Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
and cold air does what? I want an actual engineering, design or cost reason for their location being the floor, where they are susceptible to the elements vs the console
Why, who are you, that's a bit demanding, isn't itl?
I think cooled air would best be served directly through the front vents instead of passing through a warmed plastic winding narrow channel, finally escaping through the pre-warmed console, but that's just my opinion...
It's an SUV, not a minivan, jeez!

Advertisement

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
That may be true. Just not sure what is in the center console that would preclude the curving the vents under the seat and into the console. Nether did the Ford guys... Maybe instead of a trunk monkey, we get a center console monkey!!!
The console isn't really very big. You have the trans selector, storage bin, mirror controls and window switches on both front and rear. Pretty sure there's also AC and USB on the back end. That doesn't leave much room.

dangerwillrobinson

First Edition
First Name
evan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, mustang, audi s5
Honestly I think the cab is small enough that you don't really need the back sent vents. Especially if you're ridin dirty (with the top and doors off).
Riding with the top off is one thing, but driving around phoenix in July? The hottest place on the planet is the back seat of an SUV with inadequate ventilation. I will be modifying that myself.

Another thought: if it has a strong fan, won't a floor vent just blow the dirt from the floor all over the interior?

Last edited:

Hawkeye McCloud

Big Bend
First Name
Weiss
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Nissan Frontier
Vents on the floor for a washable floor? How stinky with these vents get when water is trapped in there? Yikes.

Tdifonzo

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Vehicle Showcase
What are the odds that the Bronco carpeted floor mats would fit over the rubber washout floor so I can have the best of both worlds and takes them out when I feel like getting dirty?

markregel

Base
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
In the confined space of a small car you don't really need vents in the rear, the entire space cools/heats rapidly. My Mazda6 has rear floor vents like this, and it stays comfortable back there -- hardly something to scream about.

centra28

Black Diamond
First Name
Dale
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Limited
Clubs

Riding with the top off is one thing, but driving around phoenix in July? The hottest place on the planet is the back seat of an SUV with inadequate ventilation. I will be modifying that myself.

Another thought: if it has a strong fan, won't a floor vent just blow the dirt from the floor all over the interior?

Lastly, doesn't the FE badge under my name look like underwear?
That is not an experience I am familiar with, so that is a valid point sir.

centra28

Black Diamond
First Name
Dale
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Limited
Clubs

Lastly, doesn't the FE badge under my name look like underwear?
I also read that the rear windows are removable on some of the hard tops so there is always the option of a window AC unit. I've seen it at Walmart.

1602280369834.png

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Clubs

I also read that the rear windows are removable on some of the hard tops so there is always the option of a window AC unit. I've seen it at Walmart.

1602280369834.png
That's only going to work on the 4 door😂

BroncoMBME

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3 - Tesla Model 3 future new Bronco
So when i wash my floor the water will to into the air vent on the rear seats omg great design ford lol

jowither

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry, Toyota 4Runner
So, has anyone thought about the heat that will radiate through the rubberized flooring vs. a model that's carpeted? Has Ford addressed this concern? I would imagine that the carpet would insulate that radiating heat into the cabin better. I'd like the washout floors but, being in Texas, it's always hot and I don't want to add heat that will come from beneath the floor.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Honestly, those controls should have been in the front below the screen, thus creating enough room for rear console vents.

Ok, Ford, I'll bill you my consulting fees for fixing the problem...
The front switches wouldn't affect anything, it'd be the back ones if anything.

Advertisement

Advertisement