Washington dealer?

Edit: I just heard back from Bowen Scarff and they said "We will be one of the only dealerships not charging over MSRP, we are also including our Lifetime Powertrain Warranty as well on the Broncos :)"
I paired with Bowen Scarff from the reservation site. Catilyn has been super communicative, answered all questions I've had. So far I feel good dealing with them. Only thing is I'm not sure if I'll have to change dealerships when I get my dust station. If the tax is lower wherever that is I'll honestly try to switch to same some $.

kkurni

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just an FYI, I called Pierre Ford yesterday to ask about the "group buy" $1,000 off MSRP and was told that it was a 1-time deal for a small group and they are not offering it anymore. I also called Autonation in Bellevue to ask about the x-plan deal. The salesperson said they would not not honor x-plan if Ford was not honoring it. I asked that he speak with his manager about it and came back saying they will honor any x-plan pricing if the buyer qualifies. So, looks like I'll be moving from Evergreen in Issaquah to Autonation in Bellevue.
My reservation is also with Evergreen in Issaquah.
How to move it Autonation in bellevue?

JTY

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang, 2019 H-D Low Rider
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm with Damerow in Beaverton. Got family down in Oregon, so it'll make a nice short road trip.

Sponsored

AlpineFisher

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Glad you pressed. For a buyer to qualify, my understanding is that they have to be able to produce a x-plan qualifying PIN.

Jeff
That's my understanding as well. I seen some postings that for people using a Mustang Club pin they'll need to produce their Mustang Club membership card as well. But I don't know how widespread that will be.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone planning on buying through Sunset Ford in Sumner? I'm reserved with them, but haven't had any real communication from them since the day I reserved (7/14). I went down there a few weeks ago to drive a couple vehicles with the 2.3 and 2.7 and the auto vs manual. The sales guy I met said very excitedly they have over 120 reservations, but he didn't know what the plan was. He was also very excited to be recently "Bronco Certified" and had driven a simulator that the sales staff has for the sales staff to get to know the product. Well they didn't have anything with a 2.7 I could drive so they were going to call me back when they did, and that was that. Still haven't heard anything. Getting a little concerned over the radio silence from them. I did send them an email today replying to the one email I had received, so we'll see if anything happens.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It will be very interesting to see how many reservations these dealers still have after it's time to pay up. I'm with Autonation Ford in Bellevue.

I had no thoughts about paying anything other than MSRP, but there are quite a few threads with people finding deals for less. If anyone spots something in Washington or nearby states, please post. Thanks.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

SMRPILOT? Curious about the meaning.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It will be very interesting to see how many reservations these dealers still have after it's time to pay up. I'm with Autonation Ford in Bellevue.

I had no thoughts about paying anything other than MSRP, but there are quite a few threads with people finding deals for less. If anyone spots something in Washington or nearby states, please post. Thanks.
Wife and I just bought a 2021 Ford Explorer for towing now that we are unable to hardly tow anything with the Bronco ( but I digress) we went through Jim Van Cleef Motors in Morton Wa only because we save $1,400 on sales tax, being that Seattle charges 10 .01 now and over in Morton its only 7.8 % . He is also carrying my reservation for my Bronco as well. and oh yeah they're also great people to deal with as well, if you decide to change your reservations ask for Maria. All in all that's almost as good as getting below MSRP.
It's also a beautiful two and a half hour drive to Morton but well worth it for the saving.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wife and I just bought a 2021 Ford Explorer for towing now that we are unable to hardly tow anything with the Bronco ( but I digress) we went through Jim Van Cleef Motors in Morton Wa only because we save $1,400 on sales tax, being that Seattle charges 10 .01 now and over in Morton its only 7.8 % . He is also carrying my reservation for my Bronco as well. and oh yeah they're also great people to deal with as well, if you decide to change your reservations ask for Maria. All in all that's almost as good as getting below MSRP.
It's also a beautiful two and a half hour drive to Morton but well worth it for the saving.
Is that the way it really works? I always thought Washington state makes you pay based on your home residence, not where your dealer resides. If you are right, that's a damn good tip. Thanks!

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that the way it really works? I always thought Washington state makes you pay based on your home residence, not where your dealer resides. If you are right, that's a damn good tip. Thanks!
This has been discussed many times in this forum and is easy to look up. You pay based on your address. So in his case, taxman will be knockin.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

you're still screwed on your license and registration though that's based on where you live, but sales tax is based on where you purchased. that's why a lot of people go down to Oregon purchase their vehicle cuz there's no sales tax but you still got to pay vehicle license and registration fees in Wa St

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

that's why a lot of people go down to Oregon purchase their vehicle cuz there's no sales tax
You can't escape sales tax on a big purchase item like that. They just call it "use tax" and hit you with the same costs when you go to register in Washington. Only way to escape it is to never register in Washington, but that's another can of worms.